Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Re: Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    And their residents, who typically vote democrat will flee to where?
    they'll infect the whole damn country

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    they'll infect the whole damn country
    Never let a crisis go to waste I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    The whole department tried to cover up Arbury's death for month and I'm supposed to believe the stats????
    Racism is bad. Saying F'ing N____ is terrible. I would never say it or condone anyone near me saying it. I'll stand side by side and probably be the first punch thrown at the person.

But you are saying that this guy was a racist, so everything he does is racism, and everyone around him is racist? That is a prejudice comment.

I went to high school in rural IL. VERY rural. There were kids in my high school that were definitely racists... I hated them. I honestly didn't even understand them because we had like 3 black kids in my high school, and one was one of my best friends Joe... he was the nicest guy. His older brother Harry was class president and homecoming king... everyone liked him too. So my only personal exposure to blacks was 2 of the nicest people I ever met and a guy that was kind of a prick but he had a super bad upbringing... I'm not talking poor ghetto... I'm talking molested by adoptive parents and beaten. I always felt bad for him.

When I went to college, I remember meeting my (eventually one of my closest friends) friend Ceon. He was black and I remember telling him early on, when we were heading out to hang out with a bunch of his buddies, "Hey man... I just wanted to be upfront. Were friends, but you need to know I have super limited exposure to black people... could you do me a favor, and let me know if I ever say anything offensive on that front. I don't mean to be offensive, but I just have no experience hanging out in a group of black people. You know I like you and I respect you and have no feelings that way... I just don't want there to be a misinterpretation, and me not getting a chance to apologize..." My whole life I've been up front, communicated my feelings, and asked questions and listened to the people I liked and got any misunderstandings out of the way. I'd like to think that I am certainly not racist.

I'm still friends with Joe, from High School... Ceon and I parted ways a while back when he moved to Utah.

However... by your estimation... I'm a racist because three dudes that went to my high school made me institutionally racist. That makes sense to you?
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    What are you saying this proves?
    It was a lynching

lynch: (of a mob) kill (someone), especially by hanging, for an alleged offense with or without a legal trial.

Blog Entries

It was a lynching

lynch: (of a mob) kill (someone), especially by hanging, for an alleged offense with or without a legal trial.
    I believe it was a murder. While the difference maybe semantics, that's the word I'm sticking with.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Racism is bad. Saying F'ing N____ is terrible. I would never say it or condone anyone near me saying it. I'll stand side by side and probably be the first punch thrown at the person.

But you are saying that this guy was a racist, so everything he does is racism, and everyone around him is racist? That is a prejudice comment.

I went to high school in rural IL. VERY rural. There were kids in my high school that were definitely racists... I hated them. I honestly didn't even understand them because we had like 3 black kids in my high school, and one was one of my best friends Joe... he was the nicest guy. His older brother Harry was class president and homecoming king... everyone liked him too. So my only personal exposure to blacks was 2 of the nicest people I ever met and a guy that was kind of a prick but he had a super bad upbringing... I'm not talking poor ghetto... I'm talking molested by adoptive parents and beaten. I always felt bad for him.

When I went to college, I remember meeting my (eventually one of my closest friends) friend Ceon. He was black and I remember telling him early on, when we were heading out to hang out with a bunch of his buddies, "Hey man... I just wanted to be upfront. Were friends, but you need to know I have super limited exposure to black people... could you do me a favor, and let me know if I ever say anything offensive on that front. I don't mean to be offensive, but I just have no experience hanging out in a group of black people. You know I like you and I respect you and have no feelings that way... I just don't want there to be a misinterpretation, and me not getting a chance to apologize..." My whole life I've been up front, communicated my feelings, and asked questions and listened to the people I liked and got any misunderstandings out of the way. I'd like to think that I am certainly not racist.

I'm still friends with Joe, from High School... Ceon and I parted ways a while back when he moved to Utah.

However... by your estimation... I'm a racist because three dudes that went to my high school made me institutionally racist. That makes sense to you?
    With all due respect, I don't care about your personal story with regards to this lynching. It has no relevance to the fact that Ahmaud Arbery was murdered by a racist cop. A racist cop who had the help of his whole racist department to cover up his murder.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/04/us/mc...ery/index.html

I hope all of you see the truth now....remember that this man was in the police force for many years and I'm sure he never did a racist thing while he held that post. I'm also sure no one else in his precinct was racist either...institutional racism is alive and well

All of you who continue to doubt can kick rocks.
    And the fact blacks murder white people at a 2-to-1 rate proves...
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    That you are racist.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    That you are racist.
    I thought my skin color did that. Good to always double down though.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

I'm curious to see an answer on this one.

Dang at this point, I just feel bad for people like you. I'm here trying to give you every opportunity to be on the right side of history, but you refuse...I am comforted by the fact that people like Darb, and opinions like yours will go down in history as inconsequential and an unrecognizable blip in the radar, while your great-grandchildren will be reading about Kaep as an American hero in their textbooks long after you are dead and gone. I'm sure it hurt MLK to know that all those white people hated him, but the pain of the hosing and the arrests have all been worth it.

I'll pray for you Brodie. Hopefully, you allow God to change your heart. You'll be less angry. I promise.

Blog Entries

Dang at this point, I just feel bad for people like you. I'm here trying to give you every opportunity to be on the right side of history, but you refuse...I am comforted by the fact that people like Darb, and opinions like yours will go down in history as inconsequential and an unrecognizable blip in the radar, while your great-grandchildren will be reading about Kaep as an American hero in their textbooks long after you are dead and gone. I'm sure it hurt MLK to know that all those white people hated him, but the pain of the hosing and the arrests have all been worth it.

I'll pray for you Brodie. Hopefully, you allow God to change your heart. You'll be less angry. I promise.
    The most ironic post of the century right here.