Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Breonna Taylor

Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Breonna Taylor grand jury members say they were not presented with homicide charges

One juror said specific laws and charges were not explained to them

More after the cut.

Good. Cameron basically already violated the secrecy of the grand jury.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So they get a new Grand Jury and come to the same decision. It won't be the same people.

The public wanted to see the Grand Jury evidence.

Blog Entries

If they present the same "evidence" it might be the same result.

The old adage is a good prosecutor could get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich. The corollary to that is a good prosecutor can get a No True Bill any time he wants.

An unfortunate fact is few understand what a grand jury is or what it does. The people on this grand jury apparently didn't know they could compel the prosecutor to present more information to them or get him charged with obstructing a grand jury. Far too often both the people and prosecutors think the grand jury works for the prosecutor and/or a judge, and in practice it bears out because they all believe it. But that's not how it's supposed to be.

The cops who killed Taylor lied to get the warrant. They lied because they believed there was money in the apartment they could seize. They should be held accountable for this, but they won't because our law enforcement and criminal justice systems are riddled with institutional corruption.

The old adage is a good prosecutor could get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich. The corollary to that is a good prosecutor can get a No True Bill any time he wants.

An unfortunate fact is few understand what a grand jury is or what it does. The people on this grand jury apparently didn't know they could compel the prosecutor to present more information to them or get him charged with obstructing a grand jury. Far too often both the people and prosecutors think the grand jury works for the prosecutor and/or a judge, and in practice it bears out because they all believe it. But that's not how it's supposed to be.

The cops who killed Taylor lied to get the warrant. They lied because they believed there was money in the apartment they could seize. They should be held accountable for this, but they won't because our law enforcement and criminal justice systems are riddled with institutional corruption.

Hmmm.. Not sure I disagree with any of this.

Lied .? They had been following the going ons of her & the x boyfriend for some time. There was a phone conversation about her holding his money.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Lied .? They had been following the going ons of her & the x boyfriend for some time. There was a phone conversation about her holding his money.
    The phone conversation wasn't with her, and I mentioned it in my earlier post. But it turns out that wasn't in the warrant affadavit for a reason: the Glover conversation about money being in her apartment happened after the police had killed Taylor. He also said in that conversation that Walker was in jail. Which he was. Because police arrested him after they killed Taylor. As no money was found in Taylor's apartment, we don't know what Glover was talking about. As far as I know, LMPD hasn't released that phone call.

The police lied about "suspicious" packages getting delivered to her house. Per the Postal Inspector (who they lied about discussing it with) it was an Amazon package and wasn't suspicious.

Weren't the police that applied for the warrant and the police that executed it different?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Weren't the police that applied for the warrant and the police that executed it different?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    They were, yes.

Blog Entries

Louisville police officer wounded in Breonna Taylor raid sues her boyfriend

An officer involved in the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor has filed a civil suit against the 26-year-old's boyfriend for emotional distress, assault and battery on the night she was killed. The lawsuit claims Louisville Sergeant Jonathan Mattingly experienced "severe trauma, mental anguish, and emotional distress" because of Kenneth Walker's actions on March 13.

Mattingly and two other officers entered Taylor's apartment early in the morning that day with a warrant in an attempt to carry out a drug investigation. Walker, a licensed gun owner who said he thought the officers were intruders, allegedly fired a shot that hit Mattingly in the leg. Police opened fire, killing Taylor. Taylor had no criminal record and no drugs were found.
    More after the cut.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/bre...mpression=true

This shouldn't be allowed, especially not when government agents are able to hide behind qualified immunity for their actions. His remedy for any on-duty injury should come from the government he represents.

Breonna Taylor killed by lying cops

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...p/65406249007/

It's crazy how cops lie all the freaking time in this country. Lie after lie after lie. The cop lied SPECIFICALLY about the main point of contention concerning drugs being dropped off at her house. Complete and utter lie.

Yet every time I rightly point out that I'll never trust reports or numbers sourced by cops you all keep telling me these are just "bad apples."

Why is the American police force filled with so many bad apples?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Re: Breonna Taylor killed by lying cops

There's so much worse that has happened lately than this case. Or any of your other favorite cases.

Blog Entries

Don’t feed the troll

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Don’t feed the troll
    Beat me to it! Was just gonna post the exact same thing!

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk