Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Breonna Taylor

Blog Entries

Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    But it is racism because the upper is one race and most of the lower is another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ....WHAT....?!

2. Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    No it’s not racist. Commit a greater portion of crime get greater portion of police attention.
    Because I am black I deserve a greater portion of police attention?

Because I grew up in the inner city. I’ve witnessed cops drive by me and my white friends and stop and harass a small group of black kids. I’ve dealt first hand with politicians who will freely admit to blatant racism. I e seen my black associates get turned down for loans and other things when a white dude with the same credit/income gets a loan. It happens man. I’ve laid witness to some of the most poor and destitute Americans you could imagine. You think the playing field is level and that’s what They want you to think. It’s far from level my man. Far. The deck it stacked. And it’s stacked against the average American. It’s really stacked against poor Black Americans.

Cruze through a public school in Baltimore , Philly, Harlem , Detroit. Spend 8 hrs in one. Then tell me you don’t wanna burn that place to the ground. Tell me you don’t leave there feeling hopeless.

It’s not a Right or Left thing ....it’s a Right or Wrong thing. And most of what goes down in this country is Wrong. You’re a Devote Christian, volunteer to go to some Missions in Mississippi, South Alabama ,Louisiana. Then slide on up through Appalachia. Like in Tennessee , Kentucky , West Virginia. Tell those people are on equal ground with us, let alone the 1%.

This is my experience too. So many times I would watch others get stopped by the cops and questioned. I thought perhaps it was classism.... but when you meet colleagues in other cities and IF they are driving, then they get stopped but if I am driving, no stops.
    IF I am in a group, the non-whites nearly always had their details taken and few if any of the whites had their details taken.
    Its what inner city kids see growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    I’m saying blacks as a whole get more police attention because blacks as a whole commit more crime. I know we are currently in a time where, you know harsh facts are frowned upon, and it’s like white silence is violence. But if the black community as a whole wants less police attention, then the black community SS a whole should commit less crime. It will be a whole lot more effective for society than just ignoring crime

Blog Entries

6. Re: Breonna Taylor

But it is racism because the upper is one race and most of the lower is another.

Is that you Joe? Joe Biden? Is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Be honest.. didn't you just want to see him crack the laser guy and the lighter guy right over the skull.?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Be honest.. didn't you just want to see him crack the laser guy and the lighter guy right over the skull.?

Blog Entries

Deserves got nothing to do with it.

Grow up.

10. Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Deserves got nothing to do with it.

Grow up.
    You just said if blacks commit most crimes than blacks deserve a greater portion of police attention. I am black so I deserve a greater portion of police attention.

You just said if blacks commit most crimes than blacks deserve a greater portion of police attention. I am black so I deserve a greater portion of police attention.
    Are you trying to make a serious argument for the idea that the Police should pay attention to individuals in proportion to their racial demographic representation, rather than the proportion to which they commit crimes?

Cuz that's the kinda thing that makes me picture you wearing a helmet and drooling on your keyboard.

12. Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Are you trying to make a serious argument for the idea that the Police should pay attention to individuals in proportion to their racial demographic representation, rather than the proportion to which they commit crimes?

Cuz that's the kinda thing that makes me picture you wearing a helmet and drooling on your keyboard.
    What I am trying to tell you that just like all police aren't bad all black people aren't bad. With your premise its ok for me to be afraid when I see a police because oh shoot I am about to be policed really hard because people that look like me commit a disproportionate amount of crime. AND I AM SUPPOSED TO BE OK WITH THAT.