Page 102 of 112 FirstFirst ... 100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,213 to 1,224 of 1344

Re: Ravens Still Don't Get it it at WR

Statically speaking you have better odds drafting a more productive WR in the 2nd round than any other round in the draft.

Ravens Still Don't Get it it at WR

Not gonna read through this Epic Novel of a Thread .....but did anyone mention when Juju said in his interview on Micheal Irvin’s podcast?

https://www.nfl.com/news/juju-smith-...ot-re-signed-w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Laxdad24; 04-12-2021 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Not gonna read through this Epic Novel of a Thread .....but did anyone mention when Juju said in his interview on Micheal Irvin’s podcast?

That meant Smith-Schuster was considering spurning his division rival, Baltimore, which was also in pursuit of his services. He couldn't stomach becoming a Raven, especially because he wasn't entirely confident in his proposed role within Baltimore's run-first offense.

"[Playing for a rival], too, and I'm curious to see how they're going to be this year having Sammy Watkins and how they're going to use him and throwing the ball and stuff like that," Smith-Schuster said of the Ravens. "Lamar [Jackson]'s a really, a heavy run offense with the backs that he has. I just, just point being facts. His No. 1 target was [Mark] Andrews, who's a tight end. I think, just seeing K.C. and bro, Andy Reid was just calling me and he was sending me Lombardi Trophy pictures like constantly. We had a good talk, so it would've been K.C. after the Steelers.

Blog Entries

What would you expect him to say?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I saw what he said about the Chiefs and Ravens Lax. I figured all the folks that wanted to drive home their points about the Ravens offense already made their points, this was just icing. But, maybe they missed it and we can fire that whole thing up again, lol. Here's the juicy part of the interview for those so inclined:

"He couldn't stomach becoming a Raven, especially because he wasn't entirely confident in his proposed role within Baltimore's run-first offense.

"[Playing for a rival], too, and I'm curious to see how they're going to be this year having Sammy Watkins and how they're going to use him and throwing the ball and stuff like that," Smith-Schuster said of the Ravens. "Lamar [Jackson]'s a really, a heavy run offense with the backs that he has. I just, just point being facts. His No. 1 target was [Mark] Andrews, who's a tight end."

As a long time Ravens fan, I will say I found it kinda odd that they even offered him a contract. I remember back in the day distinctly feeling that there was no way a Ravens player would ever sign with Pitt and vice versa. I'm sure there have been a few here and there, but you'd have a very hard time finding a player that played and contributed to both the Ravens and Steelers. I know Rod Woodson, but that was before the rivalry truly hit it's stride. James Harrison was always the "one that got away". In my "old Ravens fan" brain, I never expected JuJu to sign with us, even though times are different now. Certainly didn't expect it him to sign here on a "prove it" deal. I think above all else, money talks and if they wanted to, the Ravens could have pulled an Earl Thomas with JuJu and blown everyone else's offers out of the water...but that is not the path they chose.

Maybe it was missed as I see Baldy has pointed out the shame worthy comments as well...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I saw what he said about the Chiefs and Ravens Lax. I figured all the folks that wanted to drive home their points about the Ravens offense already made their points, this was just icing. But, maybe they missed it and we can fire that whole thing up again, lol. Here's the juicy part of the interview for those so inclined:

"He couldn't stomach becoming a Raven, especially because he wasn't entirely confident in his proposed role within Baltimore's run-first offense.

"[Playing for a rival], too, and I'm curious to see how they're going to be this year having Sammy Watkins and how they're going to use him and throwing the ball and stuff like that," Smith-Schuster said of the Ravens. "Lamar [Jackson]'s a really, a heavy run offense with the backs that he has. I just, just point being facts. His No. 1 target was [Mark] Andrews, who's a tight end."

As a long time Ravens fan, I will say I found it kinda odd that they even offered him a contract. I remember back in the day distinctly feeling that there was no way a Ravens player would ever sign with Pitt and vice versa. I'm sure there have been a few here and there, but you'd have a very hard time finding a player that played and contributed to both the Ravens and Steelers. I know Rod Woodson, but that was before the rivalry truly hit it's stride. James Harrison was always the "one that got away". In my "old Ravens fan" brain, I never expected JuJu to sign with us, even though times are different now. Certainly didn't expect it him to sign here on a "prove it" deal. I think above all else, money talks and if they wanted to, the Ravens could have pulled an Earl Thomas with JuJu and blown everyone else's offers out of the water...but that is not the path they chose.
    I get what you’re saying. But his comments drive home what a lot here are saying. In today’s league..money talks. I don’t buy that team loyalty shit. If the Steelers woulda offered Judon the most $$ he’d be a Steeler. Instead he’s a Patriot! Is that better?

