Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I don’t think the Ravens would take Baun over Delpit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think Delpits tape this past year screams Day 3 pick. Much rather have Baun.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

Interesting scenario:

Ravens are on the clock. Love/Hebert or maybe both are still on the board. The Steelers call, wanting to trade up. Do you:

a) make the trade for a small premium, like maybe a 2 and 4 this year, and a 2 next year;
    b) make the trade for an extreme overpay like at least their 2 and 4 this year and 1 next year, or
    c) no how no way do you give them a shot at their next franchise QB no matter what they offer?
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    I don’t think Delpit falls to Day 3. I think he is either a late first round or early second round pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    Seems pretty similar to a safety we took in the 1st round a few years ago that's in the XFL now.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Interesting scenario:

Ravens are on the clock. Love/Hebert or maybe both are still on the board. The Steelers call, wanting to trade up. Do you:

a) make the trade for a small premium, like maybe a 2 and 4 this year, and a 2 next year;
    b) make the trade for an extreme overpay like at least their 2 and 4 this year and 1 next year, or
    c) no how no way do you give them a shot at their next franchise QB no matter what they offer?
    I don't think this is the time to give up position in the first two rounds, so (C).
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Interesting scenario:

If it's Love, I hope they draft him! Make the trade extracting a moderate overpay, and then laugh at them for saddling themselves with a kid who can't play.

I mean, in seriousness, probably not. We have a window of our own in which to win, while Lamar is on his rookie deal. In a trade-back scenario, I'd need to receive back an early 2nd; I don't think Pittsburgh has one.

But man, I hope they shoot themselves in the foot by drafting Jordan Love. He sucks.

7. Re: Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Seems pretty similar to a safety we took in the 1st round a few years ago that's in the XFL now.
    Are you referring to Matt Elam? I fail to see any comparison to Delpit - if anything, they strike me as diametric opposites vis-a-vis strengths and weaknesses.

Blog Entries

Interesting scenario:

Hot, I can't assess what (a) or (b) might bring [although (b) is quite tempting], but what's stop the Steelers from trading with the Titans [who have the #29 pick]? They know we're not going to draft a QB. IOW us not trading with them would not really deny the Steelers one of those QBs if they offered enough... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Are you referring to Matt Elam? I fail to see any comparison to Delpit - if anything, they strike me as diametric opposites vis-a-vis strengths and weaknesses.
    Same. Elam was a big hitter who couldn't cover; Delpit is a rangy center fielder who can't tackle. Exact opposite players.

Delpit is still useful, even if he never corrects his weakness. Elam, not so much.

10. Re: Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    The mocks are merely a foil to talk about the prospects. For me that's what the draft is about learning about the prospects. As far as predicting who goes where or predicting what position etc....i don't really care, never have.
    This. And it's also about clicks and monetization for the website. Can't rollout the same mock the whole offseason, or folks will stop visiting your site.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Same. Elam was a big hitter who couldn't cover; Delpit is a rangy center fielder who can't tackle. Exact opposite players.

Delpit is still useful, even if he never corrects his weakness. Elam, not so much.
    All I can remember about Matt Elam is that he couldn't tackle either. Maybe Michael Huff is a better comparison.

In any case, I want nothing to do with a safety who can't tackle.

Delpit is an elite playmaker. He is going to be really really good.