Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar Wants AB: Can't Let This Snowball

AB is a bad ass as a WR. And he’d most certainly be an asset. But ....he doesn’t fit this offense. That dude is used to being the Target! Period. Here he’s not EVER gonna get that. It’s not our “new” offense. And how willing is AB to block ? We ran the ball 56% of the time last year. Anyone really think that’s gonna change? We just used a 2nd round pick on a RB! Highly unlikely. AB just doesn’t fit here. Sorry Lamar. Play with your toys. Stop wishing for other ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antonio Browns will never ever be a Raven

Whenever someone posts a new "we should sign/trade for player X" thread Im'ma start saying Antonio Brown like Ravenswintitle says Ricky Proehl

LOL its not like Jackson is a vested veteran on the team, this will be his 3rd season, no way he has any influence on which players the front office signs

NO. The End

I don't even care much about his off the field stuff. We already have two short speedsters and generally throw in the middle of the field. AB is an upgrade, but at what cost?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Lamar Jackson is not Lebron James.

Jackson hasn’t earned a reputation of this immaturity you’re describing. He’s been a total pro at every turn. I’ll expect him to continue behaving that way until he gives me a reason not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Jackson hasn’t earned a reputation of this immaturity you’re describing. He’s been a total pro at every turn. I’ll expect him to continue behaving that way until he gives me a reason not to.
    This. I don’t care what posts he likes on social media, he’s been a professional to a degree that really belies his age.

AB is used to getting 100+ catches a season. I don't see it going well when he only catches 50-60 passes on the Ravens.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Harbaugh needs to sit him down (when they can) and point out that we don't have the cap for the money he wants and that he has been a huge distraction everywhere he has been.

"Lamar, we would love to have him as a WR but as a teammate, no thanks. And we can't afford him."

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    That was in the midst of the allegations and the situation was off the rails. Now things have settled down and the main lawsuit he's facing sounds like a big cash grab from a girl he had a consensual relationship with who saw him as a target to extort for money. I think AB is out of his fucking mind and I probably wouldn't sign him. But the picture is 100x more clear now than it was when the bullets were flying last season and nobody knew what the hell was going on with the legal side.

Nobody wanted to be in possession of him when the shit hit the fan. Seems like that bombshell never dropped and teams are at the very least discussing him now.
    Ahh, what in the hell are you talking about?! The State of Florida just brought criminal charges against him for burglary, battery & criminal mischief.

"The bombshell never dropped and things have calmed down", my ass. If by "things have calmed down", you mean he has miraculously managed to avoid doing something incredibly stupid and/or illegal for a whopping FOUR WHOLE MONTHS - so damn what? I don't even have the time or inclination to go back and list out all the insane, dangerous, and illegal shit he managed to do just in the last year, but the idea that somehow that's now just all in the past is ridiculous.

You're right about one thing - things are clearer for him now. And it's clear that the sexual assault allegations are the least of his worries. This guy is a mentally unbalanced nutjob. I hope he gets the help he needs. And I hope he gets that help as far the fuck away from my city and team as possible.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan