Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Re: Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Yeah, you probably think she deserved it. Willing to bet you've told a woman "she deserved it" more than once in your life.
    lol Darb, tell me what happened to her.....did she deserve treats given to her dog? Is that what you're saying?

And yes, every time I give my wife flowers unexpectedly, I tell her that she deserves it every time. I'm lucky to have an amazing woman in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    lol Darb, tell me what happened to her.....did she deserve treats given to her dog? Is that what you're saying?

And yes, every time I give my wife flowers unexpectedly, I tell her that she deserves it every time. I'm lucky to have an amazing woman in my life.
    Sure, because the phrase, "ME: Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it" obviously means he's just going to give the dog a treat.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Christian Cooper threatened that woman and her dog.

ME: Ma’am, dogs in the Ramble have to be on the leash at all times. The sign is right there.
    HER: The dog runs are closed. He needs his exercise.
    ME: All you have to do is take him to the other side of the drive, outside the Ramble, and you can let him run off leash all you want.
    HER: It’s too dangerous.
    ME: Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it.
    HER: What’s that?
    ME (to the dog): Come here, puppy!
    HER: He won’t come to you.
    ME: We’ll see about that…

Those are his words about what transpired. He threatened her or her dog and she rightfully called the police.
    Then she should have said a man in the patk is threatening my dog.

From her phone call, the 911 operator would have thought a black man was trying to kill her.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Then she should have said a man in the patk is threatening my dog.

From her phone call, the 911 operator would have thought a black man was trying to kill her.
    The dog should have been on a leash, and Cooper was well within his rights to tell her to put it on one. If that was all that was said, I'd be calling her a racist psycho too. But he threatened her and that's where I have a problem. Up to that point he was being reasonable and I'm guessing she was too going by what he's said. Then he reaches into his pocket and says he is going to do what he wants, and she's not going to like it. He admits he was trying to get the dog. Maybe he was just going to put it outside the Ramble, but there's no way she could know he wasn't going to harm her or the dog based on his words and actions. She had every right to be scared. It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with being a man.

Can anybody here honestly say if their wife or daughter was alone in the park and some guy comes up to her saying either do what he says or she won't like what happens, they wouldn't want her to call the police? I know I would never say that to a woman. Ever. It takes a special kind of coward to say something like that or defend it.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Cooper later explained what he meant.

"Christian Cooper said he then pulled out dog treats. He told CNN he keeps dog treats with him to get dog owners to put their dogs on leashes because, in his experience, dog owners hate when a stranger feeds their dog treats and immediately restrain their dogs afterward".

That's not the right thing to do either, because you don't give treats to someone else's dog. It could be poisoned, the dog could be specially trained, it could be a dangerous animal; you just don't know. Regardless of his intentions, the woman felt threatened by her actions and she had every right to.

What should have happened is when she threatened to call the police, he should have apologized for scaring her and walked away. She should have accepted the apology, apologized for not having her dog on the leash, put the damned thing on a leash like it should've been in the first place, and not called the police.
    ProFootballMock

The dog should have been on a leash, and Cooper was well within his rights to tell her to put it on one. If that was all that was said, I'd be calling her a racist psycho too. But he threatened her and that's where I have a problem. Up to that point he was being reasonable and I'm guessing she was too going by what he's said. Then he reaches into his pocket and says he is going to do what he wants, and she's not going to like it. He admits he was trying to get the dog. Maybe he was just going to put it outside the Ramble, but there's no way she could know he wasn't going to harm her or the dog based on his words and actions. She had every right to be scared. It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with being a man.

Can anybody here honestly say if their wife or daughter was alone in the park and some guy comes up to her saying either do what he says or she won't like what happens, they wouldn't want her to call the police? I know I would never say that to a woman. Ever. It takes a special kind of coward to say something like that or defend it.
    None of it excuses her being racist.

It was all about the colour of his skin.

She threatened him by saying I'll call the cops and say an African American is threatening me.

She had no reason at that stage to reference his skin colour.

I have no issue with her calling the cops;

"911 a guy is threatening me and my dog could you please send the police.

Could you describe him please mam

6ft tall, african America, on a bike, blue lycra".

