Page 1 of 44 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breonna Taylor

Breonna Taylor

Thank you all for those who are commenting on the Ahmaud Arbery post. Aside from a little name-calling, I really appreciate everyone who laid down logical arguments and brought a lot of good sources in order to find what will work in court in order to get justice.

I wanted to bring this new case, where again seemingly a black couple gets shot while a woman gets killed from unnecessary use of force. The facts of the case will continue to come out, but even on face value, this story continues to prove that the policing system in our country is broken in several ways.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ce/5189743002/

Re: Breonna Taylor

Also, can someone explain why plain clothes raids exist? Especially without body cams?

All i can say is this is sad as shit. Ive been part of a raid tht had nothing to do with me and it is scary as shit. Had a shotgun in my face. Luckily i didnt end up like this.

Nothing happened to the cops that destroyed my house, i was just left to clean it up afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Thank you all for those who are commenting on the Ahmaud Arbery post. Aside from a little name-calling, I really appreciate everyone who laid down logical arguments and brought a lot of good sources in order to find what will work in court in order to get justice.

I wanted to bring this new case, where again seemingly a black couple gets shot while a woman gets killed from unnecessary use of force. The facts of the case will continue to come out, but even on face value, this story continues to prove that the policing system in our country is broken in several ways.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ce/5189743002/
    If I shoot a cop who was legally serving a warrant, they'd open fire on me too.

https://www.wtae.com/article/shaler-...ting/28625858#

https://nbc16.com/news/local/officer...in-grants-pass

Plain clothes raids are so suspects can't destroy evidence.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    If I shoot a cop who was legally serving a warrant, they'd open fire on me too.

https://www.wtae.com/article/shaler-...ting/28625858#

https://nbc16.com/news/local/officer...in-grants-pass

Plain clothes raids are so suspects can't destroy evidence.
    I understand that, but what are you supposed to think if 3 guys bust through your front door without saying who they are, while in plain clothes, and no body cam? Wouldnt you shoot as well? At what point can we say that the civilian feared for his life? There's no way IMO that you could charge the man for shooting cops when they never even said they were cops and did a no-knock entry.

I understand that, but what are you supposed to think if 3 guys bust through your front door without saying who they are, while in plain clothes, and no body cam? Wouldnt you shoot as well? At what point can we say that the civilian feared for his life? There's no way IMO that you could charge the man for shooting cops when they never even said they were cops and did a no-knock entry.
    We had two different people in the Arbery thread say that they would use lethal force to take down anyone that would hurt their friends and family. I have to believe in this situation, where an unknown suspect is breaking into their house, they would defend themselves against police that had the wrong address.

I understand. I would do the same thing. Luckily i was asleep when the police broke my door in and i didnt have time to "defend" myself. It was a misunderstanding between "road" vs. "street". There is a good chance if i would have defended myself against the unknown intruder i would be dead.

Police are allowed to enter using a no-knock warrant if, "...if there is a reasonable suspicion that knocking would be dangerous, futile or inhibit the 'effective investigation of the crime, according to Louisville Metro Police policies". Police believed that Taylor's home was used to store drugs and cash for a drug runner they had already arrested. They apparently had enough evidence to convince the judge that signed the warrant. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ce/5189743002/

The police said they identified themselves in the article you posted. "Even with the no-knock warrant, Louisville police have said they identified themselves before using a battering ram to enter Taylor's residence."

They showed up at the home in plain clothes because, again this is a quote from the article you posted, "...these drug traffickers have a history of attempting to destroy evidence, have cameras on the location that compromise detectives once an approach to the dwelling is made, and have a history of fleeing from law enforcement."

The police followed up on a warrant that had been signed. Unless you're going to post some asinine conspiracy theory that the cops who went to the judge, and the judge who signed it, for some inexplicable reason wanted Taylor killed and this was some cockamamie plot to get it done legally, then you've got nothing. The cops legally entered the house and were fired upon by suspects, resulting in one officer being injured. The police fired back, striking and killing the owner of the house they were legally searching.

You're just looking for crap to be offended by.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

8. Re: Breonna Taylor

In this case and many others, I think you should look at the system and the laws as written. It at least, for now, seems like the cops followed the law. Perhaps, if that is what indeed happened, it's the law in and of itself that might need to be looked at. Do I personally agree w/it? Not at all. Should there be "no-knock" warrants? To me, almost exclusively, no. Yes, I know all the reasons why they have them and don't need to be reminded. It's bullshit. My number one reason is because of what happened here. There are home invasions all the time, especially in high crime areas. We all know that. Having police be able to do essentially the same thing (albeit w/a warrant) is tantamount to the same thing. A home invasion. It's a recipe for disaster. Also, if in fact the cops claim they identified themselves, why did they go to the trouble of getting that type of warrant, then? Regardless, I go back to the law. It is all that does and will matter. Work to change the laws. It's the only way. As for the lack of body cameras, why? If you're going to do a raid like this, no-knock, etc., where it's a pretty good possibility that someone can or will get shot, etc., why not have cameras? Again, they most likely did it all legal. But sometimes a bit of good old common sense can at least work to alleviate some of this happening.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    In this case and many others, I think you should look at the system and the laws as written. It at least, for now, seems like the cops followed the law. Perhaps, if that is what indeed happened, it's the law in and of itself that might need to be looked at. Do I personally agree w/it? Not at all. Should there be "no-knock" warrants? To me, almost exclusively, no. Yes, I know all the reasons why they have them and don't need to be reminded. It's bullshit. My number one reason is because of what happened here. There are home invasions all the time, especially in high crime areas. We all know that. Having police be able to do essentially the same thing (albeit w/a warrant) is tantamount to the same thing. A home invasion. It's a recipe for disaster. Also, if in fact the cops claim they identified themselves, why did they go to the trouble of getting that type of warrant, then? Regardless, I go back to the law. It is all that does and will matter. Work to change the laws. It's the only way. As for the lack of body cameras, why? If you're going to do a raid like this, no-knock, etc., where it's a pretty good possibility that someone can or will get shot, etc., why not have cameras? Again, they most likely did it all legal. But sometimes a bit of good old common sense can at least work to alleviate some of this happening.
    I agree with most everything here. The one thing to clarify is I think they get a no knock warrant and wear plain clothes to not tip off the suspects, but announce themselves one inside so the people don’t shoot. That said, are we to believe that criminals won’t do home invasions and never scream “police, hands up”....?

10. Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I agree with most everything here. The one thing to clarify is I think they get a no knock warrant and wear plain clothes to not tip off the suspects, but announce themselves one inside so the people don’t shoot. That said, are we to believe that criminals won’t do home invasions and never scream “police, hands up”....?
    I get that. There are other ways to combat drug trafficking w/out busting down peoples' doors in the middle of the night and having lead fly. What types of drugs were found? All this for.......nothing.

I get that. There are other ways to combat drug trafficking w/out busting down peoples' doors in the middle of the night and having lead fly. What types of drugs were found? All this for.......nothing.
    Exactly my point here. Looking at this from the civilians perspective, there were multiple witnesses that all claimed that they didn't identify themselves and the main "suspect" knew there was nothing illegal in his house, so it makes no sense as to why he should be charged. I think he definitely could say he feared for his life.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Another point is this....if you as the cops have actionable real intel that the woman was essentially running a trap house, would she not be at the house running the operation? In other words, she worked as an EMT, and they knew that. Why was it not possible that they could've executed a more orderly and peaceful arrest while she was on the job? To my knowledge, EMT's don't carry guns, and so they easily could've arrested her while on the clock instead of when she was sleeping.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk