Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Blog Entries

Re: Mocking the ridiculous number of players who could be there still at 28

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Doesn't seem as likely a scenario as Ruiz.
    I'm talking about the top OTs not just the ones slotted in the top 10. And yes of course its more likely that Ruiz will be available because he's generally considered a lower rated prospect then say the 6th rated OT. But, I've seen mocks where Josh Jones is available at pick 28.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    https://twitter.com/JimNagy_SB/statu...84209298915330

If conducting the UFDA process is half of what Nagy describes in those tweets, adding 3 or even more rounds to the Draft makes a lot of sense.
    It sounds like they should add maybe 5 more rounds, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Yup, teams still have the FA market for vets but if the idea is to get to or close to 90 players for TC, 5 or 6 more rounds sounds about right. I don't think there is a limit to the number of UFDA players you can bring but there is a salary limit for all of them combined.

Having said that, it's probably not in the Ravens' interest to do this, as UFDAs can choose the team they want to go and the Ravens will be at the top for most because of their succesful history with UFDAs, being SB candidates, coaches...

It would be idiotic for the Ravens to be in favor of extra rounds this year: SF, Pitt and KC are all short of picks. We have excellent scouting and have been a beacon for UDFA talent, we should not forfeit that advantage.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Fuck no. Teams made their own beds in terms of the number of picks they came into this year with, and how good their UDFA operation is. They can lie in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    Yup, teams still have the FA market for vets but if the idea is to get to or close to 90 players for TC, 5 or 6 more rounds sounds about right. I don't think there is a limit to the number of UFDA players you can bring but there is a salary limit for all of them combined.

Having said that, it's probably not in the Ravens' interest to do this, as UFDAs can choose the team they want to go and the Ravens will be at the top for most because of their succesful history with UFDAs, being SB candidates, coaches...
    Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    It would be idiotic for the Ravens to be in favor of extra rounds this year: SF, Pitt and KC are all short of picks. We have excellent scouting and have been a beacon for UDFA talent, we should not forfeit that advantage.
    Agreed. I'd rather leave it to free agency to fills spots, and extend how long teams can wait before cutting rosters.

Teams can get to 90 players without drafting them...simply by signing them. While it is an advantage to come to the Ravens, who have a track record of signing them to the active roster (16 years in a row I think), it's also an advantage for at team like SF and KC, where you know they have less competition.

KC has five picks to the Ravens 9. That should give them some advantage in coercing UDFAs to to there. If they expand the draft by five rounds that gives KC 10 drafted players to the Ravens 14--in that case the Ravens can really target who they like.

I feel as though the Ravens and their strong scouting network have an advantage in getting a read on the back of the draft and beyond, players other teams didn't get to evaluate.