Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Breonna Taylor

Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Police are allowed to enter using a no-knock warrant if, "...if there is a reasonable suspicion that knocking would be dangerous, futile or inhibit the 'effective investigation of the crime, according to Louisville Metro Police policies". Police believed that Taylor's home was used to store drugs and cash for a drug runner they had already arrested. They apparently had enough evidence to convince the judge that signed the warrant. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ce/5189743002/

The police said they identified themselves in the article you posted. "Even with the no-knock warrant, Louisville police have said they identified themselves before using a battering ram to enter Taylor's residence."

They showed up at the home in plain clothes because, again this is a quote from the article you posted, "...these drug traffickers have a history of attempting to destroy evidence, have cameras on the location that compromise detectives once an approach to the dwelling is made, and have a history of fleeing from law enforcement."

The police followed up on a warrant that had been signed. Unless you're going to post some asinine conspiracy theory that the cops who went to the judge, and the judge who signed it, for some inexplicable reason wanted Taylor killed and this was some cockamamie plot to get it done legally, then you've got nothing. The cops legally entered the house and were fired upon by suspects, resulting in one officer being injured. The police fired back, striking and killing the owner of the house they were legally searching.

You're just looking for crap to be offended by.
    This is just another reason why this "war on drugs" is racist and BS. There's no reason on God's green earth why all of this needs to happen for a non violent offense. Of course I'm offended when someone dies because of some imaginary drug bust, especially when they were working as an EMT during this Coronavirus time. You should be offended too.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

2. Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Another point is this....if you as the cops have actionable real intel that the woman was essentially running a trap house, would she not be at the house running the operation? In other words, she worked as an EMT, and they knew that. Why was it not possible that they could've executed a more orderly and peaceful arrest while she was on the job? To my knowledge, EMT's don't carry guns, and so they easily could've arrested her while on the clock instead of when she was sleeping.

I agree. As I said, there are many other ways to proceed in a case like this. This Rambo style of "drug enforcement" needs to stop, except when absolutely, positively necessary. I'm a pretty conservative guy, but even I have come around to saying that this so-called war on drugs isn't working. Especially this type of operation.

Do you guys realize how fricking violent drug dealers and drug cartels are????

4. Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Maybe about as violent as the law was? All this was unnecessary. Violence leads to more violence. There are many other ways to combat this.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Maybe about as violent as the law was? All this was unnecessary. Violence leads to more violence. There are many other ways to combat this.
    I guess we should just take guns away form the cops, cause you know don’t what to stir up the criminals to violence

Yes, but the suspect actually named on the warrant worked as an EMT!! And they are not allowed to carry guns. They could've easily arrested her while she was at her job, instead of shooting her from outside of her house. Neither of the people who lived in that house had NO criminal history whatsoever, but somehow law enforcement feels the need to conduct a no knock raid??

Also, they arrested the actual drug dealer earlier that day and at MOST should've considered her an accessory to crimes. There was no need for this reaction to a non violent offense, especially when Breonna had no violent offense on her record.

Body Camera- if you are worried about people destroying evidence that would assume to continue after you have entered the home, correct? Flushing drugs after your door is broken down is as cliche as it gets but I believe that’s because it’s a real thing.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have that on camera?

If we can afford to put a gun in every cops holster and a car for him to drive around, not sure we can’t afford to put a camera on every officer nationwide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would bet pretty safely that 99% of violent drug dealers don't work as EMT'S saving people's lives. Also she didn't even own a gun. Her boyfriend who shot the policeman in self defense legally owned the one gun he had.

I expect the NRA to come to his defense soon

I agree. As I said, there are many other ways to proceed in a case like this. This Rambo style of "drug enforcement" needs to stop, except when absolutely, positively necessary. I'm a pretty conservative guy, but even I have come around to saying that this so-called war on drugs isn't working. Especially this type of operation.
    Facts bro

Blog Entries

I get that. There are other ways to combat drug trafficking w/out busting down peoples' doors in the middle of the night and having lead fly. What types of drugs were found? All this for.......nothing.
    OH I agree, I'm not a fan of this type of raid. At the same time, you can go get shirts that say police and all kinds of gear to make you look official if we were to eliminate plain clothes warrants.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Yes, but the suspect actually named on the warrant worked as an EMT!! And they are not allowed to carry guns. They could've easily arrested her while she was at her job, instead of shooting her from outside of her house. Neither of the people who lived in that house had NO criminal history whatsoever, but somehow law enforcement feels the need to conduct a no knock raid??

Also, they arrested the actual drug dealer earlier that day and at MOST should've considered her an accessory to crimes. There was no need for this reaction to a non violent offense, especially when Breonna had no violent offense on her record.

I’m sorry, while tragic, I’m not going to use this incident to take away ability from law ienforcement to do their jobs, and have the ability to protect themselves.

I’m sorry, while tragic, I’m not going to use this incident to take away ability from law ienforcement to do their jobs, and have the ability to protect themselves.
    Of course I want police to come home to their families too, but let's have common sense! This wasn't exactly busting El Chapo here. She had ZERO criminal history and was easily available for questioning/arrest during the course of her normal working hours as an EMT. Do you really think that busting down her door was the best approach?