Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Raven games you attended

Seeing Lamar and the gang start the demise of the Patroit dynasty was my favorite game. Sunday Night football and thevhouse was rocking. To see BB losing in the sidelines was beautiful. And to think that was supposed ti be the greatest defense ever.

Lots of good and bad memories.

Good.
    Denver playoff won at home
    Ed reed pick six vs Cleveland 105 yds
    Ed reed pick six vs eagles. Maybe 106 yds
    Denver Monday night game when cMac returned the missed fg for a Ted

Bad

Winning by three tds as the 4th qtr started, only to lose to cin
    The loss to cinn on the last play of the game (tipped Hail Mary)
    The santonio homes Td catch where we all though he didn’t get back into the end zone Sunday night game

I left the Seattle game early, where the Ravens came back from maybe three tds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Ed reed pick six vs Cleveland 105 yds
    Ed reed pick six vs eagles. Maybe 106 yds
    It was 106 and 107. I remember at the first one, in 2004, all I could think was "wtf are you doing bringing the ball out from that deep you idiot!" By 2008, I had seen the light, and as soon as Ed stepped in front of that pass all I was thinking was "Go Ed go!"

Very kind of him to have both of those be at The Bank where we could enjoy them! Good memories.
    "Chin up, chest out."

4. Re: Raven games you attended

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    It was 106 and 107. I remember at the first one, in 2004, all I could think was "wtf are you doing bringing the ball out from that deep you idiot!" By 2008, I had seen the light, and as soon as Ed stepped in front of that pass all I was thinking was "Go Ed go!"

Very kind of him to have both of those be at The Bank where we could enjoy them! Good memories.
    They were also at very different points in the game. Against Cleveland in '04, the game was effectively over as soon as he caught it; the TD was completely unnecessary (and probably very, very slightly negative in terms of win probability). The 108 vs Philly in '08 broke the game open. Kolb had marched the Eagles 69 yards to the Ravens 1 in 9 plays, but instead of the Eagles pulling within a score, Reed gave the Ravens an insurmountable 3 score lead, even with half the 4th quarter remaining.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Raven games you attended

I’ve been to two Ravens games:

1) a meaningless Ravens-Dolphins finale in 2004, with no Ray Lewis. Nose bleed seats.

2) A doozy. 2013 Vikings. 5 tds in final two minutes. Blizzard and I was drunk off my rocker. We win at the end and it was pandemonium. I even wrestled 20 other fans and came away with Blair Walsh’s extra point in the end zone stands. Of course, I had to give the ball back. Honestly I’m lucky I didn’t get detained that day. But so much fun.

I can’t wait for my next game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 1998 - Jim Harbs leads Ravens to victory vs Peyton Manning and the Colts- Johnny U gets the game ball!

August 1998 - Ravens vs Steelers first game at M&T. Priest Holmes breaks has clear shot at winning TD, but stumbles and the Steelers go on to win!

September 1999 - Ravens opening day in St Louis. A back up QB named Kurt Warner leads the Rams to victory!

November 2006 - McNair leads the Ravens to victory in a nail biter in Tennessee vs his former team.

January 2010 - Ravens defeat KC in FREEZING cold playoff game in KC.

Been to a few more, but those are the highlights for me! Living in TN, then moving to KC has limited my options.

Games from Recent Memory
    Wins:
    Ravens dolphins 2016 where Joe went off and Breshad looked like a stud (lol)
    Ravens Rams Preseason game before 2018 season (that Lamar juke Rush TD was amazing)

Losses:
    Cincy choke job to Andy Dalton in 2017

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Jacksonville here in 2000. Sharpe catches the game-winner with like 43 seconds left in what was a back and forth high-scoring game (unusual for us in 2000) and we win 39-36.

That game was when the Ravens went from a loser organization to a winning one. And this turn-around I credit to Billick. As a coach maybe he was average in Xs and Os, but his cocky attitude was the gas that made it happen.