Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Blog Entries

Re: Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    This is what I don't understand. If you admit that you are chasing someone down who isn't even aware of your existence, then how are you not initiating a confrontation?

If Trayvon saw that someone was following him on foot, how is he not in the right in terms of defending himself?
    From the evidence in the trial, it seems Zimmerman stopped following him. After that either they ran into each other, or what seems more likely based on where the confrontation happened, is that Martin circled back and confronted Zimmerman. After that a fight ensued and Zimmerman shot Martin while laying on his back getting his head bashed on concrete. The jury heard the facts and ruled self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Zimmerman is a douchebag. Didn't he try to auction off the weapon he used to kill Trayvon Martin? That could be fake news, but I thought I had read that a few years ago.

Anyway...I dont like this idea of people patrolling their neighborhoods looking for suspicious activity. If you suspect something is off, call the cops. Let them deal with it. If someone is coming at you in your house or on your property...ok. I get it. Defend yourself.

Tailing someone down the street or whatever...just asking for trouble.

Anyway...these two knuckleheads should be charged and given their day in court.
    Zimmerman did call the cops
    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...zimmerman.html

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Except this is only one side of the story the jury heard. The other side is Martin attacked Zimmerman and was banging his head into the ground.

Frankly, only Zimmerman knows the truth. You don't and the jury didn't and Zimmerman is assumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Now my guess is the truth is probably somewhere in between and Zimmerman has some culpability. Probably not murder one, but something more than completely innocent. But our justice system remains, at least for the time being, proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

If you don't recall Zimmerman was a self appointed neighborhood watch. There were thefts in the area. He followed the kid. According to Zimmerman the kid doubled back to confront him. They got into an altercation. Zimmerman said his head was being slammed into the ground when he shot. There were photos of his injuries. It was the whole issue of stand your ground laws in Florida. The jury said it was self defense, the victims side still to this day claim murder.

Supposedly the guys in the truck saw the guy running. There had been some robbery issues in their neighborhood recently. They saw a black guy running and (just guessing here) assumed he was running from a robbery or something. They tailed him in their truck, confronted him, shit got heated and they shot him.

From what I've read the 2 yahoo's in the truck were father & son. Father was retired investigator for DA of county. Heard a police call of someone going into an open construction site. Description was black male with white t shirt & shorts seen running from area. Father & son hopped into their truck to find him. There are old Georgia laws about citizens arrest so these 2 went to confront. There is a graphic video from a car tailing the guy jogging coming up to the 2 guys in the truck. They claim they only wanted to question the guy and the guy attacked the son. In the video the guy runs by the truck then comes around the front to confront the son. It looks like a fight between the 2 before he's shot twice, stumbles and falls to the street. They've moved the case to a 3rd DA because of conflicts between the 1st 2.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    From what I've read the 2 yahoo's in the truck were father & son. Father was retired investigator for DA of county. Heard a police call of someone going into an open construction site. Description was black male with white t shirt & shorts seen running from area. Father & son hopped into their truck to find him. There are old Georgia laws about citizens arrest so these 2 went to confront. There is a graphic video from a car tailing the guy jogging coming up to the 2 guys in the truck. They claim they only wanted to question the guy and the guy attacked the son. In the video the guy runs by the truck then comes around the front to confront the son. It looks like a fight between the 2 before he's shot twice, stumbles and falls to the street. They've moved the case to a 3rd DA because of conflicts between the 1st 2.
    They are gonna get found not guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    They are gonna get found not guilty.

The 1st DA was the local one. He saw it as self defense and didn't convene a grand jury. The family complained and it became a NYT story. Since the father worked in that office they claimed a conflict. So it moved to another county only to have another one where someone in that office had family in the 1st. Now its on #3.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    The 1st DA was the local one. He saw it as self defense and didn't convene a grand jury. The family complained and it became a NYT story. Since the father worked in that office they claimed a conflict. So it moved to another county only to have another one where someone in that office had family in the 1st. Now its on #3.
    Sad stuff really. Even if the guy was committing a burglary (which i dont believe) these citizens had no right to chase him down. Call the cops and let them do their job.

Blog Entries

Sad stuff really. Even if the guy was committing a burglary (which i dont believe) these citizens had no right to chase him down. Call the cops and let them do their job.
    I'm not saying they should have, but it appears there may be a law that allows people to in Georgia.

I don't know enough about the case to say anything for certain, but it appears these guys took it too far. I'll wait for more facts though.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I'm not saying they should have, but it appears there may be a law that allows people to in Georgia.

I don't know enough about the case to say anything for certain, but it appears these guys took it too far. I'll wait for more facts though.
    Yeah, that's why I said they were gonna get found not guilty. Along with having friends in the DA's office.

Zimmerman is a douchebag. Didn't he try to auction off the weapon he used to kill Trayvon Martin? That could be fake news, but I thought I had read that a few years ago.

Anyway...I don't like this idea of people patrolling their neighborhoods looking for suspicious activity. If you suspect something is off, call the cops. Let them deal with it. If someone is coming at you in your house or on your property...ok. I get it. Defend yourself.

Tailing someone down the street or whatever...just asking for trouble.

Anyway...these two knuckleheads should be charged and given their day in court.
    I think there had been a series of break ins and one home invasion in that neighborhood prior to the Martin shooting incident. Was Zimmerman "patrolling" when that happened? I thought he called the cops to report Martin as being "suspicious" and got jumped while trying to keep eyes on. We will never know what happened but I can see Martin feeling threatened by Zimmerman following him but it seems there was an escalation of behaviors that led to that. In light of the break ins Zimmerman seems less "Deputy Dawg" but leaving your own home/property with a gun on to "investigate" as a civilian should no be tolerated or encouraged.

Yeah, that's why I said they were gonna get found not guilty. Along with having friends in the DA's office.
    You don't know that. Amber Guyger is in jail and she's a cop. I saw this story for the first time this morning but was not in the mood to view it as I knew it would be sad and sickening.

The saddest thing to me about both cases is that both Trayvon and Ahmaud were completely unarmed and weren't displaying suspicious activity at the time of conflict. I would understand if the conflict occurred literally while they were literally breaking and entering or if they had been confirmed to had stolen from a store or something, but how do you get shot while walking from a family member's home and while jogging? Criminals don't go for a walk or go jogging after they've committed crime!! That doesn't make any mf sense!