Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Breonna Taylor

Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    It would however, be much more effective if it was what they thought it was.
    Disagree.
    IF people were protesting about No Knock Laws and Qualified Immunity; not enough people would be incensed enough to turn up. Racism gets people’s blood boiling... so they protest.

Now a thinking politician (oxymoron), would actually take up the issue and get it sorted. There probably aren’t any votes in it.... so perhaps nothing will get done.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Kenneth Walker wasn't being investigated for drug dealing. He had a concealed-carry permit for the firearm, which isn't even necessary in Kentucky anymore to carry concealed. He called 911 after Taylor had been shot because he still didn't know it was police invading his home.

The rightwing bubble is full of misinformation about this case in a disgusting effort to defend the police state.

Correcting the misinformation about Breonna Taylor
    Thanks bacchys.
    Good read.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No Knock Warrants should def go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This keeps getting repeated, even after there were lots of posts clarifying what happened, yet they didn’t serve it as a no knock warrant. They knocked and announced themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    The laws around this situation are the issue. It’s not about Black or White.... there are major changes needed to the law to stop the initial warrant being issued.

People are protesting and I think they should be. BUT they should be protesting because she is black. They should be protesting because the law is wrong.

Rioting is wrong. I don’t support it.
    People are protesting because the media and the left told them this was racism. And those that are protesting, are just ignorant to the facts. The left and the media, know that protestors are too lazy to research on their own.

This is a media and liberalism issue. Not a racial or cop issue.

The more you deny that, the more ignorant you appear

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    This keeps getting repeated, even after there were lots of posts clarifying what happened, yet they didn’t serve it as a no knock warrant. They knocked and announced themselves.
    Both things can be true.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Kenneth Walker wasn't being investigated for drug dealing. He had a concealed-carry permit for the firearm, which isn't even necessary in Kentucky anymore to carry concealed. He called 911 after Taylor had been shot because he still didn't know it was police invading his home.

The rightwing bubble is full of misinformation about this case in a disgusting effort to defend the police state. You don't think there is a "left wing bubble" going on here and propping this entire thing up as well, lol.

Right wing bubble, lol. Maybe if the facts were discussed plainy and objectively people would understand what happened here a little better.

My understanding, which I've had to piece together, is Walker was the new boyfriend and a legal gun owner and thought it was the ex-boyfriend. I have no problem with him or what he did and personally don't think he should have been charged. It appears he shot a cop by accident. Amber Guyger mistakenly shot a guy by accident and she's in jail. Mohammed Noor mistakenly shot a woman by accident and he's in jail. It happens man.

This incident wasn't the result of profiling, detectives that put this together had enough evidence that they actually got a warrant. No police fired until being fired upon and one of them was hit. Can we agree on what I have said so far? Do you really think it's unreasonable for police to return fire in that situation? I don't.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 09-25-2020 at 09:06 AM.

The rightwing bubble is full of misinformation about this case in a disgusting effort to defend the police state.

It wasn't his home. If he was just staying with her or wherever he stays, does he always have a gun in close contact .? I can't believe the Post. It took until his 3rd interview to admit, yeah, the police did announce. Also now he says he believed it could have been the ex boyfriend looking for the money. Hmmm, so he knew of the money.? As the story said, reporters asked the neighbors if they heard the police. Finally one said they did. Finally Walker said he did. Memory lapses huh.

8. Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Read Bacchys post. There was one person who after saying on 2 different occasion that he never heard anyone announce themselves came back a third time that they did hear an announcement.

9. Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    People are protesting because the media and the left told them this was racism. And those that are protesting, are just ignorant to the facts. The left and the media, know that protestors are too lazy to research on their own.

This is a media and liberalism issue. Not a racial or cop issue.

The more you deny that, the more ignorant you appear
    This is very much a policing issue and its blasphemous how someone can lose their life and people want to shrug it off as oh well. The police did a ton of things wrong in this situation and someone is dead because police didn't follow their own protocol. When you do things wrong and someone dies you can't just call it an unfortunate incident. You have to do everything in your power to ensure that nothing like this ever happens again. If you take the oh well it was an unfortunate incident approach there will be another Breonna Taylor. Those who blatantly disregarded policies and procedures which turns into someone losing their life should absolutely be held accountable

10. Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    It wasn't his home. If he was just staying with her or wherever he stays, does he always have a gun in close contact .? I can't believe the Post. It took until his 3rd interview to admit, yeah, the police did announce. Also now he says he believed it could have been the ex boyfriend looking for the money. Hmmm, so he knew of the money.? As the story said, reporters asked the neighbors if they heard the police. Finally one said they did. Finally Walker said he did. Memory lapses huh.
    He said he feared it was the ex boyfriend or his associates. He never said anything about money he however said he knew that the ex didn't like that fact that Taylor was seeing him and after not hearing the announcement thought they were trying to harm him or Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    This is very much a policing issue and its blasphemous how someone can lose their life and people want to shrug it off as oh well. The police did a ton of things wrong in this situation and someone is dead because police didn't follow their own protocol. When you do things wrong and someone dies you can't just call it an unfortunate incident. You have to do everything in your power to ensure that nothing like this ever happens again. If you take the oh well it was an unfortunate incident approach there will be another Breonna Taylor. Those who blatantly disregarded policies and procedures which turns into someone losing their life should absolutely be held accountable
    I don't think people want to do that. They don't want to make it a black vs white racism issue.

This is a pretty good example how citizens with guns complicate the jobs of LEO. I know you had trouble with Kyle Rittenhouse, another citizen with a gun who thought he was protecting himself. Our second amendment rights can create problems sometimes. This is one of them. Like Walker, Rittenhouse was charged.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I don't think people want to do that. They don't want to make it a black vs white racism issue.

This is a pretty good example how citizens with guns complicate the jobs of LEO. I know you had trouble with Kyle Rittenhouse, another citizen with a gun who thought he was protecting himself. Our second amendment rights can create problems sometimes. This is one of them. Like Walker, Rittenhouse was charged.
    Yes and no. The boyfriend here was “defending his castle” and Rittenhouse had some “Patriot delusion “. 2nd amendment applies to both but defending where you and a “loved one” are sleeping is different than acting as a private security guard in an open space.

As a gun owner ...if you break in my house in the middle of the night ...you’ll prob still be there in the am when the coroner shows up. But I would never take any of my weapons into a town , in public , and “stand guard” like I was some sort of Security Detail.

I have a right to defend my home and myself. No where does it say I have a right to protect John Q. Public with my firearms. That is the job of the Police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk