Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

OT: Favorite Wrestling Themes.

I'm listening to the Four Horsemen's 9th WCW theme, while I try to do some cleaning. It got me thinking about what everyone's favorite all-time wrestling themes are? I'm pretty sure we've had this discussion before, but there's no harm in talking about it again.

What are some of your favorite wrestling themes?

I have a few:

Four Horsemen (9th WCW theme)(The one before the popular one that's always used for them today)
    DDP's 'Smells like Teen Spirit' variation
    Harlem Heat's theme
    Goldberg's Invasion theme
    Jake Roberts theme
    Ted DiBiase's theme (There is a rare version of it with Saxophone, that no one seems to be able to find), with 'Money, money, money' in the background
    nWo theme (WCW version) with quotes.
    Ultimo Dragon WCW theme
    New Jack's 'Natural Born Killaz'. Especially, how it would play during his matches.
    The Nation theme after Rock took over. There's also a version that mixes that theme with Owen Hart's version.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

2. Re: OT: Favorite Wrestling Themes.

Evolution had a pretty dope theme song
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

Re: OT: Favorite Wrestling Themes.

D-Generation X of course
    90% of the game is half mental

Wolfpack theme is good too.

Triple H "my time" theme

Benoits final theme

Mr. Ass's " I'm an ass man". Not my favorite but its catchy and the absurdity is something that was a running joke between me and my friends.

Mr. Perfect's theme was always one of my favorites. So simple but so good.

Ultimate Warrior's to this day gets me hyped.

Stone Cold's is so iconic that the glass break alone is probably my favorite.

Mr Mcmahon's was a favorite because my friends and I changed the lyrics from: " No chance no chance on hell you've got..." To: No pants no pants in hell cuz it's hot".

I love the 4 horsemen theme that you are talking about Ex.

What is so funny about WCW's music was that it was all from a Turner vault. So they would just go through the music that Turner owned and picked themes.

Blog Entries

I know that Jimmy Hart has a lot to do with quite a few of WCW’s better themes, during his time there.

D-Lo Brown's theme was always one of my favorites.

The Acolyte/APA theme used to get me pumped up.

Also like Randy Orton's theme music and Kevin Owens

Blog Entries

D-Lo’s theme was a good one.

9. Re: OT: Favorite Wrestling Themes.

Gangrel's/The Brood's entire entrance presentation, production & theatrics display: A trio/triad/triumvirate stable surrounded by a ring of fire, whilst simultaneously all being lifted via an elevator from underneath the stage! Additionally, I include their patented, ambushing attacks in which the arena would suddenly go dark, then when the lights were turned back on, some unwitting & unlucky bystander(s) and/or opponent(s) would be drenched in the dreaded "Bloodbath"!

Jim Johnston, former longtime WWF/WWE music composer, even implemented an Easter egg tribute to The Beatles into theme for The Brood. Being a fan of said band & their infamous, latter-day 'Death of Paul McCartney' hoax (beginning circa 1966), he wanted to pay homage. Thus, the eerie sounds of reverberating, whispering vocal effects at the start of the composition actually contain intentionally back-masked lyrics.

That is of course not unlike the aforementioned, all-time great group, as they too would often incorporate such hidden secrets into their own recordings, as has become renowned lore over the last 50-plus years. Hence, if one plays the Brood's 'Blood' tune backwards, the following, resounding phrase can be clearly heard blaring through one's sound system speakers: "I buried Paul." Die-hard Beatles fanatics will precisely recognize from where that quote originally stems!

Last edited by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $; 03-30-2020 at 06:00 AM.

Blog Entries

The Brood did have a good theme.

11. Re: OT: Favorite Wrestling Themes.

Q & A: "Who Dey?" . . . "It's a N̶e̶w̶ ̶D̶a̶y̶ 'BrooDay', yes it is!"

Back whrn DoD was the Road Warriors in NWA they used to come oit to Iron Man. Great stuff!

Love the HBK Theme as well, lol