Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast
  1. NFL Schedule release tomorrow

I think we have 4 prime time games this season.

If you had to guess, who are they against?

The KC game will definitely be one. My other 3 would probably be against; PIT, DAL, & CIN.
    Last edited by 757RavensFan; 05-06-2020 at 08:55 AM.

Re: NFL Schedule release tomorrow

With all the love for Lamar, I could see us even getting a 5th.

My picks: KC, TEN, PIT, IND, and DAL

I think we get the maximum 5 because of Lamar. KC, Pit, Dal, Hou, NE.

I also think that we play to empty stadiums. This would suck because we have easy road trips to Phi and Wash.
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Blog Entries

I expect them to have the maximum five PT games given they have the league MVP and one of the top offenses in the league. Which, given we are unlikely to attend this year, will not bother me as much as it would if I were attending them all lol.

I can see any five of the following being PT:

Chiefs (zero doubt about this one)
    Cowboys (highly likely IMO)
    Steelers (also highly likely)
    Patriots
    Eagles
    Texans
    Browns
    Titans
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I wonder if they could do something like allow a certain amount of fans in each section where it would be easy to social distance. No food or drinks sales. Bring your own water & snacks. No alcohol. They could randomly pick PSL holders like they do now for event rewards. If the PSL holder declines then sell the tickets to other fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I wonder if they could do something like allow a certain amount of fans in each section where it would be easy to social distance. No food or drinks sales. Bring your own water & snacks. No alcohol. They could randomly pick PSL holders like they do now for event rewards. If the PSL holder declines then sell the tickets to other fans.
    I agree with this. I believe wrestling was approved for live attendance again, but only at a 25$ capacity. They haven't started doing so yet due to still having to catch up from the pretaped shows, but I believe they got the approval. Football could do the same. Obviously it's the person's choice on going or not, so anyone there obviously doesn't mind being out and about.

NC has a 3 phase plan that starts this Friday. Phase 3 is when they will open up to limited patrons at concerts and such, and that is still a couple months away, but NFL obviously would be an option by then.

That being said, neighbor town just announced that they have decided to cancel this year's 4th of July fireworks celebration so who really knows what will be allowed come Sept?

I think it will be a day to day thing at that point and it's hard to schedule things that far out without knowing if a 2nd wave will hit or not. Obviously they can cancel if it does though.

Saw contradicting reports about Disney reopeneing. One says they have shut down for the remainder of the year and the other says they will reopen with limited # of guests with employees going thr extra mile to keep things wiped down and sanitized.

Beaches have supposedly already reopened and are rather crowded, if you can believe the news articles that shows that. Some have pointed out the same people were at a crowded East Coast beach pic that was in the California beach pic in the beach reopening articles. Lol

Anywho, I hope this mess is sorted out by then and it will be open for attendance. Not sure how well a sporting event will be without the crowd. Wrestling is the only one I've seen so far doing that and the ratings are at an all time low. I'm willing to bet football in an empty stadium would still draw good numbers though. I know I would watch. It would be different, but I'd watch.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I agree with this. I believe wrestling was approved for live attendance again, but only at a 25$ capacity. They haven't started doing so yet due to still having to catch up from the pretaped shows, but I believe they got the approval. Football could do the same. Obviously it's the person's choice on going or not, so anyone there obviously doesn't mind being out and about.

NC has a 3 phase plan that starts this Friday. Phase 3 is when they will open up to limited patrons at concerts and such, and that is still a couple months away, but NFL obviously would be an option by then.

That being said, neighbor town just announced that they have decided to cancel this year's 4th of July fireworks celebration so who really knows what will be allowed come Sept?

I think it will be a day to day thing at that point and it's hard to schedule things that far out without knowing if a 2nd wave will hit or not. Obviously they can cancel if it does though.

Saw contradicting reports about Disney reopeneing. One says they have shut down for the remainder of the year and the other says they will reopen with limited # of guests with employees going thr extra mile to keep things wiped down and sanitized.

Beaches have supposedly already reopened and are rather crowded, if you can believe the news articles that shows that. Some have pointed out the same people were at a crowded East Coast beach pic that was in the California beach pic in the beach reopening articles. Lol

Anywho, I hope this mess is sorted out by then and it will be open for attendance. Not sure how well a sporting event will be without the crowd. Wrestling is the only one I've seen so far doing that and the ratings are at an all time low. I'm willing to bet football in an empty stadium would still draw good numbers though. I know I would watch. It would be different, but I'd watch.

I think people will be so hungry to watch one of the big 4 pro sports come September that they'll take anything.

At least that's how I feel!

Blog Entries

the NFL missed a big opportunity here. Why not do one team every night, or one division? Make it a huge deal, bring out their star players (virtually). It would have big ratings

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post

Trimmed your message for the quote but you have to remember that it's not one size fits all. Florida allowing wrestling shows at 25% capacity does not mean New York or Maryland or California, etc., is going to allow that right now or even for the near future. I'm pretty sure Gov. Newsome in CA has already said they are not running big events of any kind until 2021 at the earliest.

To get to my point, I don't see the NFL allowing some clubs to play to fans while others can't, both because of the unfair advantage that teams would gain from having their fans there and because of the financial side. I would be very surprised if it's not all or nothing, I don't think it's going to be Jacksonville and Miami and Tampa playing home games to fans while the Rams or Giants are playing their home games in empty stadiums.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

hoping all home games are 1pm starts

Quote Originally Posted by ninetysixer View Post
    hoping all home games are 1pm starts
    Sadly I doubt that will happen lol

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I think people will be so hungry to watch one of the big 4 pro sports come September that they'll take anything.

At least that's how I feel!

Yep! Ratings may dip after the first couple of weeks or so, but I think overall, they can sustain enough even with no attendance IF it comes to that