Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 121314

Re: NFL Schedule release tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever View Post
    On paper it may seem like a cakewalk, but as we know you cannot go by last years record, some of these teams on the schedule may have a great turn around season.

Nobody picked the Ravens to finish 14-2 last year, most on this board were predicting 8-8, 9-7, 10-6, few had them beyond 10 wins.
    There could be some serious swings for teams on the Ravens schedule, yeah.

The Browns, if they ever get their act together they have division-winning talent. Look up and down their Lineup and they've got serious talent everywhere except maybe LB. Week 1 is one of the 2-3 most important games of the season for the Ravens, they need to win that.

I can see the Texans having a meteoric fall this season. The Hopkins trade alone makes them a worse team. Several of their most talented players are former busts and castoffs from other teams. And Bill O' Brien has ensured the locker room will be in turmoil.

Everybody hates Dave Gettelman and he's made some curious moves, but for the most part they've worked out and the Giants are quietly on the rise. Look at how much better their OL looks especially after the additions of Andrew Thomas and Matt Peart. And positional value bedamned, Saquan Barkley and Dexter Lawrence are ballin'.

The Eagles' selection of Jalen Hurts is going to blow up in their face. Either Carson Wentz plays great and is going to render the pick useless, or he falters and the QB controversy begins. And tell me with a straight face there won't be a racial element in Philadelphia.

The Colts have a ton of talent on the team and may finally have a QB to lead them. Philip Rivers is old, but he's still Philip Rivers. Jonathan Taylor has a shot at OROY behind that offensive line. And DeForest Buckner, period. They're currently my pick to win the AFC South and a road game at Indy can absolutely be an L.

And then there's the Patriots. No matter which way you slice it, they're worse with Jarrett Stidham at QB. Plus they lost a lot of defensive pieces. Could they seriously tank for Trevor Lawrence? I really can't imagine the Hoodie would do that. And you know they'll be better prepared post-COVID than other teams. Still, the question lingers.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    The Colts have a ton of talent on the team and may finally have a QB to lead them. Philip Rivers is old, but he's still Philip Rivers. Jonathan Taylor has a shot at OROY behind that offensive line. And DeForest Buckner, period. They're currently my pick to win the AFC South and a road game at Indy can absolutely be an L.

And then there's the Patriots. No matter which way you slice it, they're worse with Jarrett Stidham at QB. Plus they lost a lot of defensive pieces. Could they seriously tank for Trevor Lawrence? I really can't imagine the Hoodie would do that. And you know they'll be better prepared post-COVID than other teams.
    I don't get the skepticism about them. Does everyone forget how Belichick & Co won their first two SBs? They were a defense-and-ball-control team. Tom Brady was a game manager with some upside.

Every once in a while they opened it up. For example, their game plan against the Steelers one season-opener called for them to spread the Pittsburgh D out and throw in the gaps. Caught the Steelers completely by surprise. But otherwise their offense was running the ball and hitting some timely throws.

Brady's biggest contributions in his early years were poise and decision-making. Tom Brady didn't start having "Tom Brady" seasons until he was 27, 28 yes old. His 5th+ year in the league. When they got Moss & Welker and transformed into a pinball machine offense, Brady was 30.

He wasn't doing that high-flying stuff when he was a second-year player. He was getting them in & out of the huddle, handing it off, occasionally dropping back and making a read and hitting his guy. Doing his job. The year they won their first SB, Brady played 15 games and threw for 2800 yds and 18 TDs.

Is it really so impossible to believe that Jarrett Stidham can do that?

Belichick's built another defense + rushing roster, last couple seasons. I think he's 15-5 without Tom Brady, these last 20 years: 11-5 with Matt Cassel in 2008, 4-0 with Jimmy Galapagos & Jacoby Brisket in the DeflateGate year. Working with the next-guy-up is not new to him.

I'll believe that Belichick's Patriots will suck, when I see it with my own two eyes.

Everybody hates Dave Gettelman and he's made some curious moves, but for the most part they've worked out and the Giants are quietly on the rise. Look at how much better their OL looks especially after the additions of Andrew Thomas and Matt Peart. And positional value bedamned, Saquan Barkley and Dexter Lawrence are ballin'.
    I'm not yet convinced that Danny Dimes can play.

They have to stay healthy, but 15-1 is definitely in play here.
    Bah! Live a little. Be an optimist.

The karma current's waves are streaming back to Baltimore. Don Shula's spirit will return to Baltimore and bless the Ravens with a 16-0 regular season record and Superbowl championship. I know so because Sister Zora of the California Psychics told me so.

There could be some serious swings for teams on the Ravens schedule, yeah.

To me the Giants are in the second year of a rebuild that's going to take some time. Sure, they could have a winning record and make the playoffs, but to me that speaks more to the quality of their division than them being an actual contender.
    Last edited by Sarcasticfury; 05-09-2020 at 07:53 AM.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

IMO the only important take in Tony's schedule article is the Adam Schefter quote at the top, which strongly suggests that (pulling out my SWAGG [Scientific Wild-Arse Guess Gizmo]) that the NFL is something like 75% certain they will NOT be able to run a standard 2020-21 campaign & have deranged the shedjewel to allow it to be rederanged to accommodate a delayed start &/or an abrupt lockdown in midseason.

This is extremely astute. Anyone who expects this to be a normal year for football of any stripe is cruising for a severe disappointment. (Again IMO.)
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

every fan on twitter looks at their schedule and comes up with 10 wins... seriously

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I have legit been thinking that 16-0 was in play with this team. Dead serious.

But that 4 week stretch with the two Thursday games puts a serious dent in that dream. Dammit.
    Not having to travel and change timezones after beginning of season is a huge plus tho