Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Questions about Ravens "war room"

Has anyone heard "specifics" on how Ravens are specifically running the draft?

Will several members of our Front Office be at DeCosta house? or is everyone at their own house?

I think we could see a lot fewer draft day trades this year with all these moving parts

Blog Entries

Re: Questions about Ravens "war room"

Don't you worry none. The Ravens use state-of-the-art communications :

"Number please?" ... Bc

Blog Entries

which GM will be first to have his laptop battery die or lose wifi when they're on the clock?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    which GM will be first to have his laptop battery die or lose wifi when they're on the clock?
    Almost certainly Gettleman.

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    Has anyone heard "specifics" on how Ravens are specifically running the draft?

Will several members of our Front Office be at DeCosta house? or is everyone at their own house?

I think we could see a lot fewer draft day trades this year with all these moving parts
    Goodell's statement:

"Clubs have been advised to prepare to conduct the 2020 Draft entirely outside of their facilities and in a fully virtual format, with club personnel in separate locations and able to communicate with one another and Draft headquarters by phone or Internet"

So no, no gathering at DeCosta's house.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Don't you guys think this will drastically cut down on draft day trades?

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Just Eric & Culex, sheltering in place.

Blog Entries

Goodell's statement:

"Clubs have been advised to prepare to conduct the 2020 Draft entirely outside of their facilities and in a fully virtual format, with club personnel in separate locations and able to communicate with one another and Draft headquarters by phone or Internet"
    I'm going to listen to DeCosta's pre-draft presser.

But, I think there is room for interpretation with 'club personnel in separate locations'.
    They didn't specifically stipulate all personnel must be in separate locations.
    Why can't Steve and DeCosta and 1 or 2 select personnel couldn't meet at Steve's home conference room?

I think this format is gives a competitive advantage to organizations with strong operations and logistics structures.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I'm going to listen to DeCosta's pre-draft presser.

But, I think there is room for interpretation with 'club personnel in separate locations'.
    They didn't specifically stipulate all personnel must be in separate locations.
    Why can't Steve and DeCosta and 1 or 2 select personnel couldn't meet at Steve's home conference room?

I this format is gives a competitve advantage to organizations with strong operations and logistics structures.
    Yesterday on NFL Network Total Access they mentioned one GM specifiically and it was Decosta. All they said was (Decosta and Harbaugh live close by) and made a remark about each other meeting up.

I am sure they will be together somewhere it just might not be visually shown. I would think the Ravens have as up to date technology as is available and are prepared.

I am sure there will be some bonehead teams who falter but I dont think it will be the Ravens.

The network mentioned a trial run possibly before it all goes down I would imagine that will take place

In a way this almost makes it easier. The actually decision makers will be in one place. Would imagine that is at least DeCosta, Harbaugh and Hortiz. Probably Ozzie on Skype from Alabama and Biscotti a phone call away...

Might be easier not having the scouts around. Didn’t Gruden and Mayock famously kick out all the scouts last year before taking Clelin Farrell at 4???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodell's statement:

Who's the first team to have their zoom meeting hacked then?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Who's the first team to have their zoom meeting hacked then?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Which ̶P̶a̶t̶r̶i̶o̶t̶s̶/̶B̶e̶l̶l̶i̶c̶h̶i̶c̶k̶ team/s would actively recruit hackers to do this type of thing? Shout out to Al Davis, rip.