Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Breonna Taylor

1. Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    I'm sure that Taylor's lawyer would challenge this... whether it was true or not.

Particularly if ballistics could not confirm it. (which is not unusual)

I'm not sure that would lead me to consider it any more or less likely that the bullet came from the boyfriend's gun.

(fair disclosure: I don't believe that the boyfriend committed a crime regardless of the answer to that question)

I dont disagree with you. The attorney also said they have 12 witnesses who stated the police did not identify themselves before entry and wanted to know if they were presented to the Grand Jury.. I dont know if any of those statements were made under oath or to the Grand Jury. We saw how eye witness accounts of Brown having his hands up changed when they had to be made under oath.

My main point was this whole affair has become a total cluster.

Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    As do all things I think, when there are secondary and tertiary agendas at play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    I dont disagree with you. The attorney also said they have 12 witnesses who stated the police did not identify themselves before entry and wanted to know if they were presented to the Grand Jury.. I dont know if any of those statements were made under oath or to the Grand Jury. We saw how eye witness accounts of Brown having his hands up changed when they had to be made under oath.

Unless the witnesses saw the cops enter and we’re there to say they didn’t announce themselves, then “not hearing” the police not say something isn’t evidence of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    The body cam channel. Sell commercials to pay down the debt. I guarantee you people would watch that sh** religiously.
    The new real pd

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    And you're not taking into account the adjusted poverty rate. 42k in Cullman county is better than 60k in Baltimore.

" Poverty rates in states where housing costs are relatively low decline, as would be expected. For example, the poverty rate drops in Alabama from 14.8 to 10.2 percent, and in Mississippi from 16.8 to12.8 percent. Conversely, in states with high housing costs, poverty rates rise considerably. The California rate risesfrom 13.1 to 18.4 percent and the New York rate from 14.1 to 18 percent." https://www.irp.wisc.edu/publication...fs/foc233f.pdf

Wanna try again with actual evidence to support your claims, or do we get another anecdote about your grandfather in the coal mines? My granddad was a moonshiner; doesn't mean I know anything about brewing beer.
    You should try it. It's fun, and pretty easy to make some flavorful stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Charges against breonna’s boyfriend have been dropped
    I did see something that the state attorney said it was possible they would refile them, but wasn't sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    You should try it. It's fun, and pretty easy to make some flavorful stuff.

Agreed on it being tasty. Our center back in college use to brew his own beer and pretty darned often he'd bring me a gallon of green beer to our parties. Probably why I'm such a fan of lagers now.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Unless the witnesses saw the cops enter and we’re there to say they didn’t announce themselves, then “not hearing” the police not say something isn’t evidence of anything.
    There's only one witness who said he heard the cops yell "Police," and he didn't come up with that in his first interview. He didn't say he heard the cops announce themselves until two months later.

Further, it was an apartment building. These twelve heard the gunfire, but didn't hear anyone yell "police." It certainly is evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    There's only one witness who said he heard the cops yell "Police," and he didn't come up with that in his first interview. He didn't say he heard the cops announce themselves until two months later.

Further, it was an apartment building. These twelve heard the gunfire, but didn't hear anyone yell "police." It certainly is evidence.
    Given that the warrant authorizing the raid was a no-knock warrant, the police were not legally obligated to announce their presence.

We can argue whether no-knock warrants should be issued.. and should. (no-knock warrants are wrongful instruments and contrary to the values of a free republic).

10. Re: Breonna Taylor

Given that the warrant authorizing the raid was a no-knock warrant, the police were not legally obligated to announce their presence.

We can argue whether no-knock warrants should be issued.. and should. (no-knock warrants are wrongful instruments and contrary to the values of a free republic).
    I dont think that is quite true. It is my understanding that upon breaking down the door police are required to announce themselves as police specifically to preclude things like the boyfriend shooting in what he thought was defense of his property.

I'm not positive a no knock means you dont have to announce yourselves before entry but you do right after entry.

12. Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post

Of course, it was a bit after midnight. Make of that what you will, but it is pertinent to the discussion.