Page 4 of 112 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Still Don't Get it it at WR

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Great, that's all I'm saying. They are one high end WR addition away as a team, not just on offense. This post is just laying out their history of not being aggressive in finding an answer and trying to have things land in their lap like Hollywood falling to them or SSS getting cut.

The 49ers are a run/defense team and got aggressive solving their WR position in the last 2 years, as has Buffalo who is another run/defense minded team. Chiefs had to take a ton of risks to build their weapons up for Mahomes, the aggressive teams get problems solved at that position and the "wait and see" teams never do.
    I'd also add in Denver. They are really giving lock some weapons. I just think in the way our offense is and it's designed, maybe they feel they don't need to use high draft capital on pieces they feel they can just add in. Seth Robert's should easily be replaced by Duv, Boykin, proche...

I get what your saying in a sense. Was just giving ya shit. You make valid points

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    And the premise that if we ever get down 10 points against the Chiefs the game is over is completely flawed too. Week 3 before this team even really hit its stride we were down three scores in the 4th quarter at Arrowhead (23-6 at halftime and 30-13 after three quarters) we outscored them 15-3 (despite two failed 2 point conversions) and got them to 3rd and 9 down just 33-28 with 1:51 left.

Nevermind the fact that the offense is dominant enough that they rarely have to play from behind (which I would say is a good thing lol) the idea that this offense can’t possibly play from behind isn’t even accurate.
    I’m just gonna keep posting this every time sf insists we can’t play from behind.

We had very few chances to, and one of the times we did we nearly came back from down three scores in the 4th quarter on the road against the SB champions. Fact is it’s hard for ANY team to come back from down two scores in the second half, no matter how their offense is constructed.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    The top four teams in passing yards, and seven of the top ten, did not even make the playoffs. Two of the bottom seven did. There is more to winning football games than slinging the ball all over the field to WRs.
    I literally never said any of this, that's a total strawman. We aren't changing our offensive philosophy, that is obvious, nor should they. But when they get put in a hole it doesn't work. You solve that by having high quality pass catchers who can make the required plays to get you back in the game. Expecting a silky smooth playoff run where we run the ball down everyone's throat and sit on our defense is incredibly unrealistic.

First round pick last year
    Third round pick last year
    Third round pick this year

What’s the problem? DeCosta over his 2 years has spent more draft capital on WRs than any other position!

Great, that's all I'm saying. They are one high end WR addition away as a team, not just on offense. This post is just laying out their history of not being aggressive in finding an answer and trying to have things land in their lap like Hollywood falling to them or SSS getting cut.

The 49ers are a run/defense team and got aggressive solving their WR position in the last 2 years, as has Buffalo who is another run/defense minded team. Chiefs had to take a ton of risks to build their weapons up for Mahomes, the aggressive teams get problems solved at that position and the "wait and see" teams never do.
    So you honestly don't believe that a first and two thirds in two years is in anyway trying to get stronger at a position? That's your take on all of this?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I’m just gonna keep posting this every time sf insists we can’t play from behind.

We had very few chances to, and one of the times we did we nearly came back from down three scores in the 4th quarter on the road against the SB champions. Fact is it’s hard for ANY team to come back from down two scores in the second half, no matter how their offense is constructed.
    You might want to put it in your sig quote then.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I wanted Mims more than any other poster here did. ...
    ...That's not "ignoring the offense". It's the opposite of that.
    I think I might have stumped for Mims even more than you.

I didn't say they "ignored the offense" so I'm not sure why you put it in quotes.

I did say that they didn't try to build an 'undefendable offense,' which is true. All the free agent signings and the first round pick were on defense (though they did draft some offense too).

I literally never said any of this, that's a total strawman. We aren't changing our offensive philosophy, that is obvious, nor should they. But when they get put in a hole it doesn't work. You solve that by having high quality pass catchers who can make the required plays to get you back in the game. Expecting a silky smooth playoff run where we run the ball down everyone's throat and sit on our defense is incredibly unrealistic.
    That was fast

This thread makes my head hurt.

Why mortgage the future of the franchise when you have essentially a super young, super talented team, to trade for a what?...a position that is secondary in the offensive scheme of the team. #priorities

Also, it’s not like the team was WR away from beating the Titans. So yeah.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ricanravengirl View Post
    This thread makes my head hurt.

Why mortgage the future of the franchise when you have essentially a super young, super talented team, to trade for a what?...a position that is secondary in the offensive scheme of the team. #priorities

Also, it’s not like the team was WR away from beating the Titans. So yeah.

Winner winner chicken dinner. I suppose a wide receiver would have been able to tackle Derrick Henry...

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    First round pick last year
    Third round pick last year
    Third round pick this year

What’s the problem? DeCosta over his 2 years has spent more draft capital on WRs than any other position!
    Which is great longer term outlook. Boykin/Duvernay will take some time to become impact makers (If they ever do, fingers crossed). But for a team right on the cusp of a SB you would like to see them push their chips to the center of the table a bit more at WR.

Again, similar minded teams to us like SF and BUF pushed those chips in the center because they felt like they were really close and just needed a bit more juice in the passing game even though that is far from being their overall identity as a team. You don't get to say "No, we run the ball and play defense, doesn't apply to us". You need to have a bunch of quality pass catchers.

Blog Entries

Miles Boykin is going to be the second outside WR. He would have to make strides just to reach Seth Roberts level. Even then, a defense would have little issue with taking him out of the equation in 2020.