Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Question about traveling through Maryland

We have a place in OC, but live in Ohio. Was there in March when all this virus crap materialized, and was hoping to get there sometime in May to do some work around the place (we're doing major remodeling), and safely stay in place there.

Just wondering if I'm going to get pulled over along the way since we have out of state plates. And if I have proof of owning property in Md., utility bills, etc., will that suffice?

Have a contact on the OC City Council that may be able to help me out also.

Any thoughts and advice appreciated.

Re: Question about traveling through Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    We have a place in OC, but live in Ohio. Was there in March when all this virus crap materialized, and was hoping to get there sometime in May to do some work around the place (we're doing major remodeling), and safely stay in place there.

Just wondering if I'm going to get pulled over along the way since we have out of state plates. And if I have proof of owning property in Md., utility bills, etc., will that suffice?

I haven't heard of people with out of state plates getting pulled over in Maryland. Maybe in western Maryland it's possible, but there are too many people in Central Maryland that have out of state plates but work or live here for them to pull that off.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

3. Re: Question about traveling through Maryland

I don't live there, but I'd imagine that as long as you aren't driving through w/a Browns bumper sticker on your car, you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I don't live there, but I'd imagine that as long as you aren't driving through w/a Browns bumper sticker on your car, you should be fine.
    Good call; I have M&T accounts and they're always sending me Ravens car magnets (not too popular with the Cousin Eddie Bungs fans around here). May have to plaster them all on the rear of the car. Cops may see them before the dreaded ohio plates.

Blog Entries

I have a condo in Northern Ocean City and was heading down there a few weeks ago. I was pulled over in Dagsboro, Delaware because I had Maryland tags. I was asked where I was coming from, where I was heading and why. They said if I were to stay in DE, to self quarantine. I have not heard that Maryland is pulling out of stater's over but Delaware is.

Blog Entries

Pretty sure Hogan said that police in MD aren’t pulling people over just to see where they are going.

My sister, who is an idiot, drove all the way from South Carolina to here and back to pick up her kids from her ex. She wasn’t stopped and asked any questions at any point in any state (SC tags).

YMMV but think you will be fine.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I have seen a fair amount of speed traps on the highways in Maryland, but I haven't really seen a bunch of people being pulled over.

I'd imagine if you're driving like an asshole and speeding and you get pulled over with out of state plates/license, you may get some questions.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Thanks for everyone's input. I'd already planned on cruise control fixed on the speed limit after crossing the border.

This is a concern, though: https://www.facebook.com/groups/340912498117/

MAJOR pissing match on the OC Locals Facebook page between them & us "Condo Commandos". Locals really have their panties in a bunch over the second property owners going back and forth. I understand their concern.

Hope this eases up by mid-late May, as I really need to get there. Here in Cincitucky, the Gov. has begun opening things up. So the wife goes back to the office Monday and I'm making some appointments, etc. Still no haircuts. My guy's gonna need a chainsaw.

Thanks for everyone's input. I'd already planned on cruise control fixed on the speed limit after crossing the border.

This is a concern, though: https://www.facebook.com/groups/340912498117/

MAJOR pissing match on the OC Locals Facebook page between them & us "Condo Commandos". Locals really have their panties in a bunch over the second property owners going back and forth. I understand their concern.

Hope this eases up by mid-late May, as I really need to get there. Here in Cincitucky, the Gov. has begun opening things up. So the wife goes back to the office Monday and I'm making some appointments, etc. Still no haircuts. My guy's gonna need a chainsaw.
    Some of the locals are just morons. I don’t think they have put 2+2 together yet. The town depends on tourist. The tourist depend on the college kids to be there working at the restaurants. The college kids depend on the condos being ready to rent. The locals don’t want anyone in now, but think the college kids will still be there this summer, running the town. My daughter was going to live there this summer but two of her friends backed out. Many businesses in oc will never recover if condo commandos don’t get there to get things ready for summer

By the way, working on your condo is considered essential business in Maryland. You should be fine coming into town

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    By the way, working on your condo is considered essential business in Maryland. You should be fine coming into town
    So if I'm coming from out of state to oversee carpet installation and install closet inserts, I'm OK?

This is my worry: http://oceancitymd.iqm2.com/Citizens...72&Inline=True

On pg 50 it says "Non resident property owners and visitors cannot legally travel to Ocean City" This is "Pre-stage" of the City Manager's Memorandum. Maybe they'll get to the next level by the time I want to go there.

So if I'm coming from out of state to oversee carpet installation and install closet inserts, I'm OK?

On pg 50 it says "Non resident property owners and visitors cannot legally travel to Ocean City" This is "Pre-stage" of the City Manager's Memorandum. Maybe they'll get to the next level by the time I want to go there.
    I was just looking at this earlier. It says they only wanted primary residence in town now. Someone might give you crap. But I doubt it.

I also noticed the mayor said no public gatherings until a vaccine is available. That means no parties. No concerts. No night life.

Blog Entries

Looks like you are able to safely go to Ocean City starting Saturday. Wicked posted this on another thread.
    https://wtop.com/maryland/2020/05/oc...-this-weekend/