Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown Larry

Blog Entries

Re: Lockdown Larry

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Hogan has zero chance in hell of getting elected president. He will not move the needle with the base/coalition Trump built. He will just be more Rhino noise. Any moderate candidate or candidate that is anywhere to the right of Che Guevera would beat him handily.
    I agree, but that's a separate point from what/why he's doing what he's doing. For YEARS and even now, a lot of Republicans try to get accepted by the media, that's why they always fold under pressure. Hogan just seems to be getting out ahead of that.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I agree, but that's a separate point from what/why he's doing what he's doing. For YEARS and even now, a lot of Republicans try to get accepted by the media, that's why they always fold under pressure. Hogan just seems to be getting out ahead of that.
    Lockdown Larry hasnt really done much to align with the GOP. He is more of a moderate dem. He ran on the GOP because KKT was a lock for the dem ticket. Running as a rep was his only chance. Since he has been in office, he has done very little for conservatives.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Do you read what you type? You are happy that you lockdown Larry allowed you to buy a grill?

We have 1000 deaths over a three month period and 500 are from hospice. The other 500 are mostly elderly that were already ill. This action is so overblown.

In the beginning, we were told the social distance was to extend the curve. Then we were told the lockdown was the extend the curve. The science and facts are telling us the lockdown isn’t needed anymore.

He is drunk with power
    You're reading way too much into all of this.

He didn't allow me to buy a grill. I bought one because I wanted to. My point was that in several other states, people can't even do that.

Sounds to me like you are really just mad because you couldn't go on your boat.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 04-30-2020 at 04:06 PM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Actually, this delay is worse. It’s false hope. The seniors on my sons lacrosse team are still thinking they might have a season. The proms have been cancelled, so school won’t happen. Geeze, if lockdown Larry won’t let people social distance on a boat, do you really think he would allow 30 kids in a classroom???

He is behind on the facts. Most other states are relaxing the stay at
    Home. Lockdown Larry is ignoring the fact that 98% of the people in this state won’t have symptoms and won’t get sick.
    I think if you compare Maryland to everywhere else, you're never going to be happy.

This isn't an ideal situation any way you slice it. Just because some states are relaxing things now doesn't mean that Maryland should.

You're acting like the guy is the equivalent to the femme-Nazi in Michigan. I just don't agree with your assessment on that.

Serious question - if the Maryland health authorities...or the NIH (which is in Maryland) were to come at Hogan and say it's all good, you can relax now...do you really think he would say No? Continue the Lockdown!

I dont.

NIH is the fed? Right? And the fed is lifting the stay at home this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You're reading way too much into all of this.

He didn't allow me to buy a grill. I bought one because I wanted to. My point was that in several other states, people can't even do that.
    Hogan benefits in the here and now based on the fact his actions support the Democratic narrative and he's perceived to be putting a lick or two on Trump but that's not the same as being "the guy" for Republicans in a general election national ballot. I still can't believe Hogan beat Brown. I give the state credit for not voting party line and putting him in over Jealous. Maryland is a socially liberal and open minded state but we seem to steer away from putting radicals in statewide office which is good. At the congressional level some of our districts promote crazies. Jamie Raskin is a flaming screwball for instance.

Blog Entries

Hogan benefits in the here and now based on the fact his actions support the Democratic narrative and he's perceived to be putting a lick or two on Trump but that's not the same as being "the guy" for Republicans in a general election national ballot. I still can't believe Hogan beat Brown. I give the state credit for not voting party line and putting him in over Jealous. Maryland is a socially liberal and open minded state but we seem to steer away from putting radicals in statewide office which is good. At the congressional level some of our districts promote crazies. Jamie Raskin is a flaming screwball for instance.
    True.

I dont think Hogan would fare well in a Presidential election. He's probably a lot more palatable for moderate, independent voters, but what has he really done that he can hang his hat on?

What????

O’Malley was a radical
    Cummings was a radical
    And his replacement is a radical

Maryland has its fair share of radicals

Blog Entries

Hogan was fortunate that he was running against OweMalley's sidekick Brown. Even Democrats were sick and tired of them raising taxes and fees on everything in site(I seem to remember a list of 23 separate extra fees or taxes during his term). Hogan ran a very good campaign, pointing this out. Brown ran a very negative campaign and came across as not too bright. Soon after elected, Hogan came down with cancer, battled it while still working and his approval ratings soared and has stayed unusually high for a Republican in Maryland. I'll give him credit for keeping taxes pretty much where they were, lowering tolls and costs of an Easy pass, which he did especially for the Eastern Shore folks who really supported him. What is weird is Hogan is a former businessman, buts has disagreed with Trump on several business friendly policies. I believe he has outlawed any fracking taking place in Maryland. He is also a climate change ally. He has made himself a media darling because he didn't vote for Trump and is vocal about disagreeing with Trump. That right there gets you instant stardom till the Democrats/MSM get tired of you and someone better comes along and they will kick him to the curb like Stormy Daniels and all the rest of the flavors of the week. Compared to Omalley, Hogan has been a very good governor, but I can't say his policies are considered conservative. With a democrat heavy state like Maryland, his hands are pretty much tied. He is against Sanctuary cities but several of Maryland Counties are sanctuary counties under his watch. Would I vote for him as president in 2024, I highly doubt it. i'm pulling for Nicki Haley if indeed she runs. I think she would make an excellent candidate. I hope to be moved out of Maryland by the time his term is up cause I don't see another Republican Governor replacing him in 2022.
    Last edited by CarrollCoRaven; 04-30-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Hogan was fortunate that he was running against OweMalley's sidekick Brown. Even Democrats were sick and tired of them raising taxes and fees on everything in site(I seem to remember a list of 23 separate extra fees or taxes during his term). Hogan ran a very good campaign, pointing this out. Brown ran a very negative campaign and came across as not too bright. Soon after elected, Hogan came down with cancer, battled it while still working and his approval ratings soared and has stayed unusually high for a Republican in Maryland. I'll give him credit for keeping taxes pretty much where they were, lowering tolls and costs of an Easy pass, which he did especially for the Eastern Shore folks who really supported him. What is weird is Hogan is a former businessman, buts has disagreed with Trump on several business friendly policies. I believe he has outlawed any fracking taking place in Maryland. He is also a climate change ally. He has made himself a media darling because he didn't vote for Trump and is vocal about disagreeing with Trump. That right there gets you instant stardom till the Democrats/MSM get tired of you and someone better comes along and they will kick him to the curb like Stormy Daniels and all the rest of the flavors of the week. Compared to Omalley, Hogan has been a very good governor, but I can't say his policies are considered conservative. With a democrat heavy state like Maryland, his hands are pretty much tied. He is against Sanctuary cities but several of Maryland Counties are sanctuary counties under his watch. Would I vote for him as president in 2024, I highly doubt it. i'm pulling for Nicki Haley if indeed she runs. I think she would make an excellent candidate. I hope to be moved out of Maryland by the time his term is up cause I don't see another Republican Governor replacing him in 2022.
    I wouldn’t even vote for him for gov again

11. Re: Lockdown Larry

It seems the RINO in charge up there is making a name for himself, for sure.

https://www.conservativereview.com/n...-50RE7xM1a34Z8

https://www.conservativereview.com/n...society-never/
    Last edited by blueridgemtnman; 05-01-2020 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    It seems the RINO in charge up there is making a name for himself, for sure.

https://www.conservativereview.com/n...-50RE7xM1a34Z8

https://www.conservativereview.com/n...society-never/
    Looks like legit reason for impeachment.

Makes you wonder why the Michigan gov did a 180. Maybe someone told her that she was trashing the constitution