EDGE players still on the market

Pretty surprised some of these guys are still available. I know we brought back Ward, Ferg is developing and we have Bowser and Judon, but I'd still be very interested in a 3rd down pass rush guy on the cheap.

Everson Griffen - 70 pressures, 76 PFF Total grade
    Markus Golden - 64 pressures, 60.3 PFF total grade
    Adrian Clayborn - 48 pressures, 71.7 PFF total grade
    Clay Matthews - 42 pressures, 54.2 PFF total grade
    Cameron Wake - 31 pressures (in 9 games), 83.5 PFF total grade

Griffen is obvioulsy a great add, but is likely out of the price range. Cam Wake and Clay Matthews in limited 3rd down pass rushing situations is the most ideal to me. Ferg can be inside with Campbell with Judon on one side and Wake/Matthews on the other.

What do you guys think?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Re: EDGE players still on the market

I really like Griffin or Markus Golden as fits for us. Either one of them with Judon on the other side would wreak havoc imo.

Cameron Wake's production belies his age. He could make a big difference in that limited role you talk about.

I know he’s not a FA, but possible TC cut or trade and restructure would be Kerrigan.

Markus Golden come on down

Wake and Matthews are in the McPhee/Suggs zone of cheaper older options. I think adding one of those and keeping some money to maybe add a linebacker or receiver who gets cut might be a better idea than giving all our money to Griffin or Golden.

I think we could probably use one more d-lineman to be able to generate a pass rush without so much blitzing, primarily on third down as the OP stated, but I’d take a wait and see approach with this list. Obviously nobody is beating down their doors right now to sign them, and there’s probably going to be a better player who gets cut somewhere along the way after the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdfaninNebraska View Post
    Markus Golden come on down

If the Giants aren't signing the guy, what do the know.?

Is it money.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Pretty surprised some of these guys are still available. I know we brought back Ward, Ferg is developing and we have Bowser and Judon, but I'd still be very interested in a 3rd down pass rush guy on the cheap.

Everson Griffen - 70 pressures, 76 PFF Total grade
    Markus Golden - 64 pressures, 60.3 PFF total grade
    Adrian Clayborn - 48 pressures, 71.7 PFF total grade
    Clay Matthews - 42 pressures, 54.2 PFF total grade
    Cameron Wake - 31 pressures (in 9 games), 83.5 PFF total grade

Griffen is obvioulsy a great add, but is likely out of the price range. Cam Wake and Clay Matthews in limited 3rd down pass rushing situations is the most ideal to me. Ferg can be inside with Campbell with Judon on one side and Wake/Matthews on the other.

What do you guys think?

I believe Griffen is Seattle's fall back for Clowney. Why aren't the Giants reupping Golden. Money.? Not sure about Clayborn or Matthews. Doesn't Wake want to retire.? Matthews would be a 3rd down option but if teams go hurry up, can he handle it.

Where do we stand with comp picks right now? If Roberts and Wolfe cancel each other out, then does signing any of these players cost us the 5th for Pierce?

If so, I doubt the Ravens are going to want to lose that pick for anybody still in free agency. They’re likely going to be in the post-draft, post-comp pick qualification FA market, though.

11. Re: EDGE players still on the market

Draft one before the fourth round and add him to the rotation. I know it is not supposed to be a deep class for Edge this year, but I think there are guys to be had that can be effective situationally while they learn the ropes. Plus, I trust someone like Wink to hide their deficiencies while they receive “on the job training.”

I think Matthews is done. In the few Rams games that I saw, he looked like a shell of his former self. Just my eyeballs there, nothing scientific to back it up. Granted, there's a reason he and the others listed here are being talked about - price. I think Griffen may be the best of the bunch, though he's only a year younger than Matthews. And even Griffen may be too expensive for the Ravens.