Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 616263

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Re: Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Of course there are a lot of asshole white people in the US. That proves nothing.

There are also a lot of asshole black people in the US that fucking HATE white people and asians and latinos.

Lauren Hill - "I'd rather my babies starve than a white person buy my album." (Paraphrasing, but that was the gist of her comment)

Speaking of Asians...literally the most racist, bigoted people I've ever interacted with are Koreans.
    I don't know how much you believe Snopes, but I've never heard anything like that from her. No one has any record or video of her saying that, and most don't even agree on what was said: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/th...f-lauryn-hill/

Also, if there are a lot of asshole white people in the country as you say. Should I not then assume that a good amount of them reside in positions of power?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    I don't know how much you believe Snopes, but I've never heard anything like that from her. No one has any record or video of her saying that, and most don't even agree on what was said: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/th...f-lauryn-hill/

Also, if there are a lot of asshole white people in the country as you say. Should I not then assume that a good amount of them reside in positions of power?
    That rumor pertaining to Lauryn Hill has been around since the 90's. I dont know if it's true or not, so I'll take that back. Snopes is not an overly credible source in my opinion though.

To your second comment - I dont know why you're trying to constantly make this about skin color. I was pretty clear that there are a lot of assholes in the US. All of different races, skin tones, pigmentation, religions, whatever. I think Maxine Waters is a racist, bigoted, piece of shit. She's black and she's been in power for a long time. I think Ted Lieu (Asian) is a racist, bigoted, piece of shit and he's in a position of power in Congress. I also think Steve King (White, Republican) is a bigoted, racist, piece of shit and he is in power (although, I believe he wont be for much longer).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

That rumor pertaining to Lauryn Hill has been around since the 90's. I dont know if it's true or not, so I'll take that back. Snopes is not an overly credible source in my opinion though.

To your second comment - I dont know why you're trying to constantly make this about skin color. I was pretty clear that there are a lot of assholes in the US. All of different races, skin tones, pigmentation, religions, whatever. I think Maxine Waters is a racist, bigoted, piece of shit. She's black and she's been in power for a long time. I think Ted Lieu (Asian) is a racist, bigoted, piece of shit and he's in a position of power in Congress. I also think Steve King (White, Republican) is a bigoted, racist, piece of shit and he is in power (although, I believe he wont be for much longer).
    If I could ask, what makes Maxine Waters a racist in your eyes?

Blog Entries

Let me ask you good sir. Should I believe, that given the history of this country, that there aren't still a lot of white people that believe that black people should not have access to certain things like Jake Fromm so eloquently said?
    Define a lot?

Blog Entries

If I could ask, what makes Maxine Waters a racist in your eyes?
    She's a democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    She's a democrat.
    lol c'mon bro...I know you can come better than that...gimme a couple of quotes things she's done or something that hints that she doesn't like people not of her race

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    She's a democrat.
    What would a bigot/racist do?
    -support/embrace Louis Farrakhan
    -defend/embrace/celebrate Damian Williams
    -push RACE on everything

The intelligently challenged douchestick that is James Brown's wig with a female version of Flavor Flav under it checks the box on all 3.

She is a major cog in "the system" we keep hearing about.

Blog Entries

lol c'mon bro...I know you can come better than that...gimme a couple of quotes things she's done or something that hints that she doesn't like people not of her race
    It wasn't my claim, I was just making a joke (with every joke there is some truth).

I'm sure they're out there though, honestly don't feel like looking.

I also think Steve King (White, Republican) is a bigoted, racist, piece of shit and he is in power (although, I believe he wont be for much longer).
    Didn’t king lose his primary? So voted out by those dastardly racist republicans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Didn’t king lose his primary? So voted out by those dastardly racist republicans
    So racist. Clearly Steve King was not racist enough for them.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Was about time too. That guy wasn't even using "dog whistles" as they say

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Ahmaud Arbery's accused killers were denied bond after prosecutors brought evidence of racist social media posts and text messages

From WaPo:

The McMichaels’ defense attorneys on Thursday claimed that the incident was not a hate crime and used a letter from Curt Hall, one of Travis’s roommates in the U.S. Coast Guard who described himself as “multiracial,” as proof that he is not racist.

“In no way, shape or form is Travis hateful toward any group of people, nor does he look down on anyone based on race, religion or beliefs,” Hall wrote. Ashley Langford, the wife of Travis’s best friend, also testified Thursday that Travis told her he “wished it never happened like that.”

Zachary Langford, a friend of Travis, testified on Thursday that Travis had at least one Black friend and that he worked with Black people at his job at a drilling company.

Thursday’s hearing included character witnesses who testified that the McMichaels were nonviolent and not racist and that they were not flight risks.

Allison McMichael, wife of Gregory and mother to Travis, took the stand to testify that her husband and son were upstanding men who would stick around to face their day in court even if they were released. She told the court that Gregory had a motto: Treat people how you want to be treated.

Her husband never harmed anyone while he was working in law enforcement, and the man she has loved across decades has lost about 45 pounds and has grown paler and weaker since he has been in jail, she said.
    Non-violent and wouldn't harm anyone? Treat people how you want to be treated?

The older McMichael needed a character witness to explain how he'd long wanted to get chased through a neighborhood by armed men.

But I haven't read anything that really supports denying bail. They still have the presumption of innocence, and denying bail should be looked at as an extraordinary step, not a routine decision. The state's evidence of racism doesn't show anything which supports withholding bail.