Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Last Dance: ESPN's Michael Jordan documentary

Not sure if this is the right forum for it. Please move if necessary. Anyone watch so far? Last night was episodes 5&6.
    Just wondering if we'll ever have an athlete that was so driven to win as MJ?

Re: Last Dance: ESPN's Michael Jordan documentary

It's absolutely fantastic

Wr have a tv/movie thread in the off topic section

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

My brother says it's awesome. I remember one of my first impressions of Jordan came up close at Cole Field house watching him steal the ball and do this crazy dunk scissoring his legs and bringing his arm around like a pinwheel. I was in college to see Jordan and Bias play. Great years to be a kid at Maryland or in the ACC. The best basketball every winter. Still burns me the crazy sh** that has happened to the ACC.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 05-04-2020 at 11:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    My brother says it's awesome. I remember one of my first impressions of Jordan came up close at Cole Field house watching him steal the ball and do this crazy dunk scissoring his legs and bringing his arm around like a pinwheel. I was in College to see Jordan and Bias play. Great years to be a kid at Maryland or in the ACC. The best basketball every winter. Still burns me the crazy sh** that has happened to the ACC.
    You were at that game? So was I! I remember Maryland blowing a 10 point lead during the first half because of Lefty going into his version of the 4 corners offense (no shot clock at that time) and everyone in the crowd moaning because he pissed away momentum (we were kicking their asses up to that point). I left before Jordan stole the ball because NC had the game well in hand (under 2 minutes left IIRC). The crowd went into an uproar while my back was turn as I was leaving Cole. I got back to my dorm and waited until the 11 o clock news to see what I had missed.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    My brother says it's awesome. I remember one of my first impressions of Jordan came up close at Cole Field house watching him steal the ball and do this crazy dunk scissoring his legs and bringing his arm around like a pinwheel. I was in College to see Jordan and Bias play. Great years to be a kid at Maryland or in the ACC. The best basketball every winter. Still burns me the crazy sh** that has happened to the ACC.
    I still believe Len Bias was the best college basketball player I have ever seen, btw. That doesn't guarantee he would have continued to thrive in the NBA, but those battles between him and Jordan were something to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I still believe Len Bias was the best college basketball player I have ever seen, btw. That doesn't guarantee he would have continued to thrive in the NBA, but those battles between him and Jordan were something to see.
    My freshman year was his last. He was better than Jordan at that time and would have been an all time great NBA player.
    I think he had more athleticism than anyone I've ever watched.

The party that broke out after he spurred the win over NC was epic

I hated him because he was so good. He won what 6 rings.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    My freshman year was his last. He was better than Jordan at that time and would have been an all time great NBA player.

I was a sophomore in Berkley Apartments watching that game. When Keith Gatlin bounced the ball off Kenny Smith's back? That game? We went nuts. Great game.

Bias was as gifted as Jordan and as athletic but their strengths were different. Jordan was quicker and more acrobatic. Bias had that incredible combination of power, leaping ability and the sweetest jump shot imaginable. Bias was deadly once he got the ball in the paint. One of the most empty feelings in my life that I've only experienced one other time was when I found out he died. Such a waste. Us Maryland guys and the sports world were denied the gift of watching him play. His poor mother lost Jay Bias a year or two later in a senseless shooting at Greenbelt Mall.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post

I was living on South Hill at the time in Kent Hall. Can't remember the other dorms that formed the quad, but everyone started bringing out there stereo equipment and we had a blast. The only other time we partied that much was when our football team beat the Miami Hurricanes after being down by 35 points at the half.

All this talk about Len Bias go me depress. So much potential. SMH

After watching the latest episodes a few takeaways was mom having to convince MJ to meet with Nike and how fried and burned out MJ was during the 98 season.

I remain convinced that a 2nd 3peat was only possible because MJ took an 18 month leave after the first. I also remain convinced that no way they would have won in 94 and 95 nor would they have won in 99 if Krause had decided to bring everyone back. It takes a lot of you. Lots of hard work to reach the top and twice the hard work to stay there.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    All this talk about Len Bias go me depress. So much potential. SMH

After watching the latest episodes a few takeaways was mom having to convince MJ to meet with Nike and how fried and burned out MJ was during the 98 season.

I remain convinced that a 2nd 3peat was only possible because MJ took an 18 month leave after the first. I also remain convinced that no way they would have won in 94 and 95 nor would they have won in 99 if Krause had decided to bring everyone back. It takes a lot of you. Lots of hard work to reach the top and twice the hard work to stay there.
    I feel the same. No way they contain Olajuwon. He played out of his mind those 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I feel the same. No way they contain Olajuwon. He played out of his mind those 2 seasons.
    Man, Olajuwon doesn't get enough love in my opinion. Is there a better big man that moves more fluid than him. I used to practice that spin fade away he would do. Turns out, you get blocked a lot when your not 7feet tall

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart