Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Did we really not want Peanut back that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    The more I’m digging into it the more I’m in agreement on letting him go, even if he was cheap.

Tbh I’m still surprised we went into last season trusting the LB situation as much as we did. Peanut wore the mic for the first three weeks when we got toasted yards wise. It’s clear he couldn’t handle it. He made splash plays that helped us out in big moments last year, but couldn’t handle anything consistently.

If they’re going to bring in a rookie you don’t want them learning from someone like that.

I’m still gonna assume they address the position more and don’t run with what they have like they did in 2019. I hope not anyway.
    I'm guessing they have their ears to the ground on some as yet unreleased veteran guys that they will bring in to hold the fort while a draft pick or two develops. They might decide to go offense early this draft and then hit the LBer position multiple times in the mid to late rounds.

Blog Entries

For what the Jets paid Mosley, the Ravens have only traditionally done that for players who could literally do it all. The amount of boxes that have to be checked before they generally dish out that type of money, is very considerable. On the field, Mosley couldn't quite do it all. In coverage, he could be had. You almost have to ask yourself if you see Mosley on that McAlister/Lewis/Reed/Suggs/Ngata level. I think he's a notch or two below. With all five of those guys, in some cases, they used the tag a couple of times before reaching an agreement, but they were all paid record-breaking or near record breaking contracts. However, with every last one of them, there wasn't a single thing on the field that they couldn't do, by the time they were paid.

What props him up more is who he was replaced with. A UDFA that they were able to squeeze some juice out of while he was here.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I don't know what the stats were like, but last season my heart sunk everytime I saw him coming onto the field because bad things seemed to happen whenever he was out there. Personally, I wouldn't have wanted him back even at minimum salary.
    Both he and Jefferson. Both were lost too many times and it magnified with both on the field at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Both he and Jefferson. Both were lost too many times and it magnified with both on the field at the same time.
    Yeah, really bad combo and not having intelligent players like CJ and Weddle to cover for it - it was glaring. Earl Thomas wasn't quite up to speed, physically or mentally during that early stretch.