Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Re: Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I've heard there was no contact or communication between him and the armed men.
    If this is true, this case gets thrown out and the guy probably has legitimate grounds for a lawsuit.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

2. Re: Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    You're talking about being an accessory. Definitely not getting a murder conviction for that in this case.

Generally speaking you have to be directly involved in the crime being committed. Since trying to detain Arbery isn't a crime, the DA has nothing I'd be willing to bet. Unless, like Mtnman says, there's some evidence we don't have yet.
    Has that been legally established or is that just your opinion? Personally, I think that's the whole case right there. Was it legal or not?

Blog Entries

So the guy who shot the video is now charged with murder. How do people feel about that?
    There has to be more to this story. You can't be arrested for simply being an innocent bystander and pulling out your camera to film an incident you know nothing about, right? I'm assuming they think he was part of the chase?

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Has that been legally established or is that just your opinion? Personally, I think that's the whole case right there. Was it legal or not?
    I should have been clearer, my bad. Trying to detain him without guns is legal. They can ask the guy to stop walking, wait for the cops with them, whatever. When they pointed their guns at him, that made it a crime I believe, since he did not have a weapon and was not committing a dangerous felony.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I should have been clearer, my bad. Trying to detain him without guns is legal. They can ask the guy to stop walking, wait for the cops with them, whatever. When they pointed their guns at him, that made it a crime I believe, since he did not have a weapon and was not committing a dangerous felony.
    More using force of any kind would be illegal, right? Just in this case the force was guns?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I believe I heard that the actual video is 4 minutes long, not some spur of the moment filming. And the suspicion is that he was actually part of a group trying to corral and detain Aubery. Of course, charging him could also be a way for the GBI to push him for testimony against the father/son.

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I believe I heard that the actual video is 4 minutes long, not some spur of the moment filming. And the suspicion is that he was actually part of a group trying to corral and detain Aubery. Of course, charging him could also be a way for the GBI to push him for testimony against the father/son.
    This seems like unnecessary "message sending" and caving to political pressure to me. Appeasing the mob. Following at a distance with a cell phone video is probably what you want your citizens to do if they do anything.

This seems like unnecessary "message sending" and caving to political pressure to me. Appeasing the mob. Following at a distance with a cell phone video is probably what you want your citizens to do if they do anything.
    well, if they are only doing it to pressure him to testify, that's true. that part of my post was just hypothetical possibility on my part. I don't know anything more than what I posted, which isn't really much. all depends on what his intent was. I guess it comes down to, was he part of a group tracking him down and trying to detain him? Or was he truly an innocent driver who came across the father/son and started filming because something seemed wrong? I don't know the answer to that.

9. Re: Ahmaud Arbery

It seems there is perhaps "more to the story". At least, according to the GBI.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gbi-says-...le-as-shooters

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    More using force of any kind would be illegal, right? Just in this case the force was guns?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Right.
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Not sure if these have been posted. If not here are the previous incident videos circulating.

Note: I don't post these videos as if to say, "Look he's guilty and the McMichaels were right!". But these are circulating on the internet and will no doubt come up in the courtroom if allowed.

(Almost) Tased by cops: https://www.foxnews.com/us/ahmaud-ar...ia-tase-victim

Arrested for shoplifting: https://nypost.com/2020/05/19/new-ah...ifting-arrest/

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Not sure if these have been posted. If not here are the previous incident videos circulating.

Note: I don't post these videos as if to say, "Look he's guilty and the McMichaels were right!". But these are circulating on the internet and will no doubt come up in the courtroom if allowed.

(Almost) Tased by cops: https://www.foxnews.com/us/ahmaud-ar...ia-tase-victim

Arrested for shoplifting: https://nypost.com/2020/05/19/new-ah...ifting-arrest/
    Lololol these videos have absolutely nothing to do with him getting murdered. They have no bearing on anything but to distract from the case at hand.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk