1. The supplemental nfl draft

What happens to the supplemental draft if there is no College football this year?

Can everyone that has played 2 years sign up?

Re: The supplemental nfl draft

From the NFL website:

To be eligible for the draft, players must have been out of high school for at least three years and must have used up their college eligibility before the start of the next college football season. Underclassmen and players who have graduated before using all their college eligibility may request the league’s approval to enter the draft early.

- so everyone who has been out of high school for 3 years could typically enter the draft.

- interesting that it says out of high school vs. graduated. Could maybe be challenged at some time by some physical freak who drops out of high school in 9th grade.

It did occur to me that Juniors who were planning to go back to school and didn't enter the draft may now change their mind, thinking if there is not going to be a normal college football season, maybe I just get a jump on turning pro now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    It did occur to me that Juniors who were planning to go back to school and didn't enter the draft may now change their mind, thinking if there is not going to be a normal college football season, maybe I just get a jump on turning pro now.
    Can they decide to do that?
    I'd imgine, if there's not going to be a college football season, the NFL will make some new, one-off rules for the situation.

As far as I know.

That draft is always in July, for players who had some change of circumstances or hardship after the mid-January deadline to enter the regular draf.

If, by June, it looks like the college season is shot, I don't see a reason why a bunch of players would not want to do it. Although they would be competing with more talent.

I heard one NFL team suggest they expand the normal draft to ten rounds, which wasn't approved. The league could decide to cancel the supplemental draft if it creates issues I suppose.