Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: OT: Favorite Wrestling Themes.

The UnderTaker...Graveyard Symphony...bong, bong, bong...chills

Blog Entries

The GOAT...can't go wrong with the original although all the variations over the years are good too lol.

Coincidentally Jericho's current theme is also one of the best themes.

Three good themes not often talked about are Ken Shamrock, Steve Blackman's second (the drum heavy one) and Dean Malenko's WWE theme circa 2000.

New themes are generally not great in my opinion especially in WWE, but Shinsuke Nakamura's theme slaps.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I used to like Val Venus' entrance music..lol

Theme of the most underrated wrestler in wrestling Hirooki Goto.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    What is so funny about WCW's music was that it was all from a Turner vault. So they would just go through the music that Turner owned and picked themes.
    I always liked the WCW themes that were just blatantly plagiarized versions of popular songs. The most egregious of which were probably DDP (Smells Like Teen Spirit knockoff) or Raven (Come As You Are knockoff)...I think Road Warriors had a theme during one of their WCW runs that was literally just a downtuned Iron Man. IIRC Jericho's also sounded very similar to Pearl Jam's Evenflow...someone in WCW sure liked 90s grunge.

Had to look and yup. Jericho is probably my all time favorite wrestler, I knew I wasn't making it up lol

Last edited by Bhcforlife; 04-01-2020 at 03:15 PM.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Back whrn DoD was the Road Warriors in NWA they used to come oit to Iron Man. Great stuff!

Love the HBK Theme as well, lol
    I didn't see you post this. That must be why the WCW theme sounds exactly like it lol. They didn't even try with this one. I wonder if any of the original creators ever saw any royalties from it? There's no way they didn't copyright infringement this.

back on twitter

Ultimate Warrior had a great theme...especially to go running to.

Other favs:
    Shawn Michaels - just a stupid catchy song
    NWO
    Ric Flair
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post

Other favs:
    NWO
    Ric Flair
    Big fan of themes who capture the wrestler's persona perfectly, and Warrior's theme definitely did that. Iconic theme. Same for Shawn Michaels, at least in the 90's - lol.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post

Other favs:
    NWO
    Ric Flair
    I think every man has pranced around his house to Shawn Michaels' theme, when no one else was around, at least once in his life.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Val Venus

Roddy Piper

Brett Hart - Hitman

Ultimate Warrior

Chris Jericho

Undertaker's ministry theme

I think I'm in the minority but I liked Triple H's "My Time" theme better than the Motorhead one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I always liked the WCW themes that were just blatantly plagiarized versions of popular songs. The most egregious of which were probably DDP (Smells Like Teen Spirit knockoff) or Raven (Come As You Are knockoff)...I think Road Warriors had a theme during one of their WCW runs that was literally just a downtuned Iron Man. IIRC Jericho's also sounded very similar to Pearl Jam's Evenflow...someone in WCW sure liked 90s grunge.

Had to look and yup. Jericho is probably my all time favorite wrestler, I knew I wasn't making it up lol

Forgot about Jericho's evenflow theme. Fantastic stuff.