Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2019 Mocks: What can we learn?

Shas- this is outstanding. Thank you

Really great stuff. This is awesome. Mostly unrelated, but if Cesar Ruiz is "high" team need, then those OTs should as well imo (or at least medium, if you value Ruiz's ability to compete at both C and G). Jones especially would be plug and play at one of the G spots. I guess Cleveland feels like more of a finesse tackle, so that would be a weird fit and a potentially awkward transition inside, but I would be plenty happy with Jones or Jackson, and I think they'd both start right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    not sure if you recall but I started a thread where I told everyone that I asked Kiper in person at a restaurant who he predicts we take and he CORRECTLY said we would draft either Hollywood Brown or AJ Brown
    Kiper's evaluations can be kinda not great sometimes. But he seems much better than most at reading the pulse of teams and actually predicting picks.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Really great stuff. This is awesome. Mostly unrelated, but if Cesar Ruiz is "high" team need, then those OTs should as well imo (or at least medium, if you value Ruiz's ability to compete at both C and G). Jones especially would be plug and play at one of the G spots. I guess Cleveland feels like more of a finesse tackle, so that would be a weird fit and a potentially awkward transition inside, but I would be plenty happy with Jones or Jackson, and I think they'd both start right off the bat.
    Thank you. I don't disagree, but it was already numbingly long and I chose not to expand on the point of swing tackles.

For instance, I don't know if Austin Jackson or Josh Jones fit the bill as swing tackles.

I definitely expect them to draft a guy like that in rounds 3-5--something they have done many times in their history.

Blog Entries

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Shas again.
    ..gp

Would you rather have aj brown or Hollywood?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I don't remember that, but it is super interesting. Kiper has us taking Queen right now IIRC
    The one time I remember Kiper nailing the Ravens pick was Haloti Ngata, while others were trying to call him lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Me? Definitely AJ

Blog Entries

AJ Brown. He was the top WR on my board,

For the Ravens - Hollywood. His speed is vital to open things underneath and he gets separation which works with Lamar.

I don't know who is better overall. They were pretty close even though Hollywood wasn't 100% fit so his potential is higher but maybe his potential to get injured will always be higher too, due to his size.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    not sure if you recall but I started a thread where I told everyone that I asked Kiper in person at a restaurant who he predicts we take and he CORRECTLY said we would draft either Hollywood Brown or AJ Brown
    I remember that. Here it is

01-29-2019, 11:05 AM#1helloharv helloharv is offline. Probably at the fridge getting a beer.
    Regular 1st Stringer

met Mel Kiper and he predicts we draft ....
    I met Mel Kiper Saturday night at a nice restaurant in York PA called First Post

Very nice guy to talk with - predicts we take a WR with our 1st round pick - AJ Brown or Marquise Brown

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I remember that. Here it is
    pretty cool - thanks for posting !