Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Lamar Wants AB: Can't Let This Snowball

I think you have way too many mouths to feed in Tampa to bring in a player like AB...especially when your QB is 42 and should probably be more middle of the league in pass attempts for 2020 instead of 4th like he was last year. I know Arians loves to pass but if Brady is over 600 attempts I don't think that's a good thing.

Dream teams also don't usually work...
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Until the league clears him, I guess this is all noise.
    It's so fucked up. Teams won't sign him until the league clears him – the league won't bother to suspend OR clear him if he's not on a roster – Catch 22.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    not a fan of BR but Arians has been pretty consistent that they're not signing AB. Until the league clears him, I guess this is all noise.
    something to talk about...
    The NFL needs to either suspend him or clear him. They've been investigating for almost a year. It's time to come to a decision. I am no fan of Antonio Brown but you can't just string him along forever. Make a damn decision NFL

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Tampa is pretty stacked already if they get AB they gonna be lethal
    Everyone was saying the exact same thing about Cleveland this time last year. Being "stacked" -- on paper -- in no way makes you lethal.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The NFL needs to either suspend him or clear him. They've been investigating for almost a year. It's time to come to a decision. I am no fan of Antonio Brown but you can't just string him along forever. Make a damn decision NFL
    I agree, I can't stand AB, few players actions have disgusted me like his over the last year and half or so but this is absolutely ridiculous and unfair by the league. They essentially have suspended him for 15 games from last year and have kept his career in complete limbo for the entire following season. Make their decision on action and then when it's served, let the teams make their decision on him.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I agree, I can't stand AB, few players actions have disgusted me like his over the last year and half or so but this is absolutely ridiculous and unfair by the league. They essentially have suspended him for 15 games from last year and have kept his career in complete limbo for the entire following season. Make their decision on action and then when it's served, let the teams make their decision on him.
    I agree as well, although it could not have happened to a nicer guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Anyone who's worked in the business world knows about the Twiddle Your Fingers Until The Problem Goes Away Routine.

Blog Entries

Question Re: Lamar Wants AB: Can't Let This Snowball

Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn
    I can't stand AB, few players actions have disgusted me like his over the last year and half or so but this is absolutely ridiculous and unfair by the league. They essentially have suspended him for 15 games from last year and have kept his career in complete limbo for the entire following season.
    I do not blame the NFL. I just don't know what's so hard about behaving properly, especially when there are million$ at stake. I know I'm "old school", but I did it for 44 years and are comfortably retired today. If I was making million$, and could retire in my 30's, I'd be as clean as a whistle for as long as my pro career lasted. What is difficult about that? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I just don't know what's so hard about behaving properly, especially when there are million$ at stake. I know I'm "old school", but I did it for 44 years and are comfortably retired today. If I was making million$, and could retire in my 30's, I'd be as clean as a whistle for as long as my pro career lasted. What is difficult about that?
    Mental illness. I think he's a CTE case.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I think I agree in this case.

Blog Entries

Mental illness is the likely source (not that I'm a medical man).

I think he's a CTE case. I will repeat that I'm no medical man, are you?

There is a 3rd possibility : he's just a guy who acts badly, to his own, and others detriment... Bc

Blog Entries

If that's the case, then he has to be willing to acknowledge that he has a problem and seek help. If he doesn't, that's on him, because self-accountability is exactly what mental health professionals will drill into him during treatment.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore