Page 108 of 112 FirstFirst ... 106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,285 to 1,296 of 1344

Re: Ravens Still Don't Get it it at WR

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    You're forgetting an exceptional OL, Boldin making big plays, and a defense that got everybody back at the right time. Despite being average overall it wasn't a weak team. Flacco was supported by all of the parts to do what he did.

The Patriots rosters still weren't weak even when during the year Brady went down or the times Brady couldn't play they could maintain a competitive team. Even still there's level to this where there are weaknesses that Brady could cover where Flacco couldn't cover for his teams.
    I’m not forgetting anything, you are inferring things I am not saying.
    I didnt say they were weak teams I stated there were other stronger teams. Average overall is a much better word choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The 2012 ravens were a pretty talented roster... I'd say they were above average in talent. They had a lot of injuries early on but got a lot of guys back at the right time. Stubborn harbs also decided to go with the OL he should have earlier on in the season with McKinnie at LT, Oher at RT, and KO at LG. The Ravens probably go in as a 11-5 or 12-4 team had he gone with that OL instead of benching McKinnie at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The 2012 ravens were a pretty talented roster... I'd say they were above average in talent. They had a lot of injuries early on but got a lot of guys back at the right time. Stubborn harbs also decided to go with the OL he should have earlier on in the season with McKinnie at LT, Oher at RT, and KO at LG. The Ravens probably go in as a 11-5 or 12-4 team had he gone with that OL instead of benching McKinnie at the start of the season.
    The funny part is they definitely weren't as talented as 2011. Just shows how you need luck and talent to win a ring.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    The funny part is they definitely weren't as talented as 2011. Just shows how you need luck and talent to win a ring.
    The 2011 team was definitely more talented. But the 2012 roster was better than average IMO. Top 5 OL (with the right combination)... top 10 defense when they had all the pieces together (I realise they were ranked 17th, but they were banged up for a big chunk of the season)... and mid level skill players. Obviously Joe Flacco was the main reason they ended up going all the way, but I think its a stretch to say he was surrounded by an average team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    When a QB is godlike they are the most valuable. It isn't when you're Joe Flacco.
    Not sure how to take this, but if it’s blaming Flacco then the only thing he’s guilty of is not having a yellow S on his chest. How many 4th Q comebacks were negated because of a prevent D. Think back to NE. Dropped PO passes, think back to NE playoffs, or having AB traded. Flacco deserved better in Baltimore. His critics blame him for sucking up quality WR’s salary with his big pay day. Will we say that about LJ? I say no.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Not sure how to take this, but if it’s blaming Flacco then the only thing he’s guilty of is not having a yellow S on his chest. How many 4th Q comebacks were negated because of a prevent D. Think back to NE. Dropped PO passes, think back to NE playoffs, or having AB traded. Flacco deserved better in Baltimore. His critics blame him for sucking up quality WR’s salary with his big pay day. Will we say that about LJ? I say no.
    Everyone is scared to criticise Lamar. They will never blame him for his contract. And the same ppl will never admit they were wrong about Flaccos contract arguments

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Everyone is scared to criticise Lamar. They will never blame him for his contract. And the same ppl will never admit they were wrong about Flaccos contract arguments
    My takes on Lamar are fair depending on the discussion.

Also missing the playoffs for 3 straight years kind of proves that bad contracts (Flacco was not the only one) will hold a team at a certain level.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Isn't the logic of using 4th quarter comebacks as a positive a fallacy? You could argue that a better QB wouldn't have gotten down in the first place, and puts the game away easily. You don't always have to win ugly, you're allowed to win pretty. A win's a win.

I think that the proof in the pudding is that in the same exact season with the same exact squad, Flacco went 4-5, and Lamar went 6-2 (yes, notice I include the play-off loss in his record before anybody else brings that up). That was a rookie QB who went 6-2, and while yes, Flacco may have been getting older, he was 33 years old for God's sakes. Most of the QBs going to the HOF from this era didn't even reach their peak until after that.

We only see a microscopic portion of what goes into roster decisions and player analysis. Clearly the guys who are paid a lot of money to make decisions saw what was going on in practice and in games, and clearly saw that Lamar was the far superior player. I could only imagine how many SBs we would have won if Lamar was our QB during our stacked defense years.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    I could only imagine how many SBs we would have won if Lamar was our QB during our stacked defense years.
    Not so sure. He was only 14 in 2011.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Yes jon, except for Marquise Brown there haven't been any impact WRs. Hopefully with Bateman, and the signing of Watkins, we've got the complement to Hollywood. It's what Ravens fans have been clamoring for, so now EDC can go on to bolster other positions... Bc
    Bateman has serious skills.....the more tape I see on him the better I like this pick

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Bateman has serious skills.....the more tape I see on him the better I like this pick

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Facts. The more I watch the more I feel like we have a star #1 WR. Same with Tylan Wallace. He has great tape also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Facts. The more I watch the more I feel like we have a star #1 WR. Same with Tylan Wallace. He has great tape also.
    I don't even want a star. I would love above average, competent, make clutch catches when called upon status. In Ravens history, that could actually make you a star...