Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas

Texas

Anyone been there? I would love to visit that state someday. You know what’s crazy is it takes about 14 hours to get across the whole state from El Paso to the Louisiana border. You have lots of great cities like Dallas, Houston, Abilene, Lubbock, Witchita Falls, Corpus Christi, Austin and San Antonio. I wonder what it looks like down there? Is it desert or more like Florida?

Re: Texas

I almost hit a cow in the middle of the road at 2am driving a uhaul to California for my first duty station.... 1 star, would not drive through again

Did spend a weekend on the Riverwalk in San Antonio awesome place. Actually watched the ravens block the Browns field goal at end of regulation and take it to the house for a walk off TD. Good times.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

I love Texas.

I've been to Texarkana, Dallas/Ft Worth, Austin, Waco, Houston, and San Antonio.

Dallas/Ft Worth is just like any major city. There is a lot to do.
    Houston is neat because it blends that Texas vibe with gulf culture. You definitely still get elements of that Bayou/Gulf culture in the food, weather, etc.
    Austin is a really cool spot for food, music, etc. It's a big college town (U of Texas), so there is a lot of hipster/liberal vibe there.
    Waco is a really pretty area and is still fairly agrarian.
    San Antonio has the River Walk and The Alamo, which was neat to see. IMO, San Antonio has more of that South West flavor.

I've not been to El Paso or Lubbock.

I've heard a lot of nice things about Texas beaches though like Galveston and San Pedro Island.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I almost hit a cow in the middle of the road at 2am driving a uhaul to California for my first duty station.... 1 star, would not drive through again

Did spend a weekend on the Riverwalk in San Antonio awesome place. Actually watched the ravens block the Browns field goal at end of regulation and take it to the house for a walk off TD. Good times.

You watched that game at the Riverwalk? When was this when you almost hit a cow there?

Been to Austin and San Antonio. Austin is one of my favorite cities. Great nightlife, food, music. Had the best Margarita I've ever had in SA

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    You watched that game at the Riverwalk? When was this when you almost hit a cow there?
    Almost hitting the cow was roughly late 2008.

But I was driving through Texas again going to California from Florida and we stopped and stayed the night there. Hotel room over looked the Alamo. Walked down to the Riverwalk and watch the game at some pub. Great time.

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

I live here now after leaving Germany. Retired here, it has pretty much everything from grass to desert. Moving from east to west. The south and east are humid and it rains a far amount. The west is dry and windy. The north is more regular but has crazy thunderstorms and tornadoes. Its actually q great place to live you pay not state income tax and cost of living is relatively low. If buying a house you definitely get more for your money

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I love Texas.

I've been to Texarkana, Dallas/Ft Worth, Austin, Waco, Houston, and San Antonio.

Dallas/Ft Worth is just like any major city. There is a lot to do.
    Houston is neat because it blends that Texas vibe with gulf culture. You definitely still get elements of that Bayou/Gulf culture in the food, weather, etc.
    Austin is a really cool spot for food, music, etc. It's a big college town (U of Texas), so there is a lot of hipster/liberal vibe there.
    Waco is a really pretty area and is still fairly agrarian.
    San Antonio has the River Walk and The Alamo, which was neat to see. IMO, San Antonio has more of that South West flavor.

I've not been to El Paso or Lubbock.

I've heard a lot of nice things about Texas beaches though like Galveston and San Pedro Island.
    Pretty much the exact same places I've been too. Might be going to Austin soon as flights are dirt cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Been to Austin and San Antonio. Austin is one of my favorite cities. Great nightlife, food, music. Had the best Margarita I've ever had in SA

My first impression of Austin was Leslie in stockings on mainstreet.

It was made during my first trip their for some vendor provided training in the early 2000s.

Lol. It was hard to process the legs with everything that was attached to and above them and reconcile it.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 05-04-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Is that picture of you holding up that Margarita in San Antonio LOL?

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Is that picture of you holding up that Margarita in San Antonio LOL?
    Hahaha no I sadly did not get a photo

Hahaha no I sadly did not get a photo

San Antonio turned great when the nicest girl visited there.