Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: OT: Favorite Wrestling Themes.

IRS!

Quote Originally Posted by ninetysixer View Post
    IRS!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think every man has pranced around his house to Shawn Michaels' theme, when no one else was around, at least once in his life.
    Maybe once or twice I've done the Shawn Michaels pose in my underwear while yelling "Sexy Boy!".
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Also forgot to mention...No Chance in Hell. An iconic theme for the greatest heel character of all time...Mr. McMahon.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Off Topic: Wrestlemania sucked this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Off Topic: Wrestlemania sucked this year.
    Yup. There was just 1 good match. Charlotte Flair and Rhea Ripley with no gimmick crap at all was a very enjoyable match. Why couldn't they have more single matches in the ring with no ladders or backstage junk or movies or any of the other nonsense. That was just 2 athletes beating the crap out of each other which is what pro wrestling used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Yup. There was just 1 good match. Charlotte Flair and Rhea Ripley with no gimmick crap at all was a very enjoyable match. Why couldn't they have more single matches in the ring with no ladders or backstage junk or movies or any of the other nonsense. That was just 2 athletes beating the crap out of each other which is what pro wrestling used to be.
    WWE over thinks it.

Agreed, although I thought the Undertaker/AJ Styles match/fight was decent as well. The men's title matches sucked hard. Both were nothing more than 2 big guys hitting their signature power move repeatedly back and forth and then someone laying down for the pin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YorkRavensFan View Post
    Agreed, although I thought the Undertaker/AJ Styles match/fight was decent as well. The men's title matches sucked hard. Both were nothing more than 2 big guys hitting their signature power move repeatedly back and forth and then someone laying down for the pin.
    As a movie Undertaker/AJ was fun but it wasn't a match.

The mens title matches were horrible. It's all these guys with one or two moves just doing them over and over again in a short period of time. Why a claymore kick put a guy down or a power slam did when the losers finishers didn't work was never really explained.

I just can't see guys who can't talk being any sort of draw when you are stuck doing television with no audience. You need guys like Piper and the Rock at a time like this. Instead they have champs that roar and whine but none who can talk.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Also forgot to mention...No Chance in Hell. An iconic theme for the greatest heel character of all time...Mr. McMahon.
    I guaranDAMNTEE it!

Lawler: “He’s guarandamnteeing it JR! Nothing more of a sure thing than a guarandamntee!”

As a movie Undertaker/AJ was fun but it wasn't a match.

The mens title matches were horrible. It's all these guys with one or two moves just doing them over and over again in a short period of time. Why a claymore kick put a guy down or a power slam did when the losers finishers didn't work was never really explained.

I just can't see guys who can't talk being any sort of draw when you are stuck doing television with no audience. You need guys like Piper and the Rock at a time like this. Instead they have champs that roar and whine but none who can talk.
    I'm old school when it comes to wrestling and believe in the importance of protecting someone's finisher. As far as that goes, the Brock Drew match was a disgrace. 4 claymores and 3 F5's???? Why do those finishers mean anything in future matches? It is something that has gotten more and more out of control. Like the sidekick being used as a random spot in a match or the stunner being used as anything other than a finisher.

Back in the day guys didn't kick out of the DDT, or the Rude Awakening, or the tombstone piledriver. Guys didn't escape from the figure 4 in the middle of the ring, or the sharpshooter. When Shawn Michaels hit sweet chin music a pin followed, when stone cold hit the stunner it was over and the finisher was important. I understand in rare instances there were matches where multiple finishers were used or there were multiple false finishes but it was very rare with this garbage now a days its almost every fucking match.

Its why I try to stick to watching matches from the 80's and 90's.

Ok I'm done yelling at the cloud.

Blog Entries

Cliffs of what I posted in the OT wrestling thread.

Wrestlemania was okay given the circumstances.

Boneyard and Firefly "matches" were clearly, by far, the best thing on each night. How great must Matt Hardy feel given he pioneered this kind of thing?

Rhea vs. Charlotte was the only quality "wrestling" match on the show, but Charlotte on NXT serves zero purpose, as she's proven to not be a ratings draw (NXT ratings moved little every time she was announced to be there and did nothing to close the gap with AEW), and will do nothing but take away from the women there.

Braun vs. Goldberg went as well as it could have, hopefully putting the title on Goldberg blowing up in their faces prevents them from doing stuff like that in the future.

Drew vs. Lesnar was horrible. Unlike Goldberg, both of these guys can actually work a match, so seeing them just hit their finishers was pathetic. It should not have been the main event.

Edge vs. Orton, Last Man Standing matches are the worst match type in wrestling, it went on way too long, both guys are capable of putting on something much better, the build to the match was so good, it's a shame the match was terrible.

Black vs. Lashley was okay, but no build and based on Raw looks like no follow up, so whatever, I guess.

Everything else was meh.

At least I got Alexa, Kairi, and Asuka in the same ring for a while.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52