Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Re: Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Or it's so obvious what happened there's no need to talk about it. The cops were fired and will likely be charged with manslaughter.
    Thats the problem. People should be shouting from the rooftops when something so undisputed like this happens to try and create a culture where it will never happen again.

Blacks, whites, Democrats, Republicans, police, citizen, everyone should be condemning this everywhere, not just glossing over it and moving out.

Nothing will ever change with that attitude.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Thats the problem. People should be shouting from the rooftops when something so undisputed like this happens to try and create a culture where it will never happen again.

Blacks, whites, Democrats, Republicans, police, citizen, everyone should be condemning this everywhere, not just glossing over it and moving out.

This system is working as it should. They’re fired and will likely be charged. What more should we be doing?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    This system is working as it should. They’re fired and will likely be charged. What more should we be doing?
    Don't you know? We should drag them by their necks in the streets and skin them alive as local children throw rocks at their bodies....

OR... this happens so infrequently to the point it actually makes the news, so we should let the process play out because this happened in 1 encounter out of over a million, and the people who perpetrated it just gotten taken out of the equation so now it will happen with even less frequency...

This is NOT a cultural norm... regardless of what the media tells you. It's not even close.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Don't you know? We should drag them by their necks in the streets and skin them alive as local children throw rocks at their bodies....

OR... this happens so infrequently to the point it actually makes the news, so we should let the process play out because this happened in 1 encounter out of over a million, and the people who perpetrated it just gotten taken out of the equation so now it will happen with even less frequency...

This is NOT a cultural norm... regardless of what the media tells you. It's not even close.
    If it was your son or daughter that you saw get choked out to death, you too would want there to be an uproar. Apparently, on the police report, it wasn't even mentioned how they choked him out.

The other thing is that you are writing the words "less frequency" like this should happen even once. Things that should happen with less frequency are things like accidents, things that can be fixed with more training. This was not an accident. This was murder. And it shouldn't happen even once. I don't wanna see it with any type of frequency.

Also, and I know none of you are trying to hear it, but there are so many more who hide racist beliefs in the closet and are smart enough to hide murders and other excessive uses of force from the lens of a camera. This guy just so happened to be caught. It's kinda like the effect where people think the world is more dangerous for their kids now, when it's probably just the same. The only difference is the news cycle is much shorter and communication about these things is much more effective. I'm glad we now have cameras to capture all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    If it was your son or daughter that you saw get choked out to death, you too would want there to be an uproar. Apparently, on the police report, it wasn't even mentioned how they choked him out.

The other thing is that you are writing the words "less frequency" like this should happen even once. Things that should happen with less frequency are things like accidents, things that can be fixed with more training. This was not an accident. This was murder. And it shouldn't happen even once. I don't wanna see it with any type of frequency.

Also, and I know none of you are trying to hear it, but there are so many more who hide racist beliefs in the closet and are smart enough to hide murders and other excessive uses of force from the lens of a camera. This guy just so happened to be caught. It's kinda like the effect where people think the world is more dangerous for their kids now, when it's probably just the same. The only difference is the news cycle is much shorter and communication about these things is much more effective. I'm glad we now have cameras to capture all of this.
    It should never happen.... you know what else shouldn't happen? Rioting and property damage over a fake controversy. If these cops killed a white kid, i wouldn't be like, "That could've been MY son or daughter!!!" These cops are murderers and will get what murderers get. Dude... there are racists in this country... nobody is saying there aren't. And let's just say that 5% of Americans are seething racists... then it would make sense that 5% of white cops are racist... what sucks is that if Jim Bob that works at the local grocery store is racist... he's just gonna go say some racist things to his racist friends in a private chat or over some poorly cooked hot dogs at one of his racist parties... when a COP is a seething racist, there are bad outcomes.

He lied on his report? I bet he f'ing did! You think he came back and was like, "Dude... I totally killed that guy!". No... like all murderers, he tried to cover his behind.

This shouldn't happen ever... nobody is saying that... but we also live in the real world. Nana shouldn't get cancer... a kid on the way to school shouldn't get hit by a car... NOBODY should be murdered... EVER.
    It did happen because, in the real world, shitty people do horrible things that affect everyone around them... and it really sucks.

But let's not say, "THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME!!!".... It definitely does not. There are 47 million blacks in the US in 2019... 235 were shot by police. You have almost more of a chance of dying in Yosemite than you do getting killed by the police. You have a WAY higher chance of being killed by a drunk driver between the hours of noon and 3:00pm.

Is this horrible? The answer is unequivocally yes. Does this condone rioting and destruction of property and assaulting ALL police? Nope...

If you have a solution, then by all means... let's go over that, but I will never accept violent responses being condoned or "blowing off steam".
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Im honestly not sure if he threatened her, but if he said what he said to me id have took it as a threat to my dog definitely.

I have no idea why he said what he said, but it definitely came across as a threat to the dog. Youd be thinking he is trying to poison the dog.

But the first thing she said was im going to call the police and say "an African American man is threatening me".

If she wasn't be racist why mention the colour of his skin?

