Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown Larry

1. Re: Lockdown Larry

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Jebus Cripes. LMAO. With those horn rims, the hairdo and the purple suit, Hogan is looking more like 1/2 of a an old gay Manhattan power couple than the PG County redneck he is.

The transformation is nearly complete.

Re: Lockdown Larry

Not to stir up this little riot ....but as someone who crosses the Bay Bridge almost daily ...someone forgot to tell the Annapolis Blow Boaters that “recreational boating “ was banned. Cause every day it’s not raining out there are a minimum of 30-50 blow boats out in bay by the bridge. Now I’ve been an active boater/ Fisher for over 40 yrs ....and I’ve never seen anyone fishing from a blow boat.

With that tidbit ....back to your regularly scheduled word riot and outrage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Not to stir up this little riot ....but as someone who crosses the Bay Bridge almost daily ...someone forgot to tell the Annapolis Blow Boaters that “recreational boating “ was banned. Cause every day it’s not raining out there are a minimum of 30-50 blow boats out in bay by the bridge. Now I’ve been an active boater/ Fisher for over 40 yrs ....and I’ve never seen anyone fishing from a blow boat.

With that tidbit ....back to your regularly scheduled word riot and outrage.

Leave to Lax to miss the point! Must be the coffee from this morning

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Leave to Lax to miss the point! Must be the coffee from this morning
    I get the point. A lot of people wanna go back to “normal “. I get it. But the beauty of living in the Land Of The Free is ...if you don’t like how your being treated .....move. If Hogan pisses you off so bad ....move to the PRof Virginia. Land of Right to Work and over taxation. Or anywhere else. That’s the beauty. We’re free to do as we wish. If New Mexico opens back up ....move there! Don’t stand for Tyranny!!! Screw Hogan! Rise up and show him he’s NOT the boss of you!

And if I recall....the OG rant of this thread was “I can’t use my boat recreationally”. Right or wrong? So my point of stating the visual facts that sailboaters in Annapolis are out enjoying the bay def hits the point outa the park.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I get the point. A lot of people wanna go back to “normal “. I get it. But the beauty of living in the Land Of The Free is ...if you don’t like how your being treated .....move. If Hogan pisses you off so bad ....move to the PRof Virginia. Land of Right to Work and over taxation. Or anywhere else. That’s the beauty. We’re free to do as we wish. If New Mexico opens back up ....move there! Don’t stand for Tyranny!!! Screw Hogan! Rise up and show him he’s NOT the boss of you!

And if I recall....the OG rant of this thread was “I can’t use my boat recreationally”. Right or wrong? So my point of stating the visual facts that sailboaters in Annapolis are out enjoying the bay def hits the point outa the park.

The point is not I want to go back to normal. It's the government doesn't have the right to tell people what they can and can't do. Whether people are going out and boating and the "Rules" are being enforced or not, they still don't have the right to do some of what they're doing.

BTW - I live in North Carolina... I moved from Md 14 years ago. So... I don't have to be there to not like what the governor is doing to the citizens of Md... I am capable of thinking of what others are going through without having to go through it myself.

Blog Entries

"Lockdown Larry"??? I expected to log on and see something worth burning a few synapses reading. Instead it's more right wing bullshit criticizing someone who has done a very good job managing a crisis we have never seen the likes of. How stupid of me. Carry on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    "Lockdown Larry"??? I expected to log on and see something worth burning a few synapses reading. Instead it's more right wing bullshit criticizing someone who has done a very good job managing a crisis we have never seen the likes of. How stupid of me. Carry on.
    If by right wing bullshit you mean people upset about government overstepping their authority... thank you.

Like everything in politics...this entire thing is being seen 2 ways from 2 different perspectives.

On one hand...it’s Right Wing bullshit for people to be pissed off as the state enforces unconstitutional measures to limit what we’re allowed to do which in turn has destroyed the country economically.

On the other hand...if we don’t all stay inside and keep social distancing, the ramifications of this virus might get worse and more people will get sick which could lead to more deaths.

One of the above perspectives is based on what’s actually happening and the other is based on what might happen according to people who don’t have a solid record of being right so far.

Question: Why are people ok with pushing the Constitution aside because people can get sick? Shouldn’t we just quarantine the sick and not the healthy?

I remember when the Hong Kong protests were going on...some American girl, who was there, was caught on camera pleading with a protester about how ridiculous it was that the protesters cared more about their freedoms then being safe. To me, that example is the crux of the disconnect between the 2 different perspectives on this pandemic.

Here’s an article about that girl:
    https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2...reedom-safety/

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Like everything in politics...this entire thing is being seen 2 ways from 2 different perspectives.

On one hand...it’s Right Wing bullshit for people to be pissed off as the state enforces unconstitutional measures to limit what we’re allowed to do which in turn has destroyed the country economically.

On the other hand...if we don’t all stay inside and keep social distancing, the ramifications of this virus might get worse and more people will get sick which could lead to more deaths.

One of the above perspectives is based on what’s actually happening and the other is based on what might happen according to people who don’t have a solid record of being right so far.

Question: Why are people ok with pushing the Constitution aside because people can get sick? Shouldn’t we just quarantine the sick and not the healthy?

I remember when the Hong Kong protests were going on...some American girl, who was there, was caught on camera pleading with a protester about how ridiculous it was that the protesters cared more about their freedoms then being safe. To me, that example is the crux of the disconnect between the 2 different perspectives on this pandemic.

Here’s an article about that girl:
    https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2...reedom-safety/
    This entire Covid lockdown perfectly points out the generalizations.

The left is happy with the lockdown. The left wants to be told what to do

The right is concerned about the constitution and freedoms.

Enough said

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    This entire Covid lockdown perfectly points out the generalizations.

The left is happy with the lockdown. The left wants to be told what to do

The right is concerned about the constitution and freedoms.

Enough said

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BuryRaven View Post
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    Great Franklin quote

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I'll bet you still have a job and health insurance don't you? Just asking.