Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Blog Entries

Re: Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    The saddest thing to me about both cases is that both Trayvon and Ahmaud were completely unarmed and weren't displaying suspicious activity at the time of conflict. I would understand if the conflict occurred literally while they were literally breaking and entering or if they had been confirmed to had stolen from a store or something, but how do you get shot while walking from a family member's home and while jogging? Criminals don't go for a walk or go jogging after they've committed crime!! That doesn't make any mf sense!
    I don't know enough about the most recent one. The Trayvon Martin/ Zimmerman one is more complicated than your summary. It was a series of very unfortunate misunderstandings between the two and probably a bit of manly pride that led to that tragedy that night.

Blog Entries

I've read at least 10 articles on this and slowed the video down frame by frame. The father and son that chased Ahmaud down need to be behind bars. This was just wrong in so many ways. Let's hope they indict and it goes to trial.
    Last edited by ERey; 05-07-2020 at 08:23 AM.

The fact that this man's killers arent behind bars already is a travesty. If these two get off in a way similar to how Trayvon Martin's killer got off, I truly fear for this nation.
    You're an idiot.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don't know enough about the most recent one. The Trayvon Martin/ Zimmerman one is more complicated than your summary. It was a series of very unfortunate misunderstandings between the two and probably a bit of manly pride that led to that tragedy that night.
    https://www.thetrayvonhoax.com/
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Ok... I remember something was fishy about that girl when the trial was going on. Not sure if I’ll ever get around to it but I’d like to watch the film.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Ok... I remember something was fishy about that girl when the trial was going on. Not sure if I’ll ever get around to it but I’d like to watch the film.
    That fatty they put on the stand...

couldn't read the letter she supposedly wrote because she doesn't understand cursive.
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I've read at least 10 articles on this and slowed the video down frame by frame. The father and son that chased Ahmaud down need to be behind bars. This was just wrong in so many ways. It was a modern day lynching. Let's hope they indict and it goes to trial.
    Modern day lynching?

That’s a bit extreme. If the victim was white, no one would even arrive at that term or conclusion. Hell, I doubt it would even make the news cycle.

They should be charged and given their day in court.

If the jury sees/hears what I do, then I can’t see how they won’t go to jail for a long, long time. Especially the dad because he should have known better given his past experience with the DA’s office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

The video shows Arbery struggling attacking the guy with the gun. Given Arbery's past mental problems and gun charges (he brought a gun to a school function), the defense attorney is going to go the self-defense route since Georgia does have a law stating private citizens are legally allowed to hold a suspicious person until the police arrive.

If the prosecuting attorney is smart, they go for a charge of man slaughter. Murder in the first is not going to stick and I think these guys should face some prison time.
    ProFootballMock

https://m.startribune.com/murder-cha...der/570176802/

This is another similar story that just happened. Why is it that a gun must always be drawn and shot at unarmed men in these situations. Are black men just so scary that you feel like you need to draw your gun in non hostile situations?

I just don't understand.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

https://m.startribune.com/murder-cha...der/570176802/

This is another similar story that just happened. Why is it that a gun must always be drawn and shot at unarmed men in these situations. Are black men just so scary that you feel like you need to draw your gun in non hostile situations?

I just don't understand.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Why are you such a racist?
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Modern day lynching?

That’s a bit extreme. If the victim was white, no one would even arrive at that term or conclusion. Hell, I doubt it would even make the news cycle.

They should be charged and given their day in court.

If the jury sees/hears what I do, then I can’t see how they won’t go to jail for a long, long time. Especially the dad because he should have known better given his past experience with the DA’s office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're right. It was a bit extreme. I went back and removed it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    The video shows Arbery struggling attacking the guy with the gun. Given Arbery's past mental problems and gun charges (he brought a gun to a school function), the defense attorney is going to go the self-defense route since Georgia does have a law stating private citizens are legally allowed to hold a suspicious person until the police arrive.

If the prosecuting attorney is smart, they go for a charge of man slaughter. Murder in the first is not going to stick and I think these guys should face some prison time.
    Involuntary manslaughter IMO is the best a prosecutor is going to convince a jury. Georgia does not have degrees of murder, so there is no 1st or 2nd degree.

If the prosecutor makes the same mistake they did in the Trayvon Martin trial and goes for murder they'll lose. I doubt any jury will believe beyond a shadow of doubt these guys intentionally followed Ahmaud to shoot him. Involuntary manslaughter is the best they'll get. It was the actions of those two guys by following and cutting Ahmaud off several times, with no knowledge of a crime just being committed, that caused the confrontation. Georgia citizens arrest law does not allow for this kind of pursuit.

Involuntary manslaughter – Involuntary manslaughter is the unintentional killing of another person. The killing must result from illegal or reckless conduct by the perpetrator. The maximum penalty for involuntary manslaughter is ten years in prison. Involuntary manslaughter may also be a misdemeanor, punishable by less than one year in prison, under certain circumstances.