I didn’t and don’t consider Juju a “top” WR , but if a dude like him turns down more $ to not play here ..there may be an issue. I believe there is some fire to all the smoke about this offense. Most lay the “blame “ on GRo. This is his offense. And it works. In the regular season. But Juju is right ....Lamar’s Fav target is Andrews. Wrs are Divas at their soul! They want the ball. Just don’t see it here.

I get what you’re saying. But his comments drive home what a lot here are saying. In today’s league..money talks. I don’t buy that team loyalty shit. If the Steelers woulda offered Judon the most $$ he’d be a Steeler. Instead he’s a Patriot! Is that better?

I didn’t and don’t consider Juju a “top” WR , but if a dude like him turns down more $ to not play here ..there may be an issue. I believe there is some fire to all the smoke about this offense. Most lay the “blame “ on GRo. This is his offense. And it works. In the regular season. But Juju is right ....Lamar’s Fav target is Andrews. Wrs are Divas at their soul! They want the ball. Just don’t see it here.

Typically a starter from the ravens or steelers don't sign with the opposing team the very next season. I don't recall no players from either side ever doing that. So its truth to it.

But you right. Its all about the money. Juju career would have took a hit coming to the ravens along with his money after next season. Contract negotiations would be better with Steelers stats than Raven stats. Because I doubt steelrs will extend him after next year unless he balls out. Lamar favorite target is Hollywood not andrew. Hollywood had more targets and receptions. And he has better hands than andrews.

JuJu keeps showing his immaturity. That is all. I'm very happy he DIDN'T sign here.

Keep in mind, he's on a 1 year value-rehab / prove-it deal with the Steelers. I doubt he resigns there in 2022. And so, if you're a wise man (JuJu isn't, he's an immature knucklehead), you keep your interview to positives about the Steelers and why he wanted to try to finish what he started, or make it about Big Ben, or admit its about the money.

Talking nonsense about Baltimore or KC just potentially poison 2 wells of the other 31 teams he'll be trying out for, AND shows other teams he hasnt' matured.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    JuJu wanted no part of catching 45 passes next year for 650 yards, and not cashing in a huge contract when the salary cap rises in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    Typically a starter from the ravens or steelers don't sign with the opposing team the very next season. I don't recall no players from either side ever doing that. So its truth to it.

But you right. Its all about the money. Juju career would have took a hit coming to the ravens along with his money after next season. Contract negotiations would be better with Steelers stats than Raven stats. Because I doubt steelrs will extend him after next year unless he balls out. Lamar favorite target is Hollywood not andrew. Hollywood had more targets and receptions. And he has better hands than andrews.
    Absolutely true. That's why the only way he was signing here was for multiple years on an upper level contract. Then the stats and getting the ball would have quickly moved down his list of what's important. Keeping his comments focused on what he wanted to finish in Pitt would have been the smarter PR move, but the guy is young and has shown a propensity towards stepping in it. Throwing Watkins name into it was a little uncalled for too. Here's what I suspect will happen, JuJu will have somewhat of a bounce back year because Claypool will demand attention from the very start of the season. I expect him to be 60+ catches and 800+ yards or more. But I tell you what, if his stats and Watkins stats wind up anywhere close, he'll be signing another one year, prove it deal next season. He'll also look a bit foolish. I will always be pissed the Ravens didn't draft him, but I look forward to watching Marlon and Marcus make him curl up in a ball with 2 hands and his helmet around the ball for fear of coughing it up...again.

I'm not surprised JuJu didn't sign with us.

I'm more surprised we offered him. It would have been a bad fit. He's immature, and still thinks he's hot-sh!t relative to the many other better WRs out there. I'm sure he was surprised by the Market he was greeted with.

But I'm not, because he's SO immature, and he's not a true #1. Whats his purpose on a team? Chiefs wanted him to be a healthier, more proven #2 to Tyreek Hill. Thats a good fit when you have Kelce there as well.

Ravens wanted him to ????? Be a #2 to Marquise in a run 1st offense? Be a true #1 which he's proven incapable of doing?

It was a dumb offer by us. The TY Hilton made a LITTLE more sense, but not by much.

Where we ended up is actually the best option. A biG bodied, fast guy who has the talent of a #1, but is a bargain available for health reasons (and some personality issues if you've never read about them - he's an interesting dude to say the least)

But JuJu harping about the details of his free agency is just immaturity. What if the Ravens (would) have offered him the most money in 2022? I think its fair to say after these comments they will be less interested. Same might go for the chiefs. Sometimes its just best to keep your mouth shut, and speak positively of your current employer (the Steelers) more than anything else.