That call would have been perfectly fine.

She immediately went to the colour of his skin before even calling the cops. She threatened him with the colour of his skin.

Then on the phone she got hysterical as if he was assulting her.

It was all about his skin colour for her.

Any reasonable person wouldnt have mentioned his skin colour until the police asked for his description.

Cooper later explained what he meant.

"Christian Cooper said he then pulled out dog treats. He told CNN he keeps dog treats with him to get dog owners to put their dogs on leashes because, in his experience, dog owners hate when a stranger feeds their dog treats and immediately restrain their dogs afterward".

That's not the right thing to do either, because you don't give treats to someone else's dog. It could be poisoned, the dog could be specially trained, it could be a dangerous animal; you just don't know. Regardless of his intentions, the woman felt threatened by her actions and she had every right to.

What should have happened is when she threatened to call the police, he should have apologized for scaring her and walked away. She should have accepted the apology, apologized for not having her dog on the leash, put the damned thing on a leash like it should've been in the first place, and not called the police.
    She threatened to call the police on an "African American man".

She literally said those words. It was about the colour of his skin and there is no way around that.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Smh, another case of police brutality. No matter how you slice what went down beforehand, 3 policemen had George Floyd apprehended and in handcuffs with one officer putting his knee on his neck until he couldn't breathe and was killed. Disgusting.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-...g-death-video/

It was also sickening how that lady tried to weaponized the police against the black guy yesterday. She even threw her voice to make it seem like she was actively getting assaulted. Imagine if the guy wasn't videotaping the incident smh.
    The first part of this post seems to have went under the radar, maybe because its indefensible so if its ignored it might go away.

The first part of this post seems to have went under the radar, maybe because its indefensible so if its ignored it might go away.
    Cant edit posts, didnt get my own opinion in.

Ive been able to see the police pov on quite a lot of police "brutality" accusations, not this time.

He has to be charged with manslaughter or the us version of it.

None of it excuses her being racist.

It was all about the colour of his skin.

She threatened him by saying I'll call the cops and say an African American is threatening me.

She had no reason at that stage to reference his skin colour.

I have no issue with her calling the cops;

"911 a guy is threatening me and my dog could you please send the police.

Could you describe him please mam

6ft tall, african America, on a bike, blue lycra".

That call would have been perfectly fine.

She immediately went to the colour of his skin before even calling the cops. She threatened him with the colour of his skin.

Then on the phone she got hysterical as if he was assulting her.

It was all about his skin colour for her.

Any reasonable person wouldnt have mentioned his skin colour until the police asked for his description.
    So you agree that he threatened her, right?

Do you have evidence that she would not have said there's a Caucasian man threatening me? No? Then you have no basis to claim she's a racist other than your opinion. She was obviously scared and he kept antagonizing her. Why the hell would he film her? They were separated by a good distance, he could've just walked away. But no, he had to keep filming her even after she asked him not to.

A guy starts filming a random woman who he had obviously scared with his words and actions. Instead of leaving, he continues to antagonize her. Why are you okay with that?
    ProFootballMock

Or it's so obvious what happened there's no need to talk about it. The cops were fired and will likely be charged with manslaughter.
    ProFootballMock

So you agree that he threatened her, right?

Do you have evidence that she would not have said there's a Caucasian man threatening me? No? Then you have no basis to claim she's a racist other than your opinion. She was obviously scared and he kept antagonizing her. Why the hell would he film her? They were separated by a good distance, he could've just walked away. But no, he had to keep filming her even after she asked him not to.

A guy starts filming a random woman who he had obviously scared with his words and actions. Instead of leaving, he continues to antagonize her. Why are you okay with that?
    Im honestly not sure if he threatened her, but if he said what he said to me id have took it as a threat to my dog definitely.

I have no idea why he said what he said, but it definitely came across as a threat to the dog. Youd be thinking he is trying to poison the dog.

But the first thing she said was im going to call the police and say "an African American man is threatening me".

If she wasn't be racist why mention the colour of his skin?

I cant even believe this is being defended. Im gobsmacked on this one.

The colour of his skin was irrelevant until police ask for a description.