Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Re: This is a seriously good team.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Meh. Bowser is JAG at this point. Could he improve a la Paul Kruger? Sure.
    I can understand where you're coming from. He has never put up a great season in his career, and at some point the production just has to be there. That said, I'm still a believer of his though. I just think his best fit is as a 4-3 SAM, and if he goes to the right team after this he will show why he was a second round pick. We all have those players we stick with, and keep hopes alive for, for whatever reason haha.

Blog Entries

prev...
    Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    ... Should they have run the ball more? You could say they and no one would disagree. However you can't be exclusively a run team because teams would just load the box. I suspect Tennessee did just that (load the box) which dictated pass the ball and the TOs happened. It happens in sports some times it just isnt your day and that day wasn't the Ravens day.

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    Good teams will make you load the box and then beat you with the pass. I'm not saying they should have completely abandoned the run either.
    Yes, I agree. When a defense wants to stop the run the load the box. And yes, good teams can take advantage of a loaded box and pass on it. BUT my point is that good running teams can also run the ball against a loaded box. Or loading the box shouldn't stop good running teams from running the ball.

What's great about this upcoming Ravens team is that, there really is not a single position that is void of talent. You could probably also argue that we have depth of talent at that for most. That doesn't mean there aren't question marks (injury, lack of experience/rookies/etc.), but how many other teams can say that? Probably none.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Meh. Bowser is JAG at this point. Could he improve a la Paul Kruger? Sure.
    He's better than a JAG. And it will be interesting to see what happens when (if) he gets more snaps. He played almost exactly half the snaps Judon did last year, and had 5 sacks to Judon's 9.5.

No idea how they were each used situationally, but Bowser did more than just rush the passer. In fact he had two PDs while Judon had none. Judon had 33 QBH to Bowser's 10 though, and the number stats certainly don't tell the whole story. But I think Bowser can produce at Judon level if he is given a Judon-level workload.

**For the record, I consider "Judon level" to be good, not great.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

I can't wait for the season to start.

Please. Let there be football.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Hey Culex how are ya friend?
    Can't complain, and thee?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    He's better than a JAG. And it will be interesting to see what happens when (if) he gets more snaps. He played almost exactly half the snaps Judon did last year, and had 5 sacks to Judon's 9.5.

No idea how they were each used situationally, but Bowser did more than just rush the passer. In fact he had two PDs while Judon had none. Judon had 33 QBH to Bowser's 10 though, and the number stats certainly don't tell the whole story. But I think Bowser can produce at Judon level if he is given a Judon-level workload.

**For the record, I consider "Judon level" to be good, not great.
    Hot, I agree. camdenyard, to me it's not that Bowser did not live up to his 2nd round status. I acknowledge that, but does he bring enough to the Ravens defensive table to be a 2020 contributor. I say yes, as our team fills the roster with competent players. From recent Ozzie to DeCosta and Co. our team has filled starting, back-up, and depth positions in an impressive manner. IMO Bowser may pleasantly surprise us... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by G54377 View Post
    What's great about this upcoming Ravens team is that, there really is not a single position that is void of talent. You could probably also argue that we have depth of talent at that for most. That doesn't mean there aren't question marks (injury, lack of experience/rookies/etc.), but how many other teams can say that? Probably none.
    Man I know people are excited for the team but come on, no positions that we don’t have talent?! What do you deem as talent or your definition?

If we have talent at OLB and iOL, then I guess every single NFL team and some college teams have the exact same “talent” that we have.

Also, if they are question marks, then we have no clue if there’s talent there. Every NFL team can go through their lineups and say “if they aren’t good but it’s a question mark for this year”.

Let’s just put down the purple drank and admit that we have a stacked team but those two positions are not good right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Man I know people are excited for the team but come on, no positions that we don’t have talent?! What do you deem as talent or your definition?

If we have talent at OLB and iOL, then I guess every single NFL team and some college teams have the exact same “talent” that we have.

