Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 110111112
Results 1,333 to 1,344 of 1344

Re: Ravens Still Don't Get it it at WR

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    At this point, I think it's safe to say the ravens get it at the WR position. Look no further than all the WRs they've drafted in the last 2-3 years. They've drafted the most. EDC is man who practices what he preaches when he said they don't take enough swings. Clearly they are. Question remains whether it will pay off. 2021 season will be one step closer to getting more clarity.
    Yes, clearly we're allocating draft resources to a greater degree than ever. We still tend toward cheaper, past their prime, free agents (which I'm fine with, marquis guys can break the cap with as much risk as a draft pick they don't perform, plus there's much more pro ready talent at WR in the draft these days). The question remains can we develop and provide the play calling to let these guys thrive. Then we'll get it.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Then EDC will get all the credit. But, rest assured, the two drives where the offense failed to score a TD, or the one where the defense yielded a garbage score - all blame will go to Harbaugh. That's just how it goes with the Anti-Harbros.
    Are those like Flurbos? You know what you can do with 3000 Flurbos?

All day for two at Blips and Chitz!!!

I'm playing Roy first.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid this year sorry...... I've been down this road before. I'm going the opposite way...... until they actually sign an edge rusher and I see a center who can consistently snap the ball...... we lost last year to Buffalo because we had a center who could not snap the ball..... Has that been addressed?

The one thing I did see in the super bowl game was Matt Birk.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    We had one, TCC, but they didn't use him because of short arms or something...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    How many playoff wins does harbaugh have since super bowl
    Same number with Joe as LJ

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Try paging Culex, he's our local necromancer
    Dead

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Are those like Flurbos? You know what you can do with 3000 Flurbos?

All day for two at Blips and Chitz!!!

I'm playing Roy first.
    You beat cancer then you went back to work at the carpet store? Boo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    You beat cancer then you went back to work at the carpet store? Boo

Roy the Rocket!

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    We had one, TCC, but they didn't use him because of short arms or something...
    Alligator arms...lol.

Way Down South in New Orleans

It's ok Harbaugh can snap it.....

Way Down South in New Orleans

Come back you were right

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I have been banging on this drum since 2013, since the old Ravens boards, and to this day I still think this team finds excuse after excuse not to properly address the position for the modern NFL. They choose to not be aggressive in finding answers, they choose to wait for things to fall in their lap at WR instead of actively make things happen and incur some degree of risk to do so. Whether it's in the draft, it's in the trade market, it's in free agency... we hear story after story of almost.

"Well they almost picked ____. they thought he would fall to them there"

"Well they almost picked ____, but he went right before our pick and we didn't want to trade up and lose that draft capital"

"Well they almost had the trade for ____, but they just wanted too much"

"Well we almost signed ____, but his asking price was a little rich for our taste"

I understand that you can't make every deal, that sometimes the best thing you can say is "No thanks" to a risky trade offer or contract. But at a certain point after all these years almost stops being a coincidence and starts being a direct reflection of how much you value the position and your absolute risk-averse approach to finding high end talent there. Drafting Hollywood and Perriman in the 1st are the only times I truly felt they attempted to address the situation in a major way and even though Perriman didn't pan out for us, I commend them for actually attempting to give a shit and find a WR1 who had big upside.

We all heard that they tried to trade for Hopkins/Lamb, that is great. That is the type of moves that the WR room desperately needs. It's just my hope that EDC sinks his teeth into WR1 like a pitbull before the season starts and pounds the pavement until he comes back with an answer. Enough is enough, give your MVP high end talent there, the small additions they made in the draft are a start but it's frankly just putting a band-aid on a gun shot. I sure would hate to fall behind by so much as 10 points against a team like KC in the playoffs, they are waiting for Tennessee 2.0 to happen again this year by playing from behind early with not enough high end weapons.
    Oh my goodness, this was from THREE YEARS AGO!

P.S. We miss you man!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I super miss sflegend89