Page 1 of 19 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown Larry

Lockdown Larry

This guy is drunk with power. Maryland is the only state that won’t allow recreational boating. This makes no sense at all. The marinas that serve fuel are open. People are working there. There is no logical explanation for not allowing boating.

It’s time to seriously consider having this guy removed from office. Soon as Michigan started a recall petition, the out of control governor started listening to the people
    The Ohio gov ordered everyone to wear masks while out. The citizens responded by saying that was a dumb idea, and the governor changed the plan two days later.
    But lockdown Larry won’t listen to citizens. He won’t listen to common sense. He is just trying to cripple this economy and hold power over the citizens, hoping to get more federal funding

Recall lockdown Larry. Open Maryland, and free the citizens from this slavery

Blog Entries

Re: Lockdown Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    This guy is drunk with power. Maryland is the only state that won’t allow recreational boating. This makes no sense at all. The marinas that serve fuel are open. People are working there. There is no logical explanation for not allowing boating.

It’s time to seriously consider having this guy removed from office. Soon as Michigan started a recall petition, the out of control governor started listening to the people
    The Ohio gov ordered everyone to wear masks while out. The citizens responded by saying that was a dumb idea, and the governor changed the plan two days later.
    But lockdown Larry won’t listen to citizens. He won’t listen to common sense. He is just trying to cripple this economy and hold power over the citizens, hoping to get more federal funding

Recall lockdown Larry. Open Maryland, and free the citizens from this slavery
    Power needs power...

Seriously, I get precaution and safety to protect people but there are definitely some politicians that are taking advantage of this situation, or at least taking it way to far.

Blog Entries

I actually think Hogan has done a decent job all things considered. He is still permitting restaurants to stay open for take out and delivery. Grocery stores are still busy. A lot of businesses are still open - I just bought a grill last Friday. How is that essential at all?

I can go to Home Depot now. I can go to Lowes. I can go get food from Buffalo Wild Wings. I can go to the FedEx store to ship things.

I am very much looking forward to getting back to normal, but I can't find too much to complain about with how Hogan has handled this situation. He's just dealing with a state that has two major metropolitan areas in it and the state itself is pretty small. If you look at the state's department of health website for COVID stats, in general, Maryland is doing a pretty good job for it being right in between NYC, Philly, and DC and also having a major US city.

The one thing I am really annoyed at is they closed the recycling center/county landfill to commercial use. I probably make a trip there a few times per month for any number of things...large recycling items that don't fit in the blue recycling bins....home improvement projects...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I actually think Hogan has done a decent job all things considered. He is still permitting restaurants to stay open for take out and delivery. Grocery stores are still busy. A lot of businesses are still open - I just bought a grill last Friday. How is that essential at all?

I can go to Home Depot now. I can go to Lowes. I can go get food from Buffalo Wild Wings. I can go to the FedEx store to ship things.

I am very much looking forward to getting back to normal, but I can't find too much to complain about with how Hogan has handled this situation. He's just dealing with a state that has two major metropolitan areas in it and the state itself is pretty small. If you look at the state's department of health website for COVID stats, in general, Maryland is doing a pretty good job for it being right in between NYC, Philly, and DC and also having a major US city.

The one thing I am really annoyed at is they closed the recycling center/county landfill to commercial use. I probably make a trip there a few times per month for any number of things...large recycling items that don't fit in the blue recycling bins....home improvement projects...
    The problem for me is it’s being seen as “ I’m allowed” to go here or do “X”.

I’m just not a fan of one person arbitrarily deciding what I’m allowed to go and do.

I think Hogan had done a very good job considering all the things Wicked said. I do agree that they should open up recreational boating, but I also understand the concern. Yes, if you do it properly and it is just you and family it is a great way to get out and enjoy the outdoors with social distancing almost by default. I'm sure the concern is requiring monitoring of an area the size of the Chesapeake with all it's little bays, coves, tributaries to ensure people aren't tying up and drinking all day like they do at a lot of sites. As with most things, it's the few jackasses that ruin it for the rest of the people.

