Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Culex - Round 1 Mock Draft (Final Revision)

He could fall all the way to 55 in a perfect storm, but I think there’s a greater chance Ruiz goes before our first pick at 28 than there is that he falls far into the second where a package of 55 and 92 would be enough to move up for him.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    He could fall all the way to 55 in a perfect storm, but I think there’s a greater chance Ruiz goes before our first pick at 28 than there is that he falls far into the second where a package of 55 and 92 would be enough to move up for him.
    Our roster is looking so good right now to the point where I want value picks and immediate contributors while it's still as good as it is. Joining the Ravens right now is like getting into Seal Team 6 while joining the Browns is like applying for a minimum wage job at McDonald's.

3. Re: Culex - Round 1 Mock Draft (Final Revision)

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Our roster is looking so good right now to the point where I want value picks and immediate contributors while it's still as good as it is. Joining the Ravens right now is like getting into Seal Team 6 while joining the Browns is like applying for a minimum wage job at McDonald's.
    LOL

Look, we have a strong roster, but there are glaring holes at ILB and OL, lack of a long-term solution at Edge, an aging DL, and a fairly easily-upgradable WR corps. With Lamar's contract looming on the horizon, cap implications are going to require we plug these holes - and sustain other stronger-but-more-expensive position groups - with draft picks. We're not Ricky Williams-ing to go up and grab Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    LOL

Look, we have a strong roster, but there are glaring holes at ILB and OL, lack of a long-term solution at Edge, an aging DL, and a fairly easily-upgradable WR corps. With Lamar's contract looming on the horizon, cap implications are going to require we plug these holes - and sustain other stronger-but-more-expensive position groups - with draft picks. We're not Ricky Williams-ing to go up and grab Simmons.
    This mock didn't even have us Ricky Williamsing for Simmons.

5. Re: Culex - Round 1 Mock Draft (Final Revision)

This mock didn't even have us Ricky Williamsing for Simmons.
    Yeah, but you've suggested it a few times. =P

I might be on board with a small trade-up if something truly bizarre happens (a Lamb/Kinlaw/Chaisson-type of talent somehow falls to the upper-teens), but otherwise, I think each of these picks will be used and, in fact, we may end up trading back from 28 to pick up more. I'm confident EDC is going to let the draft come to him.

Blog Entries

Red face Re: Culex - Round 1 Mock Draft (Final Revision)

We have 55 and 60, not 45 and 60
    OUCH! Thanx Nj, my typo ... Bc

Had NE trading down and SF trading up correct.

Had NE trading down and SF trading up correct.
    Yeah trading up from 31 to 25 is not the same as trading up from 13 to 7. They traded back from 13

Yeah trading up from 31 to 25 is not the same as trading up from 13 to 7. They traded back from 13
    Still.. not bad predicting they'd trade up 6 spots from somewhere. You know what a shot in the dark this is? Personally.. I gave some teams (raiders) too much credit for their drafting skills.