Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown Larry

Re: Lockdown Larry

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I get that, but the point still stands. It's a lot easier to "ask" a population of a few million people (especially in a few specific regions) to socially distance themselves versus the 331 billion people in the USA.

It's just A LOT of people dispersed across a HUGE country.

I definitely want Maryland to start easing up. I want most states to start easing up.

I just don't see a good solution one way or the other.

Let's say Maryland relaxes everything and then you have another major flare up in Baltimore in July and the hospitals get flooded. What then? Lock down again?

I dont know. It's hard. I definitely wouldn't want to be the one in charge right now. There are no good choices.
    Did the hospitals really get overwhelmed or were they projectin to be overwhelmed

Blog Entries

I get that, but the point still stands. It's a lot easier to "ask" a population of a few million people (especially in a few specific regions) to socially distance themselves versus the 331 billion people in the USA.

It's just A LOT of people dispersed across a HUGE country.

I definitely want Maryland to start easing up. I want most states to start easing up.

I just don't see a good solution one way or the other.

Let's say Maryland relaxes everything and then you have another major flare up in Baltimore in July and the hospitals get flooded. What then? Lock down again?

I dont know. It's hard. I definitely wouldn't want to be the one in charge right now. There are no good choices.
    For me, I think the articles blueridge posted are very important. It's not just do I want states to ease up, I don't think they have the right to do some of what they're doing.

I think I saw 1 in 6 fear going out in public even after things are "back to normal". I'd imagine another 2 to 3 are going to take precautions and there's probably 1 that doesn't care. My guess... it's probably not that different than what's going on with the lockdowns. Point being, I think this could have been managed better with guidelines and recommendations than pretending our rights can be out on pause.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Did the hospitals really get overwhelmed or were they projectin to be overwhelmed
    Some hospitals were definitely hit hard.

Others, not so much.

Seems like it is pretty regional. My comment about hospitals in Baltimore was more hypothetical, but when talking about policies to handle these types of situations, one has to consider hypotheticals.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    For me, I think the articles blueridge posted are very important. It's not just do I want states to ease up, I don't think they have the right to do some of what they're doing.

I think I saw 1 in 6 fear going out in public even after things are "back to normal". I'd imagine another 2 to 3 are going to take precautions and there's probably 1 that doesn't care. My guess... it's probably not that different than what's going on with the lockdowns. Point being, I think this could have been managed better with guidelines and recommendations than pretending our rights can be out on pause.
    I dont disagree. But what happens when you have the restaurant/bar that stays open and then it gets crowded? Someone that has COVID, but is asymptomatic or generally feels ok goes into that bar? Literally everyone in there is potentially compromised and we just aren't in a good enough spot to do effective contact tracing yet.

True Story -

HUP (U Penn Hospital in Philly) said they're not doing contact tracing for confirmed COVID cases because they don't have the resources to do it. Now, UPenn is a pretty good hospital. So, imagine what other hospitals around the country are doing regarding contact tracing.

It's really pretty eye opening how ill-prepared we are as a country to deal with something like this.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I dont disagree. But what happens when you have the restaurant/bar that stays open and then it gets crowded? Someone that has COVID, but is asymptomatic or generally feels ok goes into that bar? Literally everyone in there is potentially compromised and we just aren't in a good enough spot to do effective contact tracing yet.
    Like you said, no perfect answer. The one thing I heard a democrat say recently that I could believe I agreed with one(!) was. Our democracy is greater than anyone of us. Or as Reagan said "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction" and the more we're okay with little steps however "temporary" they be be, the closer we get to losing it

True Story -

HUP (U Penn Hospital in Philly) said they're not doing contact tracing for confirmed COVID cases because they don't have the resources to do it. Now, UPenn is a pretty good hospital. So, imagine what other hospitals around the country are doing regarding contact tracing.

It's really pretty eye opening how ill-prepared we are as a country to deal with something like this.
    Well, you never know what to prepare for until you find out you're not prepared for it. You know.. "you don't know what you don't know until you know you don't know it"

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Cummings was a congressman. That's not on the statewide ballot. It's per district.
    That's the point I was making.

Our senators are more moderate but that's true with a lot of states. You get down to the district level and that's where you see the fringe characters/whackjobs.
    None of the (Maryland) senators have been moderate in my adult lifetime List the number of times any MD senator sided with the gop.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Just be smart and continue social distancing as best as you can when going out in public buildings. Wear your masks. If you want to stay home in a curled up fetal position till there's a vaccine, knock yourself out. It's your choice. Life goes on. But I would not bother reopening schools this year here in Maryland after all this time. Why bother?
    Just be smart. If you are scared, wear a mask. If you don’t feel good, stay home. But making people do things are are meaningless, just to force power, is stupid. The masks do little to nothing. Seriously, people are walking around with see through bandanas. Does anything think that it will stop the spread? And this virus is not much more contagious than other viruses. All of the models have been significantly wrong. But lockdown Larry is doubling down. It’s time to get a petition going to recall him.

Some hospitals were definitely hit hard.

Others, not so much.

Seems like it is pretty regional. My comment about hospitals in Baltimore was more hypothetical, but when talking about policies to handle these types of situations, one has to consider hypotheticals.
    What hospitals outside of NYC were hit hard? AAMC just furloughed 1000 people last week.

9. Re: Lockdown Larry

I'm not sure if it's a state thing or federal, but I did hear somewhere that funds were being allocated (?) to initiate contact tracing. Here is a snippet from this area, looking to hire for that.

https://www.communitycarenc.org/caro...-collaborative

True Story -

What you do, is allow it to happen. At some point, we will realize that we have two options

Either stay inside, away from anyone else, hoping that we get a vaccine that prevents this. History tells is that it usually takes Several years for this to happen. But there is no guarantee that we will ever have a vaccine

Or, option two. Just go out and about. Get exposed. And understand that if you don’t have a serious condition, there is a 1% chance that you will get sick and feel bad for a few weeks. There is even a smaller chance that you will die.

If people lived their lives as if they choose option one for everything, nothing would ever get accomplished. In reality, your chance of dying from anything other than Covid, are much higher.

11. Re: Lockdown Larry

Lockdown Larry don't play that shit, homie!!

https://nypost.com/2020/04/30/maryla...g-coronavirus/

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Lockdown Larry don't play that shit, homie!!

https://nypost.com/2020/04/30/maryla...g-coronavirus/
    Jebus Cripes. LMAO. With those horn rims, the hairdo and the purple suit, Hogan is looking more like 1/2 of a an old gay Manhattan power couple than the PG County redneck he is.

The transformation is nearly complete.