Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I am 100% convinced the Ravens are targeting McQueen or Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Arguably their skillsets are better fits in the modern NFL but certainly not better prospects overall, no
    I dont know.

I like Queen and Murray and I think they'd be solid choices. But...unless something crazy happens, I think there will be better players at 28.

AJ Epenssa, Neville Gallimore, Ross Blalock, Caesar Ruiz, Justin Jefferson, Jalen Reagor, Tee Higgins, D'Andre Swift, Grant Delpit...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont know.

I like Queen and Murray and I think they'd be solid choices. But...unless something crazy happens, I think there will be better players at 28.

AJ Epenssa, Neville Gallimore, Ross Blalock, Caesar Ruiz, Justin Jefferson, Jalen Reagor, Tee Higgins, D'Andre Swift, Grant Delpit...
    Good group, I would also take Shenault over either LB but I imagine I’m on an island there.

Good group, I would also take Shenault over either LB but I imagine I’m on an island there.
    He is polarizing, that's for sure. The fact that the offensive scheme is perfect for his skill set is intriguing, but not at 28.

Do you guys think Queen or Murray are better prospects than Mosley?
    Arguably their skillsets are better fits in the modern NFL but certainly not better prospects overall, no

Me either. But Mosley was taken at 17. If the Ravens were picking at 17 this they they are barely in the discussion. I am talking non-stop about Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs. But I do think 28 is the right value on them and it's just a matter of whether someone else who might be there might be a better value.

(And I will try to forget that Ray Lewis was pick #26).

I think Queen is the more likely pick between the two. I also think after 25 years it is high time they finally take a player from LSU.

I dont know.

I would cross off Ruiz, Jefferson, Swift and Delpit. Otherwise I don't have a strong feeling.

I am not getting suckered into the "they are drafting a center" talk again. After hearing about McCoy, Jenkins, Bradbury, Ragnow, and Price as going to them with the first pick the last two years, I don't see it.

Blog Entries

Do you guys think Queen or Murray are better prospects than Mosley?
    Better? They're not even nearly as good. Mosley is up there with Shazier, Devin Bush and Devin White. They were all a notch above Queen and Murray

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    He is polarizing, that's for sure. The fact that the offensive scheme is perfect for his skill set is intriguing, but not at 28.
    I see the opposite. Its because his skill set seems to fit in with what we do that you consider him at #28. There are other offenses he can really work with like the 49ers, Seahawks and Steelers. I wouldn't count on Shenault being there in round 2.

Blog Entries

I like Shenault A LOT. His injury history is concerning though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Me either. But Mosley was taken at 17. If the Ravens were picking at 17 this they they are barely in the discussion. I am talking non-stop about Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs. But I do think 28 is the right value on them and it's just a matter of whether someone else who might be there might be a better value.

(And I will try to forget that Ray Lewis was pick #26).

I think Queen is the more likely pick between the two. I also think after 25 years it is high time they finally take a player from LSU.

I would cross off Ruiz, Jefferson, Swift and Delpit. Otherwise I don't have a strong feeling.

I am not getting suckered into the "they are drafting a center" talk again. After hearing about McCoy, Jenkins, Bradbury, Ragnow, and Price as going to them with the first pick the last two years, I don't see it.
    I don't think center is a high priority for them either. Skura will be back and Mekari played pretty well.

Neither Skura nor Mekari are Alex Mack or Matt Birk in their prime, but they're above average starters.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Better? They're not even nearly as good. Mosley is up there with Shazier, Devin Bush and Devin White. They were all a notch above Queen and Murray
    Crazy how some folks don't remember how good CJ was in college, how much of a lock he was projected to be and how well he played overall during his time here. He was actually a home-run as a first round pick IMO.

I think the front office's comments are more truth than smokescreen. Those 2 players are good players. But there are other players at need positions rated higher by EDC than both ILBs. There's probably an edge rusher rated higher. Gross-Matos? Epenesa? Likely a WR or 2. Mims? Definitely a IDL or 2. Most likely a FS like McKinney or Delpit. We don't exactly know who those players are that EDC is eyeing and hoping drop to them at 28. It's fun to speculate. My speculating mind believes neither Queen nor Murray will not be selected by the Ravens at #28 overall. I believe he has them rated in the 30s or 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Mosley has regressed big time though

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Shit, maybe.

But I detect shenanigans either way.

Does anyone here believe that Decosta really believes both those players are being selected in the second round?

I mean, clearly that's a lie. I can't pretend to be sure to what purpose this lie serves.
    Did anyone here have an inkling that we'd take Lamar Jackson 3 years ago? EDC, Ozzie and Harbs did a great job keeping their interest under wraps.

They are masters of the smokescreen.