Page 1 of 63 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Ahmaud Arbery

The fact that this man's killers arent behind bars already is a travesty. If these two get off in a way similar to how Trayvon Martin's killer got off, I truly fear for this nation.

Blog Entries

Re: Ahmaud Arbery

Okay... I’m not familiar with this one yet. But how is it Trayvon Martins killer “got off”?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Okay... I’m not familiar with this one yet.
    Here ya go:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/05/u...g-georgia.html

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

In the case of Trayvon Martin, there was reasonable doubt as to what happened. That is the way our legal system works.

In this case, it SEEMS they chased Arbery and initiated the incident. Even if he was the guy doing the break-ins you call the cops and let them chase him.

But I don't want to go off of "seems." Let's get the facts from an investigation before convicting anybody.

Okay... I’m not familiar with this one yet. But how is it Trayvon Martins killer “got off”?
    Trayvon Martin's killer murdered an unarmed young man without probable cause by chasing him down, initiating a confrontation, and shooting him in cold blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    In the case of Trayvon Martin, there was reasonable doubt as to what happened. That is the way our legal system works.

In this case, it SEEMS they chased Arbery and initiated the incident. Even if he was the guy doing the break-ins you call the cops and let them chase him.

But I don't want to go off of "seems." Let's get the facts from an investigation before convicting anybody.
    The facts are that when George Zimmerman admitted to following Trayvon Martin, he admitted to initiating a confrontation when there was none to be had. He should be in prison for life right now, period.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Trayvon Martin's killer murdered an unarmed young man without probable cause by chasing him down, initiating a confrontation, and shooting him in cold blood.
    Except this is only one side of the story the jury heard. The other side is Martin attacked Zimmerman and was banging his head into the ground.

Frankly, only Zimmerman knows the truth. You don't and the jury didn't and Zimmerman is assumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Now my guess is the truth is probably somewhere in between and Zimmerman has some culpability. Probably not murder one, but something more than completely innocent. But our justice system remains, at least for the time being, proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Blog Entries

So I saw the video of the guy getting shot. What the hell happened? What's the story behind this? He was on a jog and the guys tracked him down? Or he ran after their truck and confronted them?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    The facts are that when George Zimmerman admitted to following Trayvon Martin, he admitted to initiating a confrontation when there was none to be had. He should be in prison for life right now, period.
    Yeah…. that's not accurate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Except this is only one side of the story the jury heard. The other side is Martin attacked Zimmerman and was banging his head into the ground.

Frankly, only Zimmerman knows the truth. You don't and the jury didn't and Zimmerman is assumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Now my guess is the truth is probably somewhere in between and Zimmerman has some culpability. Probably not murder one, but something more than completely innocent. But our justice system remains, at least for the time being, proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Zimmerman is a douchebag. Didn't he try to auction off the weapon he used to kill Trayvon Martin? That could be fake news, but I thought I had read that a few years ago.

Anyway...I dont like this idea of people patrolling their neighborhoods looking for suspicious activity. If you suspect something is off, call the cops. Let them deal with it. If someone is coming at you in your house or on your property...ok. I get it. Defend yourself.

Tailing someone down the street or whatever...just asking for trouble.

Anyway...these two knuckleheads should be charged and given their day in court.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

So I saw the video of the guy getting shot. What the hell happened? What's the story behind this? He was on a jog and the guys tracked him down? Or he ran after their truck and confronted them?
    Supposedly the guys in the truck saw the guy running. There had been some robbery issues in their neighborhood recently. They saw a black guy running and (just guessing here) assumed he was running from a robbery or something. They tailed him in their truck, confronted him, shit got heated and they shot him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Yeah…. that's not accurate.
    This is what I don't understand. If you admit that you are chasing someone down who isn't even aware of your existence, then how are you not initiating a confrontation?

If Trayvon saw that someone was following him on foot, how is he not in the right in terms of defending himself?