Also, if they are question marks, then we have no clue if there’s talent there. Every NFL team can go through their lineups and say “if they aren’t good but it’s a question mark for this year”.

Let’s just put down the purple drank and admit that we have a stacked team but those two positions are not good right now.
    You could perhaps make the argument at OLB and iOL, but that's probably it. With that, Judon did make the pro bowl. Even if the accolades aren't there, Skura and Bozeman played pretty well. I think there are a lot of teams that wish they could say they had the collection of guys we have on the interior, even if perhaps none of them individually are great (yet). And I realize that sort of goes against what I just said about talent lol.

Quote Originally Posted by G54377 View Post
    And I realize that sort of goes against what I just said about talent lol.
    I think what you meant is, at every position group we either have established strong performers, or we have a promising infusion of young talent. (Or both, like RB.)

The three "most questionable" position groups all meet those criteria:

OLB: Judon is a Pro Bowler. McPhee plays at a high level when healthy. Sack Daddy is in year 2.
    iOL: Drafted a ton of mid-round guys this year & last, plus have Bozeman & the new guy from Seattle.
    WR: Three top-3 draft picks from the last two drafts; all of them can fly and have hands.

So to the extent that there are questions, we have a reasonable expectation of finding answers. And those are the MOST questionable position groups.

Which is not the same as saying we're definitely going to be great everywhere. Judon & McPhee could fall of a cliff while Sack Daddy fails to thrive. The injury bug could turn any position group into a hospital ward. Anything can happen. But we have decent options across the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I think what you meant is, at every position group we either have established strong performers, or we have a promising infusion of young talent. (Or both, like RB.)

The three "most questionable" position groups all meet those criteria:

OLB: Judon is a Pro Bowler. McPhee plays at a high level when healthy. Sack Daddy is in year 2.
    iOL: Drafted a ton of mid-round guys this year & last, plus have Bozeman & the new guy from Seattle.
    WR: Three top-3 draft picks from the last two drafts; all of them can fly and have hands.

So to the extent that there are questions, we have a reasonable expectation of finding answers. And those are the MOST questionable position groups.

Which is not the same as saying we're definitely going to be great everywhere. Judon & McPhee could fall of a cliff while Sack Daddy fails to thrive. The injury bug could turn any position group into a hospital ward. Anything can happen. But we have decent options across the roster.

Yes thanks, what I was trying to say ^^^

Blog Entries

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-roster-...t-jaguars-last

2020 NFL roster rankings for all 32 teams: Ravens are first, and Jaguars are last

1. Baltimore Ravens

Biggest strength: The Ravens' rushing attack was so good in 2019 that they were the most efficient offense in the NFL according to expected points added (EPA) per play while running the ball at a higher rate than any other offense. In the modern NFL, that just isn't supposed to happen. Lamar Jackson‘s unique skill set as both a runner and passer is what makes that possible. His 47 carries with 5 or more yards before contact was eight more than any other runner in 2019, and his 42 missed tackles forced was over double the next-closest quarterback. Simply getting a hand on Jackson is easier said than done.

Biggest weakness: Despite how well the offensive line played in 2019, the interior offensive line stands out as one of the Ravens' biggest weaknesses heading into the 2020 season. Marshal Yanda‘s retirement after 13 consecutive seasons with a PFF grade of 80.0 or higher leaves a battle between unproven options at right guard. Meanwhile, Bradley Bozeman and Matt Skura hold tenuous claims to the left guard and center positions, respectively. Outside of Ronnie Stanley and Orlando Brown Jr. at tackle, there are questions about this group this season.

X factor for 2020: Baltimore's addition of Calais Campbell is one of the biggest moves this offseason that has flown under the radar for some reason. He has picked up overall grades of 90.0 or higher in each of the past four seasons, dominating against the run and consistently bringing pressure at an above-average rate whether lined up on the inside or on the edge. Bringing one of the better defensive linemen in the NFL into the fold is only going to make what was a strong defense last season even better.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said