I cant even believe this is being defended. Im gobsmacked on this one.

The colour of his skin was irrelevant until police ask for a description.
    No, the first thing she said was "Please stop filming me. Please stop filming me." Instead of walking away from a situation where he has already made a woman fearful, he continues to antagonize her.

The fact you are okay with a man threatening a woman and continuing to harass her is disgusting.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Cool. Where is your outrage at this?
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...te/5252345002/

I mean, obviously you're okay with it since you haven't started a thread on it or vocally condemned it, right? Everyone should be condemning this every where, but not a peep from Arnie. It's your silence that allows such young on old violence to continue.

And since I get the feeling this needs to be laid out plainly, I am being sarcastic. I assume, though going off your earlier posts in this thread I can't be certain, that you are against people randomly beating the crap out of other people. Therefore I am drawing a parallel between you not saying a word about a case already being brought to justice, and others not commenting on a case that is already being brought to justice.
    Last edited by darb72; 05-27-2020 at 06:24 PM.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

No, the first thing she said was "Please stop filming me. Please stop filming me." Instead of walking away from a situation where he has already made a woman fearful, he continues to antagonize her.

The fact you are okay with a man threatening a woman and continuing to harass her is disgusting.
    Im not ok with it, i said id have probably have rang the police as well if I was her.

I just wouldnt have got racist at the same time.

Cool. Where is your outrage at this?
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...te/5252345002/

I mean, obviously you're okay with it since you haven't started a thread on it or vocally condemned it, right? Everyone should be condemning this every where, but not a peep from Arnie. It's your silence that allows such young on old violence to continue.

And since I get the feeling this needs to be laid out plainly, I am being sarcastic. I assume, though going off your earlier posts in this thread I can't be certain, that you are against people randomly beating the crap out of other people. Therefore I am drawing a parallel between you not saying a word about a case already being brought to justice, and others not commenting on a case that is already being brought to justice.
    I don't have access to all the American news darb.

I criticise or defend each case on a individual basis. Ive defended cops on here before.

This one is indefensible and shouldnt be brushed under the carpet by media/political figures/police etc.

A stand needs to be taken to show the world this isnt accepted. It would go along way to showing unnecessary police violence isnt accepted.

It would also help when a use of force is actually justified minorities would believe it.

Im not going to speak for the the fella bandc, but if a case like this got the toughest sentencing, maybe he wouldnt go overboard looking for "justice" with other cases which are clearly not police brutality like the woman shot in the drugs raid, because he'd actually have faith in the system again.

There just seems to be an uneven "discussion" when the police are clearly in the wrong vs when they actually weren't.

Im not ok with it, i said id have probably have rang the police as well if I was her.

I just wouldnt have got racist at the same time.
    But you can't prove she is a racist. She said she was going to report an african-american male was threatening to harm her. When calling 911 you're supposed to provide all the information you can.
    ProFootballMock

I don't have access to all the American news darb.

I criticise or defend each case on a individual basis. Ive defended cops on here before.

This one is indefensible and shouldnt be brushed under the carpet by media/political figures/police etc.

A stand needs to be taken to show the world this isnt accepted. It would go along way to showing unnecessary police violence isnt accepted.

It would also help when a use of force is actually justified minorities would believe it.

Im not going to speak for the the fella bandc, but if a case like this got the toughest sentencing, maybe he wouldnt go overboard looking for "justice" with other cases which are clearly not police brutality like the woman shot in the drugs raid, because he'd actually have faith in the system again.

There just seems to be an uneven "discussion" when the police are clearly in the wrong vs when they actually weren't.
    And that's my point. You don't see anything about cases like because there's a narrative that only black people are being assaulted. Bad cops do it more than is acceptable but they're doing it to people of all races. If people want to have an actual conversation about police brutality then it really should not be conflated with a woman calling the police on a man who is threatening her. Anybody trying to do that is not interested in a discussion but instead trying to enhance their own victim-hood.

You've heard the story of the boy who cried wolf. That moral applies here. Trayvon Martin was an innocent child brutally gunned down by a rampaging white supremacist! Michael Brown was a lovable goof just trying to lead a decent life when the racist cop executed him in the street! Bullshit. Both were actively trying to harm the people who eventually shot them. Yet they sparked massive protests about systemic racism and blah, blah, blah. There has to be a clear distinction between actual cases of racism/police brutality and cases where the police/victim was justified. For liberals, if an officer shoots someone after being shot at first, well that's just proof of a dirty cop and evidence that systemic racism is keeping black people down. This has literally been argued in this very thread. That is not the basis for an actual conversation and I refuse to take anybody seriously who argues such an asinine point.

To the specific case under discussion, the officers involved have been fired and are under investigation. At least one will likely be put on trial. Is this evidence of police oppressing black people. No. It's a case of a bad officer being a power hungry douchebag and possibly a racist.
    ProFootballMock

And now they're rioting in Minnesota. By show of hands, who here is surprised by this shocking turn of events? Anybody? The four officers involved were fired and currently under investigation. Yet... riots, because nothing says take our complaints seriously like burning and looting shit.
    ProFootballMock