Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Lamar Wants AB: Can't Let This Snowball

Let's clear this up from the start, whether you as a fan think AB is insane, headcase, unstable, a ticking time bomb... Lamar wants him on the team, he had the quote before the draft saying "It's not up to me" but if you follow his social media he has continued to like posts about AB to the Ravens as has Hollywood. This isn't something Lamar said and forgot about, he is still actively pushing and hoping for that move to be made but not wanting to cross the line with his support and keeping it confined to "liking" other people's posts laying out his opinion for him.

If you know this front office then you know the odds of it happening are slim to none, virtually zero. The question becomes how do you keep this from snowballing into something bigger? Lamar is a super respectful kid, but what we do know about him is that he craves winning. The "Lamar can't win in the playoffs" thing is eating at him and you can tell. So what happens if he falls short in the playoffs again without AB? Especially against a team like KC that has offensive weapons coming out of their ears? How does Lamar take that criticism of not being able to beat Mahomes when deep down he knows that he is playing with the deck stacked against him and far less help?

I trust Lamar's character. But this stuff eats at him. He wants to win a Super Bowl more than anything. I do think it's naive to think that this AB situation that just seems like offseason chatter can't turn into something bigger down the road, it's my hope that EDC has a face-to-face with Lamar and lays it out for him why they can't do it. That way there isn't a silent disconnect and a chance at resentment later on if they fall short.

Re: Lamar Wants AB: Can't Let This Snowball

What do you mean snowball? Like him refuse to play or something? I don't really understand this, of course every qb wants more weapons, but it's not up to him... He's not the gm

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Yeah what are you talking about lol. He’s not gonna mutiny against the franchise lol. He wants AB, but he’s also a team-first kid. That will always take priority.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    What do you mean snowball? Like him refuse to play or something? I don't really understand this, of course every qb wants more weapons, but it's not up to him... He's not the gm

Like him resent the front office for not letting him play with a HOF caliber player that he's friends with and has a close tie to through Hollywood. If the front office is against it then they need to have a heart-to-heart with Lamar and explain why. Because if you follow him on social media you can see he is invested in this happening and will be really disappointed if the front office just brushes it aside and never really gives him an explanation. Most of the time the GM doesn't need to explain themselves to any player... but this feels like a unique situation where Lamar needs to be in the loop if/when they decide it's a bad idea

Blog Entries

He wanted Tyreek Hill last year and now Antonio Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Yeah what are you talking about lol. He’s not gonna mutiny against the franchise lol. He wants AB, but he’s also a team-first kid. That will always take priority.
    Resentment and mutiny are two different things my guy. AB could very well be the piece that decides them winning a Super Bowl or not and that is not hyperbole in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Like him resent the front office for not letting him play with a HOF caliber player that he's friends with and has a close tie to through Hollywood. If the front office is against it then they need to have a heart-to-heart with Lamar and explain why. Because if you follow him on social media you can see he is invested in this happening and will be really disappointed if the front office just brushes it aside and never really gives him an explanation. Most of the time the GM doesn't need to explain themselves to any player... but this feels like a unique situation where Lamar needs to be in the loop if/when they decide it's a bad idea
    Yeah, I’m sure they’ll just talk to him like a grown man and none of this will be a thing.

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Re: Lamar Wants AB: Can't Let This Snowball

... whether you as a fan think AB is insane, headcase, unstable, a ticking time bomb...
    Yes, yes, yes, and once again yes.

AB as a Raven = No... Bc

Just because a qb works out with a wr in the off season and likes him doesn't mean he will resent the FOfor not signing him. Lamar isn't dumb, he knows the situation with AB and he already knows this isn't his decision. Think your looking too much into it and making something out of nothing. Like I said, every qb wants more weapons, don't mean they will get them.

I have zero worries that Lamar will resent the front office because we don't sign a fucking lunatic

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    He wanted Tyreek Hill last year and now Antonio Brown.
    Wait, seriously? I don't remember that.

Corvus Invictus Eternus

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Yeah, I’m sure they’ll just talk to him like a grown man and none of this will be a thing.
    Most of the time the GM doesn't explain themselves to a player, they make the roster decisions with zero consultation to anyone besides the other front office execs, HC, and maybe the owner. I just hope EDC realizes that this is a scenario that is better off being talked about with Lamar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    Wait, seriously? I don't remember that.

Corvus Invictus Eternus
    Okay, I could be wrong, but it was definitely either Hill or Hunt.