Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 303132

Thread: Earl Thomas

Re: Earl Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Probably only a play or two here or there during the course of a game. And it's not like a few or those plays would ever make or break your whole season, amirite?
    That 1 int that is a game sealer, or one pass break-up on a 3rd down conversion try? Those are game changing plays, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Call me when they get to 14 wins, a Playoff Win, and a victory in the Playoffs with Lamar Jackson. Till then....
    When Unitas was as old as Lamar Jackson is right now, he had not yet played in a single nfl regular season game.

Be careful not to hurt yourself cheering.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Whether fair or not, winning the big game is a huge part of a QB's legacy. Obviously Lamar is a better QB than someone like Dilfer, and their talent levels are so dissimilar that there's no way the comparison should be made. When talent levels are similar though arguments are won by number of championships. Elway is better than Marino. Montana is better than Young. Unitas is the best ever. Payton Manning still has questions about choking since his play in big games is, frankly, terrible. Jim Kelly isn't listed among the greatest of all time.

Lamar needs to win in the postseason to cement his legacy. Given his accuracy and ability to read a defense, they'll come. At this moment there are still questions.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Your penultimate sentence clashes with your last sentence.

What is the point of hashing out the shortcomings in the legacy of a 23 year old?

Not easy to satisfy the haughty class.

(AFCCG, January 2013)

One of our YouTube fan favorite, Edgar dropped a ET video.

https://youtu.be/m18Q5XbWHtY

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    One of our YouTube fan favorite, Edgar dropped a ET video.

https://youtu.be/m18Q5XbWHtY
    Great video

I love Edgar Allen man. Beyond the obvious value his videos provide the complete lack of production value is so wholesome to me. You either have the players name floating on screen for about two seconds before he immediately starts breaking down film, or he’s immediately breaking down film the moment you click play as it was with this one lol. Dude doesn’t care about anything besides providing good content.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Great video

I love Edgar Allen man. Beyond the obvious value his videos provide the complete lack of production value is so wholesome to me. You either have the players name floating on screen for about two seconds before he immediately starts breaking down film, or he’s immediately breaking down film the moment you click play as it was with this one lol. Dude doesn’t care about anything besides providing good content.
    And writing his music... such a. Genuine nice guy you can hear in his tone. He is out to share what he can with whomever wants to spare some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Great video

Really is. I recall a similar video of the 40 point loss to the Browns - don't remember if it was by Edgar Allen - showing Chubb breaking free down the far sideline for a 30-40 yard run. Thomas was playing deep on the play and raced from the middle of the field to tackle Chubb near the sideline. He took exactly the right angle, saving a touchdown.

Some people really like to cherry pick bad plays on Thomas, but he really is still a very good safety. The cast in front of him has just improved a lot, and there is every reason to expect high level play from him. He has been in Baltimore one year and some people have decided he is only in it for the money. But he has played at a high level for his whole career.

Unitas was a fierce loner who also got divorced while still a Colt (IIANM). Nobody ever, ever accused Unitas of being in it for himself and not the team. Thomas had high praise for Chuck Clark last preseason when he didn't have to.

The Ravens should stand by Thomas and be very glad they have him.

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Really is. I recall a similar video of the 40 point loss to the Browns - don't remember if it was by Edgar Allen - showing Chubb breaking free down the far sideline for a 30-40 yard run. Thomas was playing deep on the play and raced from the middle of the field to tackle Chubb near the sideline. He took exactly the right angle, saving a touchdown.

Some people really like to cherry pick bad plays on Thomas, but he really is still a very good safety. The cast in front of him has just improved a lot, and there is every reason to expect high level play from him. He has been in Baltimore one year and some people have decided he is only in it for the money. But he has played at a high level for his whole career.

Unitas was a fierce loner who also got divorced while still a Colt (IIANM). Nobody ever, ever accused Unitas of being in it for himself and not the team. Thomas had high praise for Chuck Clark last preseason when he didn't have to.

The Ravens should stand by Thomas and be very glad they have him.
    There are so many NFL All Time Greats who would never have achieved that status if they had to live with the social media and 24 hour news cycle that guys do now. Pretty sure the Giants would have had to cut Lawrence Taylor. Not only are there lives under a microscope, but as many have pointed out, their worst plays can get sliced and diced into memes and twitter feeds that take on a life of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    There are so many NFL All Time Greats who would never have achieved that status if they had to live with the social media and 24 hour news cycle that guys do now. Pretty sure the Giants would have had to cut Lawrence Taylor. Not only are there lives under a microscope, but as many have pointed out, their worst plays can get sliced and diced into memes and twitter feeds that take on a life of their own.
    Could you imagine if Jim Tyrer's story came out today?

It'd be like the Chris Benoit story on ste... in overdrive. Because it'd be an All Pro NFL player instead of a wrastling guy. And you'd better believe the CTE people would be in on it.

Actually it'd be more like the Junior Seau story except Seau didn't murder his wife first.