Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Breonna Taylor

Blog Entries

Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Of course I want police to come home to their families too, but let's have common sense! This wasn't exactly busting El Chapo here. She had ZERO criminal history and was easily available for questioning/arrest during the course of her normal working hours as an EMT. Do you really think that busting down her door was the best approach?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Weren't they at the wrong house?

Of course I want police to come home to their families too, but let's have common sense! This wasn't exactly busting El Chapo here. She had ZERO criminal history and was easily available for questioning/arrest during the course of her normal working hours as an EMT. Do you really think that busting down her door was the best approach?

I’m commenting on points like the war on drugs is racist, we should basically eliminate no knock warrants, and somehow the cops violence is escalating violence.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Weren't they at the wrong house?
    No, according to what I saw, her house was on the arrest warrant.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I’m commenting on points like the war on drugs is racist, we should basically eliminate no knock warrants, and somehow the cops violence is escalating violence.
    Well we know for a fact that the war on drugs was racist. That's not in contention.

I'm referring to having common sense. These raids are given the ok on a case by case basis. Why would a judge give the ok to execute a no knock raid for a non violent suspect with no history of criminal activity when she has an actual job? I never said to eliminate them

Well we know for a fact that the war on drugs was racist. That's not in contention.

I'm referring to having common sense. These raids are given the ok on a case by case basis. Why would a judge give the ok to execute a no knock raid for a non violent suspect with no history of criminal activity when she has an actual job? I never said to eliminate them

Nope, not a fact, I contest it.
    Go back and read the posts, there’s was a comment (not by you) that we should basically eliminate no knock warrants and police violence
    Escalates violence.

Nope, not a fact, I contest it.
    So do I.

I understand that, but what are you supposed to think if 3 guys bust through your front door without saying who they are, while in plain clothes, and no body cam? Wouldnt you shoot as well? At what point can we say that the civilian feared for his life? There's no way IMO that you could charge the man for shooting cops when they never even said they were cops and did a no-knock entry.
    This should be something these guys doing no-knock warrants take into account. These are police and had a warrant and are law enforcement officers, not vigilantes. But it goes to show again how even police can be unprepared. This situation, a lot of these tragic shootings, have one thing in common. The parties involved did not prepare properly and when something off script happened mayhem ensued. Guys get out of truck with shotguns and guy keeps running at them and charges, struggle for weapon... Zimmerman follow Martin feeling invincible and when he is confronted by Martin and taken down, struggle for weapon.... These guys go in unannounced expecting everyone will cower and they have control and this guy does what many would do if they had a weapon by the bed.

What makes me sick is they are charging the guy with a crime. He's innocent as the day is long. He had every right to shoot at those guys. Wtf on that? The police should be apologizing to him, not charging him. These guys should have fallen back when the first shot was fired and announced themselves as law enforcement.

So I agree with you. The police in this case didn't handle the situation well. I'm guessing procedures and SOP will be changed as a result of this incident.

8. Re: Breonna Taylor

I guess we should just take guns away form the cops, cause you know don’t what to stir up the criminals to violence
    Yeah....that's what I said, isn't it? Reading comprehension. Try it. Oh......

9. Re: Breonna Taylor

I'm commenting on the fact that there are other, potentially less lethal ways to combat the so-called war on drugs w/out kicking someone's door in while they're sleeping. Somehow, that gets twisted into so many other things. Gotta love it....

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Yeah....that's what I said, isn't it? Reading comprehension. Try it. Oh......
    “Maybe about as violent as the law was? All this was unnecessary. Violence leads to more violence”

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I'm commenting on the fact that there are other, potentially less lethal ways to combat the so-called war on drugs w/out kicking someone's door in while they're sleeping. Somehow, that gets twisted into so many other things. Gotta love it....
    Those are your words. I’m not going to use this incident to eliminate no knowck warrants, I think there is a need for them.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    This should be something these guys doing no-knock warrants take into account. These are police and had a warrant and are law enforcement officers, not vigilantes. But it goes to show again how even police can be unprepared. This situation, a lot of these tragic shootings, have one thing in common. The parties involved did not prepare properly and when something off script happened mayhem ensued. Guys get out of truck with shotguns and guy keeps running at them and charges, struggle for weapon... Zimmerman follow Martin feeling invincible and when he is confronted by Martin and taken down, struggle for weapon.... These guys go in unannounced expecting everyone will cower and they have control and this guy does what many would do if they had a weapon by the bed.

What makes me sick is they are charging the guy with a crime. He's innocent as the day is long. He had every right to shoot at those guys. Wtf on that? The police should be apologizing to him, not charging him. These guys should have fallen back when the first shot was fired and announced themselves as law enforcement.

So I agree with you. The police in this case didn't handle the situation well. I'm guessing procedures and SOP will be changed as a result of this incident.
    Thank you....it's just baffling to me that they got treatment that should be reserved for a Pablo Escobar or something. It makes no sense.