Blog Entries

Hogan is very fortunate that there are a ton of Federal workers in Maryland who many are told to stay home but are getting paid, whether or not they are able to work at home or not. He would be hearing a lot more griping if they were not getting paid. For the record, you are allowed to take your boat out in Maryland if you are using it to put fish on the table and feed your family. I've heard about several guys who have been out in the bay fishing who have been stopped by DNR and asked what they were doing out there and were left to continue. I suggest you bring a few fishing rods with you to cover your ass. The only reason I have not been out fishing yet is due to the horrible weather we have had this spring. Cool, windy and/or rainy all spring are not prime boating conditions. But I'm right there with you as far as allowing recreational boating. It's one of the best ways to get outside and distance yourself from everyone else and get a little exercise. I can't even go to the reservoir up the street and launch my little boat which I paid $60/year for that privilege. Time for me to request a pro rated refund since I'm not allowed to launch right now. Come on Hogan, grow a pair and give us a few crumbs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    The problem for me is it’s being seen as “ I’m allowed” to go here or do “X”.

I’m just not a fan of one person arbitrarily deciding what I’m allowed to go and do.
    I dont think Hogan is arbitrarily just making decisions on a whim. It's a balance. Again, he has two major metropolitan areas to content with in a small state. He is very plugged into the NIH and listening to what his health department officials are telling him and making decisions based on those things. That's what a governor is supposed to do.

We took our kids to the high school and played basketball and let them ride their bikes yesterday in the outdoor area. I went for a walk last week at Gambrills Mills.

Unlike other states, Hogan hasn't totally cancelled school for the rest of the academic year (Virginia did this as did New York). Right now, schools are closed until May 15 and they're planning to re-evaluate then. I'm not holding out hope that my kids are going to go back to school this academic year, but at least they're taking an approach that is constantly re-evaluating it.

I guess I don't really feel that restricted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Hogan is very fortunate that there are a ton of Federal workers in Maryland who many are told to stay home but are getting paid, whether or not they are able to work at home or not.
    This is a really good point.

Do you read what you type? You are happy that you lockdown Larry allowed you to buy a grill?

We have 1000 deaths over a three month period and 500 are from hospice. The other 500 are mostly elderly that were already ill. This action is so overblown.

In the beginning, we were told the social distance was to extend the curve. Then we were told the lockdown was the extend the curve. The science and facts are telling us the lockdown isn’t needed anymore.

He is drunk with power

I dont think Hogan is arbitrarily just making decisions on a whim. It's a balance. Again, he has two major metropolitan areas to content with in a small state. He is very plugged into the NIH and listening to what his health department officials are telling him and making decisions based on those things. That's what a governor is supposed to do.

We took our kids to the high school and played basketball and let them ride their bikes yesterday in the outdoor area. I went for a walk last week at Gambrills Mills.

Unlike other states, Hogan hasn't totally cancelled school for the rest of the academic year (Virginia did this as did New York). Right now, schools are closed until May 15 and they're planning to re-evaluate then. I'm not holding out hope that my kids are going to go back to school this academic year, but at least they're taking an approach that is constantly re-evaluating it.

I guess I don't really feel that restricted.
    Actually, this delay is worse. It’s false hope. The seniors on my sons lacrosse team are still thinking they might have a season. The proms have been cancelled, so school won’t happen. Geeze, if lockdown Larry won’t let people social distance on a boat, do you really think he would allow 30 kids in a classroom???

He is behind on the facts. Most other states are relaxing the stay at
    Home. Lockdown Larry is ignoring the fact that 98% of the people in this state won’t have symptoms and won’t get sick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Actually, this delay is worse. It’s false hope. The seniors on my sons lacrosse team are still thinking they might have a season. The proms have been cancelled, so school won’t happen. Geeze, if lockdown Larry won’t let people social distance on a boat, do you really think he would allow 30 kids in a classroom???

He is behind on the facts. Most other states are relaxing the stay at
    Home. Lockdown Larry is ignoring the fact that 98% of the people in this state won’t have symptoms and won’t get sick.
    I think Carroll hit the nail on the head. Larry has a lot of federal employees he doesn’t have to worry about pushing back on these lockdowns cause they’re still getting paid. Meanwhile since he’s being an authoritarian the media is loving him. I think a lot of this is to boost his stock for 2024 for POTUS

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think Carroll hit the nail on the head. Larry has a lot of federal employees he doesn’t have to worry about pushing back on these lockdowns cause they’re still getting paid. Meanwhile since he’s being an authoritarian the media is loving him. I think a lot of this is to boost his stock for 2024 for POTUS
    Hogan has zero chance in hell of getting elected president. He will not move the needle with the base/coalition Trump built. He will just be more Rhino noise. Any moderate candidate or candidate that is anywhere to the right of Che Guevera would beat him handily.