OT: Individual Ready Reserve

Looks like Trump has authorized reactivating people from the IRR due to coronavirus. Does this effect anyone or family members? I'm actually on it still until November and I'm considering making a call and seeing if I can just jump right in.
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Re: OT: Individual Ready Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Looks like Trump has authorized reactivating people from the IRR due to coronavirus. Does this effect anyone or family members? I'm actually on it still until November and I'm considering making a call and seeing if I can just jump right in.
    Good man Culex

I actually just hit IRR as well - from active to reserve to IRR.
    I would imagine they are looking for specific MOS folks(ie medical types). Haven’t heard anything yet.

Blog Entries

Question Re: OT: Individual Ready Reserve

Sorry to sound naive (ignorant?), but what does IRR do? ... Bc

5. Re: OT: Individual Ready Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Sorry to sound naive (ignorant?), but what does IRR do? ... Bc
    After you leave the military, there's a 4 year time period that you can be reactivated to regular military duty in certain situations, ie. war or national crisis.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

All/most military contracts in the US are for 8 year terms when you sign up. You have an active duty portion specified usually 3 to 6 years and the remainder is on inactive reserves.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

As I recall mine was six years. I was drafted in 69 - and spent two years active duty - that last year overseas in Korea. Because I spent a year overseas in Korea when my two years ended in 1971 I went directly into Inactive Reserves. Got my full discharge in 1975. As I recall it contains the facsimile signatures of Richard Nixon and William Westmorland

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    After you leave the military, there's a 4 year time period that you can be reactivated to regular military duty in certain situations, ie. war or national crisis.
    Thanks! I received my Honorable Discharge in 1970. Served in the 344th General Hospital, which had been created in 1918 during WWI. I guess I'm too old to be reactivated Here's a well wish to those who are and I thank them for their service... Bc

https://youtu.be/x2L3skZ7FEw

Quote Originally Posted by Pshawww View Post
    I actually just hit IRR as well - from active to reserve to IRR.
    I would imagine they are looking for specific MOS folks(ie medical types). Haven’t heard anything yet.
    I'm sure it wouldn't just be medical types. If more ships are being deployed then they would need more of those rates that are included on ships as a whole. Whether or not they have enough is the question.

Blog Entries

I received an email telling me retirees can come back to service on a voluntary basis from some medical MOS's.

I'm Artillery so I didn't follow up on it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah - the note I saw listed off medical MOS's, 70's and 68 series for Army.
    You have the Guard and full reserve units for non-doctor tasks. Adding individuals of non critical MOS's and cobbling them together isn't going to help a lot (with the exceptions being doctors).