Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Re: Texas

Dallas is awesome. We were there in 2016 when our daughter was on the national club volleyball circuit (Terps coaches were scouting her). Lots to do, great food and friendly people. Very dog friendly; there was a dog park every few blocks. Also easy to get around on foot if you like to walk.

Can't remember the name of it, but we were in a really cool bar on the outskirts of Dallas. Place was outside with picnic tables, etc. You could bring your dog with you and the food/drinks were awesome

On our bucket list is Austin. My best friend from HS is the maestro of the ASO there. Knowing him, he'll probably invite us to a rehearsal, then put me on the spot by handing me the baton and making me lead the orchestra! He loves it there and said he'd probably turn down a better orchestra position to stay in Austin. We'd still have it on our bucket list even if we didn't have a friend there; all I hear about is what a great place it is. The South by Southwest Music Festival in Austin is a big deal.

Long haul trucker I used to know went everywhere and said Corpus Christi was his favorite of them all.

I'd start with Austin.

Galveston and Corpus are Great! Worked in an oil refinery in Galveston after Katrina. Great city. Great people.
    Corpus is a straight party town,Like South Padre. Gotta say.....in all the times I’ve been to Texas ...never seen an unattractive lady! Just beautiful women everywhere....and add that Texas accent!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is brining this scene to mind.

Great scene.

Blog Entries

Texas is a very good state to retire, very tax friendly. I've been to Padre Island and Corpus Christe. Friend of mine is having a home built in San Marcos, TX. He's originally from the Seattle area, but has lived in the MD/VA area for 30 plus years for work. His mom and sister now live near Austin.

Anyone been to Midland or Odessa? How bout Lubbock or Abilene?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Nope, but I bet they are warmer than Green Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Nope, but I bet they are warmer than Green Bay.
    Currently it’s 41 Degrees in Green Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Lubbock is cool. Midland is a really just a oil town shit hole. Never been to Odessa. I live in Abilene now that I retired from the Air Force. It a good town to raise family but not alot for young people to do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk