Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: What Type of TE Do We Need to Draft?

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1991 View Post
    Could we take a TE that has a little bit of juicecheck in him? I know Boyle is in the backfield a lot what if we brought in a guy who is more of a guy that can catch out of the backfield who also can be on the line in a pinch.
    Okwuegbunam could be used like that. Missouri put him in-line, at H-back, in the slot, and split out wide. Swiss Army Knife -- who happens to run the 40 in 4.49. Could be just the ticket as TE #3.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Okwuegbunam could be used like that. Missouri put him in-line, at H-back, in the slot, and split out wide. Swiss Army Knife -- who happens to run the 40 in 4.49. Could be just the ticket as TE #3.
    This sounds about right. The 3rd TE should be versatile. A good value pick in the 4th or 5th round. Get a promising UDFA later, if you want, to compete in camp and probably go to the practice squad.

We are not locked into last year's TE-heavy setup. The great WR class and Lamar's evolution dictate that we go with the flow to a more balanced attack. It is for the best.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

he's my favorite in the draft:

Need is a strong word. Else certainly don’t NEED to draft a TE at all. Charles Scarf or an undrafted guy should suffice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this year Ricard becomes the TE with the 3rd most snaps. He is more of a FB/HB but he won't be needed on the Dline anymore. I like the idea of adding Delanie Walker to the mix, but he would be TE 3/4. Not sure he would be happy in that role and we won't need him. I'd prefer Scarff or an UDFA as they will also play special teams. Remember that 3rd string guys who don't play special teams, don't even wear a uniform on game days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Yeah he is my favorite too. He might not be a great blocker so not sure how the Ravens view him but he looks awesome in the passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Give me Delanie Walker (who worked well under Greg Roman) on the cheap if possible (1 year) then draft a rookie next year when the class should be more promising.
    This may make the most sense if Walker would come here as a third TE who won’t play much. He has the experience to fill in for Andrews if he gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Waldman also has Harrison Bryant as his TE #1.

Perhaps Walker would be Ok to take a cheap deal where he would stay fresh the whole year given the low snap count and play on a Super Bowl contender. If we don't draft a TE, that'd be a pretty good backup plan.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    NFL.com's player comparison in type of TE is none other than . . . Mark Andrews.

"Okwuegbunam will force evaluators into deciding priorities as his pros and cons list is fairly polarizing. His routes are raw and inefficient. He isn't difficult to cover when he's asked to gather and break, but he has speed to separate on over routes and seam attacks when he opens and goes. His ability to win with the ball in the air -- especially in the end zone is outstanding. He's not a physical blocker and is better suited as a move tight end. Scouts question his overall toughness as a player, but the potential is very high, which makes him a classic boom-or-bust prospect."

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1991 View Post
    Could we take a TE that has a little bit of juicecheck in him? I know Boyle is in the backfield a lot what if we brought in a guy who is more of a guy that can catch out of the backfield who also can be on the line in a pinch.
    If the Ravens just want to use draft capital elsewhere and get a Day 3 TE who can do a little of everything they could look at Dalton Keene out of Virginia Tech.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/d...ene/cp8uCqiaBE

Blog Entries

Personally, I would not even look at a TE until at least the 4th round (if at all) :
    (a) We have Andrews, Boyle, and Scarff.
    (b) This is a thin TE group of draftees, with Cole Kmet being the best of them.

... Bc