Page 5 of 112 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Still Don't Get it it at WR

Quote Originally Posted by ricanravengirl View Post
    This thread makes my head hurt.

Why mortgage the future of the franchise when you have essentially a super young, super talented team, to trade for a what?...a position that is secondary in the offensive scheme of the team. #priorities

Also, it’s not like the team was WR away from beating the Titans. So yeah.
    Tell that to Seth Roberts who dropped a walk in TD that put us right back in the game and swings the momentum drastically

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Which is great longer term outlook. Boykin/Duvernay will take some time to become impact makers (If they ever do, fingers crossed). But for a team right on the cusp of a SB you would like to see them push their chips to the center of the table a bit more at WR.

Again, similar minded teams to us like SF and BUF pushed those chips in the center because they felt like they were really close and just needed a bit more juice in the passing game even though that is far from being their overall identity as a team. You don't get to say "No, we run the ball and play defense, doesn't apply to us". You need to have a bunch of quality pass catchers.
    I mean, yes, ideally you want a high end player at every position. But if you want to argue that it’s smart to go all out and maybe trade up for a Wide Receiver, well I’d argue that ILB was a much bigger need totally bereft of playmakers, which theoretically would help the team more. Couple that with the fact that we didn’t have to package picks to move up for a guy like CeeDee and we also got an instant impact player in the form of Dobbins. We lost that playoff game because the Defense couldn’t stop the run, and Ingram got hurt. Would you really take Lamb over those 2 additions? I wouldn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Miles Boykin is going to be the second outside WR. He would have to make strides just to reach Seth Roberts level.
    That's true, but I'm betting this post will be controversial. A lot of Ravens fans are always absurdly optimistic about our drafted players, until they aren't. I suppose that's just their sunny, positive natures at work.

(In saying this, I'm not saying Boykin won't improve, just that he's got a way to go. He might make it. He might not.)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

Winner winner chicken dinner. I suppose a wide receiver would have been able to tackle Derrick Henry...
    The notion that the Ravens lost that game from not being able to tackle Derrick Henry is absurd and I cringe every time it's blindly repeated. We averaged 21 PPG and scored 12, yeah Derrick Henry though huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I mean, yes, ideally you want a high end player at every position. But if you want to argue that it’s smart to go all out and maybe trade up for a Wide Receiver, well I’d argue that ILB was a much bigger need totally bereft of playmakers, which theoretically would help the team more. Couple that with the fact that we didn’t have to package picks to move up for a guy like CeeDee and we also got an instant impact player in the form of Dobbins. We lost that playoff game because the Defense couldn’t stop the run, and Ingram got hurt. Would you really take Lamb over those 2 additions? I wouldn’t.
    Defense not stopping the run made our offense score 12 points at home, got it.

Which is great longer term outlook. Boykin/Duvernay will take some time to become impact makers (If they ever do, fingers crossed). But for a team right on the cusp of a SB you would like to see them push their chips to the center of the table a bit more at WR.

Again, similar minded teams to us like SF and BUF pushed those chips in the center because they felt like they were really close and just needed a bit more juice in the passing game even though that is far from being their overall identity as a team. You don't get to say "No, we run the ball and play defense, doesn't apply to us". You need to have a bunch of quality pass catchers.
    SF is a weird choice. Yeah they gave up a mid-round pick for Sanders but they also let him walk after using him as a two month rental. And I love Sanders but he’s hardly the “Number One WR” you’re clamoring for. As they currently stand Hollywood>Aiyuk and every other WR on their team imo.

Can’t say the Bills weren’t aggressive but they’re also a hell of a lot more than a Stefon Diggs away from being actual contenders unless Allen takes like three steps forward and giving up five picks including a first for an expensive veteran who isn’t enough to put you over the top is a great way to slam your window shut much sooner than was necessary.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I’m just gonna keep posting this every time sf insists we can’t play from behind.

We had very few chances to, and one of the times we did we nearly came back from down three scores in the 4th quarter on the road against the SB champions. Fact is it’s hard for ANY team to come back from down two scores in the second half, no matter how their offense is constructed.
    Some day you might respond to this lol

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    The top four teams in passing yards, and seven of the top ten, did not even make the playoffs. Two of the bottom seven did. There is more to winning football games than slinging the ball all over the field to WRs.
    I literally never said any of this, that's a total strawman.
    That's great that he led the league in passing TD's. They also had the lowest WR receiving yds in the entire NFL.
    I have been banging on this drum since 2013, since the old Ravens boards, and to this day I still think this team finds excuse after excuse not to properly address the position for the modern NFL.
    Maybe the Ravens are the modern NFL. You know, the kind that wins games and competes for championships, not the kind that accumulates passing stats.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Miles Boykin is going to be the second outside WR. He would have to make strides just to reach Seth Roberts level.
    Mike Boykin is DK Metcalf minus targets.

The notion that the Ravens lost that game from not being able to tackle Derrick Henry is absurd and I cringe every time it's blindly repeated. We averaged 21 PPG and scored 12, yeah Derrick Henry though huh?
    I agree with this completely. That said...

The notion that the Titans figured us out and shut down the offense is absurd and I cringe every time it’s blindly repeated. We had more than 500 yards of offense. We moved the ball against their defense with ease, but an interception that bounced off Mark Andrews’s hands in the red zone, a fumble, and a bunch of 4th down and short stuffs kept us from scoring.

Add like three total yards at choice spots, even out the weird bounces, and change nothing else, and we score like 30+ that game.

(I’m pretty sure we averaged a lot more than 21 ppg btw lol)

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    SF is a weird choice. Yeah they gave up a mid-round pick for Sanders but they also let him walk after using him as a two month rental. And I love Sanders but he’s hardly the “Number One WR” you’re clamoring for. As they currently stand Hollywood>Aiyuk and every other WR on their team imo.

Can’t say the Bills weren’t aggressive but they’re also a hell of a lot more than a Stefon Diggs away from being actual contenders unless Allen takes like three steps forward and giving up five picks including a first for an expensive veteran who isn’t enough to put you over the top is a great way to slam your window shut much sooner than was necessary.

Also

Some day you might respond to this lol
    Deebo > Hollywood
    Aiyuk > Snead
    Kittle > Andrews

They have been far more aggressive than us making sure Jimmy G has enough weapons and also have a phenomenal running game and defense

Dude, they were down 14-6 at halftime and got the ball in the 2nd half against Tennessee, they had opportunity after opportunity to play from behind in the smallest sense of the phrase and they absolutely didn't have the juice to do it through the air against a good defense.

Blog Entries

Oh yeah, Lamar had a shitty game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Mike Boykin is DK Metcalf minus targets.
    James Proche is Jarvis Landry, Duvernay is Deebo... Tim White is Victor Cruz, Campanaro is Edelman, Jaleel Scott is Kenny Golladay

We play this game as good as anyone.